Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Other Hobbies / Collections

2»

Comments

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    I still collect currency. I used to collect qees & vinyl figures, but I sold most of that now. Mostly just LEGO at this point (which is great!)
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I have collected and played Magic: The Gathering for years. Although, I have been thinning out the collection to help fund LEGO purchases.
  • maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    I also collect video games... mostly Xbox 360 and PS3 games... during the last holiday season I collected WAY too many... I haven't even opened 90% of them never less played them. so collect I do, these games of video.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    I collect posters. Movie and Concert posters. It's also an expensive and addictive hobby. I love it though. I just framed up Ken Taylor's HULK poster and put it up in my sons room. He loves...and so do I.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    I collect Marvel Universe 4" action figures. Blend between GIJoe and my Marvel obsession. Lego is constantly in competition for space.
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    Well, I work in Asset Management (Physical Assets) and my job is to collect condition data on existing buildings. Just like with Lego, I'm not happy if it's not complete.

Does that count?

Xbox is my other obsession, and I have a huge collection of games. But I spend so much time here these days that I haven't played that much.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I used to collect coins, sports cards, and Star Wars and G.I. Joe action figures. Now my foucus is in Lego, but I do collect Cantina Bar characters still.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    DC comics and guitars
  • DmsmithDmsmith Member Posts: 26
    I used to collect action figures. Mostly batman related stuff. Still have some but haven't bought anything recently. Sold most of my stuff years ago.
    I have a small collection of Marx best of the west stuff. Got it for sale so i can buy more Lego.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Have had numerous collections over the years. Before my hands gave me fits I was a knitter and I have about 36 - 12 gallon totes of yarn, which will be sold for funds to buy more Lego if the doctors don't manage to fix my hands enough that I can get back to knitting. Some of those collections have been G Scale trains, K'Nex, HO Scale trains, Disney, and bells!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    When at home (in Canada) I collected comics, but I can't justify the price of them out here in the UK. So that's out for awhile, but the recent Super Heroes Lego line gives me a good fix for both. I collect items from the brand Tokidoki too - although again, I'm finding that hard in the UK (but this time because of availability, not price). And I also collect pins (pin badges), like from the Olympics, or Disney.

I'm nowhere near as obsessed about them as I am about Lego, though! You can build everything else with Lego :D I just wish I had some loose pieces to spare, I'd like to try building a Ciao Ciao out of Lego!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,232
    Please note that I have merged the new "What else do you collect?" thread here. Additionally, I'll paste my original comment below for reference.
    Hi all...please remember that any/all discussions here should really be LEGO related. We made exceptions previously on the "What does everyone do?" and "Where are you?" threads for a multitude of reasons not the least of which being that they showed the true expanse and diversity of our community here.

It is however a slippery slope, one which we have chosen not to traverse. We'll go ahead and leave this thread open but please note that it will gradually lose ground to both newer and refreshed discussions. Please don't hesitate to PM myself or other staff if you have any questions. Thanks...
  • thebearcollectorthebearcollector Banned Posts: 30
    edited July 2012
    Do you guys have other hobbies besides Lego, like car restoration and such? I have one other hobby and it's sports card collecting. Here is one of my videos (mods I'm not advertising for my videos. Also if this is the wrong category I'm fine with moving it)

[EDIT - merged with existing 'other hobbies' discussion. Also general grammar & spelling tidy up. bluemoose]
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited July 2012
    We already have a discussion on this http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3336/other-hobbies-collections
    [Edit - merged. bluemoose]
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    The period is your friend. Its use helps prevent posts from being unbearable to read.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    What Yellowcastle said ...

Hi all...please remember that any/all discussions here should really be LEGO related. We made exceptions previously on the "What does everyone do?" and "Where are you?" threads for a multitude of reasons not the least of which being that they showed the true expanse and diversity of our community here.

It is however a slippery slope, one which we have chosen not to traverse. We'll go ahead and leave this thread open but please note that it will gradually lose ground to both newer and refreshed discussions. Please don't hesitate to PM myself or other staff if you have any questions. Thanks...

The Staff treat this as a core value of this site, that this is a LEGO-related forum first, utmost & exclusively. We will continue to use our judgement on what to do with discussions like this, but our aim is not to encourage off-LEGO discussion.