Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Predictions on 2013 Themes / Sub-Themes / Sets/ Characters

13»

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Crozlow said:

I'm thinking about expanding on world city and city. You have hospital, police, fire, port/ mini Harbour, airport/space port. Maybe have bus station or some housing, or corner stores, maybe a tavern or govt building. Make it like a city.

They have the Town Plan #10184, City Corner #7641, #7633, #8403, and #8404 Public Transport Station
  • CrozlowCrozlow Member Posts: 4
    Pitfall69 said:

Crozlow said:

I'm thinking about expanding on world city and city. You have hospital, police, fire, port/ mini Harbour, airport/space port. Maybe have bus station or some housing, or corner stores, maybe a tavern or govt building. Make it like a city.

They have the Town Plan #10184, City Corner #7641, #7633, #8403, and #8404 Public Transport Station

Yes I know about them , however they are quite difficult to acquire. Maybe bring it back!
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    I'm thinking that a Tron theme would be awesome if they could incorporate some glow-in-the-dark in the minifigs.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Crozlow said:

Pitfall69 said:

Crozlow said:

Yes I know about them , however they are quite difficult to acquire. Maybe bring it back!
    Wishful thinking :)
  • rmarkworthrmarkworth GermanyMember Posts: 87
    A LEGO City Zoo would be nice. But I guess it's to expensive for TLG to produce lots of molds for all the animals...
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 251

Id love to see Lego release some classic F1 car builds such as this one:

That would be awsome. Btw: I've added a F1 project on CUUSOO a while ago: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/18192
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    Does anyone think we might see Lone Ranger sets, based on Disney's new movie coming out in July 2013? Or would we have heard something by now? Johnny Depp is playing Tonto. That should be interesting :-)
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092

I'm thinking that a Tron theme would be awesome if they could incorporate some glow-in-the-dark in the minifigs.

That would actually be pretty cool. Glow in the dark tiles and minifigures and such, I'd buy that.

• Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    UCS LOTR (seriously, I think they might do it)
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,290
    ^ Minas Tirith (sp?) I think would be an awesome UCS LOTR.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    edited August 2012
    Assuming they do indeed re-release the Khetanna in the coming year, do we think it will include an additional skiff again, or would I be better off picking up two copies of 9496? Personally, I'm hoping the cargo skiff turns up in a potential remake, hopefully with a few more of the skiff guards.
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    Minas Tirith as 5digit set is really probable.
    I'm only wondering about it's tree - in minifig scale or not
    (like bridges from a few pieces in SW ships [Malevolence]).
  • TheBrickLifeTheBrickLife Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what this could mean?
    It was on the back page of the latest Lego Club Magazine (Australia) which came out today.

http://www.thebricklife.com/lego-2013-first-sneak-peek-image/
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    There is a polar expedition theme launching for 2013.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,430
    Cool! (Pun intended). They rock/crystal and exploration theme is giving me a bit of a power miners vibe though... Which is worrying. Be interesting to see if they go the scientific or fantastical route.
    Ma1234 said:

There is a polar expedition theme launching for 2013.

• SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 141
    Possibly Superman's Arctic base?
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    ^ Fortress of Solitude
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,935
    ^^^^Lego have started mining diamonds?
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 141

^ Fortress of Solitude

I really wish it WAS a Fortress of Solitude, but it's probably a Polar Expedition theme as others have already guessed

• CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    I think its related to upcoming Superman movie :)
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    ^That's the first thing I had to think of, too, when I saw those crystals.
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    2013, the year of the Snowglobe!
    The first half of 2013 City collection looks like it will have 14 sets released, based on the contest LEGO is running to win them all if your picture is chosen for the holiday catalog cover.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ any clue as to what they are? more police/fire?
    dougts said:

^ any clue as to what they are? more police/fire?

I honestly would not be surprised if Fire and Airport re-boot.

The more untraditional sets - like the hospital, mining and parking garage for 2012 - tend to release in the summer wave.

What will be interesting is how, if at all, LEGO ties in City with the new LEGO City Stories video game, which is going to be a major launch title for Wii U and has had some very good early impressions (it is essentially a LEGO-based, kid friendly parody of Grand Theft Auto).

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Summer 2011's Marina lineup was a dud. I hadn't thought much of this year's Mining theme until I just saw them at LEGO built and displayed (they are promoting it in the front for September). I have to say I was wrong, the sets are well done and full of features.
    The source over on eurobricks is saying the name will be 'Lego Galaxy 2013' rather than 'Polar X-Press' (unless that was just a project name).

As I've said over there I'd have thought that 'Lego Galaxy' is slightly confusing with the 'Lego Universe'? :S

That said, the space/polar aspect would tie in with the idea that it would somehow be an update of the old Ice Planet stuff (Brickfanatics).

My guess is a 'Power Ice Miners in space' sort of feel.
    Sorry to double post, but did anyone else miss thiese comments on the frontpage?
    I work in a toyshop in Australia, lego rep came in to do first half orders for next year

There is definitely going to be TMNT stuff and its based on the Nickelodeon franchise, there's Chima replacing Ninjago which is kinda like Avatar with humanoid animals, but there'll be fly wheel type things rather than spinners along with sets and Hero Factoryish figures, Star Wars has the Rancor pit which connects onto the bottom of Jabba's Palace from this year. There will be more Batman and Spiderman sets including DKR Batman chasing Bane in the Bat. Plus there's Iron Man 3 stuff set for release as well as Man Of Steel stuff. There's Hero Factory Brain something I've forgotten because Hero Factory bores me, but basically it looks like they have brain slug type things on their heads. There's more friends stuff with counter display bags. There's a pretty cool looking city set that's like a museum heist or some such thing that's a bit more detailed and aimed at the 6-12 bracket. I think that's everything interesting well everything that interested me, there's a little bit more Ninjago coming out to but that's the last of it no more spinners.

Posted by xkillthelightsx in Australia, 06 Sep 2012 08:40

There is no Polar theme, at least not in Aus for the first half anyways, oh yeah there's a space them as well I think it was called Galaxy Quest although I can't recall will have to check, looked kind of cool though, bit of a throwback to the space series lego of old!

Posted by xkillthelightsx in Australia, 06 Sep 2012 08:53

Oh and Hobbit lego in December but I can't remember if that had been said already haha

Posted by kookars2 in Sweden, 06 Sep 2012 09:25

^^^Agreed. The flywheel stuff in Chima is Speedorz BTW...
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    Hmmm... Well, if the above is true, then I actually may be quite safe next year.

I will have to look more at Chima. Humanoid animals could be interesting. A museum heist might interest my son.
    Galaxy Quest might interest my son, but only if there are aliens. I am not sure my son will have any interest in Ninjago pirates.

It again sounds like yet another year that my girls will find little to nothing. :-/

I will be hoping for a nice quirky one-off line for them in the fall.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Galaxy Quest is the name of a Star Trek parody/comedy. I wouldn't really go everywhere and call it by that, unless of course that is its confirmed name.
    Penkid11 said:

Galaxy Quest is the name of a Star Trek parody/comedy. I wouldn't really go everywhere and call it by that, unless of course that is its confirmed name.

Yeah I think the person posting got slightly muddled. I heard on eurobricks it will be 'Lego Galaxy 2013' which pretty much confirms it as a space theme I would have thought.

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    As I heard as well. I can't help being very excited!
    It seems we may be 'on the money' with a Lone Ranger predicition (the Disney film with Johnny Depp as Tonto next year'

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?s=d1d71489fdddf2d09cba68710303ac11&showtopic=74142
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 708
    I'm sad there'll be no Monsters, Inc./U
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    andhe said:

It seems we may be 'on the money' with a Lone Ranger predicition (the Disney film with Johnny Depp as Tonto next year'

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?s=d1d71489fdddf2d09cba68710303ac11&showtopic=74142

I was afraid of this. I wanted a return of the western theme, but not really a licensed one. I'm just hoping now that the western modular on Cuusoo doesn't become a 'Lone Ranger Western Modular' set.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited September 2012
    Interesting. Johnny Depp will then enter the 'multiiple character minifigure' club with Harrison Ford (SW, IJ) and Alfred Molina (IJ, PoP). Am I forgetting anyone?

I also would like to see a Western theme straight-up from LEGO. But if this is the only way we get it I will take it over nothing.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

Interesting. Johnny Depp will then enter the 'multiiple character minifigure' club with Harrison Ford (SW, IJ) and Alfred Molina (IJ, PoP). Am I forgetting anyone?

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/85948/

I also would like to see a Western theme straight-up from LEGO. But if this is the only way we get it I will take it over nothing.

True that.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    I'm still hoping Julian Glover can one day be added to this list, but we'll need to see a resurgence of the Indiana Jones line for that to happen... which I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for if only to get my previous requests of the Mark VII and The Canyon of the Crescent Moon.
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    edited September 2012
    I'm affraid the poster with '?' is for Legends of Chima. In the pic. of the set, we can see 'blue' crystals - also on '?' poster... : (

More over, style of poster and box art is almost the same...
  • OrthobotrexOrthobotrex Member Posts: 165
    edited September 2012
    While it's still out there:

[Link to confidential image removed]
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    @sidersdd - Thanks for the link. I forgot many, as it turns out!
  • cynthilinacynthilina Member Posts: 188
    So It sounds like next year will be a little dry for sets. Chima looks ok maybe the minifigs will introduce new features we can expect on all new Lego minifigs, then again maybe not. Its like Lego is starting to dig deep for sets. I would rather they spend more time improving the sets than massively releasing new ones each year. SW is a given for hte next 10 years however they really need a collection like City that is going to stay around. I would have figured that Knights would have been a Lego staple but I guess not.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    Does the word confidential not mean anything anymore, @Orthobotrex expect you link to be removed.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    iBart said:

I'm affraid the poster with '?' is for Legends of Chima. In the pic. of the set, we can see 'blue' crystals - also on '?' poster... : (

More over, style of poster and box art is almost the same...

As soon as I finally found the Legends of Chima pictures (which took a loooong time), that was the first thing I noticed. Careful examination reveals they do use the same image and the LoC package back also shows loose crystals. This leaves no doubt in my mind that the poster is for LoC.

I doubt LoC will be for me, but if the kids like it then all is good. Overall it'll be a wait-and-see situation, but I think the minifigs will be welcomed in my LEGO town.

• OrthobotrexOrthobotrex Member Posts: 165
    ^^ I forgot about that. Sorry, guys!

• icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 509
    I'm really disappointed that Lego doesn't make a planet set with planet Naboo, minifig Queen Amidala and the J-type 327 Naboo royal cruiser in chromebricks. Pretty sure that would have become an absolute best seller. :-)