Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Lego theme back to school items at Target

AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
edited July 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Our Target ad shows a notebook/composition book (lined paper) for $2.00 and our daughter saw retractable ink pens, but didn't mention the price. Perfect for the kids who are Lego fans getting ready to go back to school. Will check our two stores early this week and maybe one or two in nearby towns if we have a chance.

Comments

• maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2012
    Saw lego brick erasers, book covers, package of folders, pencils, and spiral notebook during the week. Can't recall the prices
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Would love some pictures and prices.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,131
    Here is a picture a friend sent me of some of the school supplies she bought.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,210
    Moved to Shopping USA/CANADA
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    ^ Thank you. @legobrandonCP, will post pics after I go to stores.
  • maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    Want pictures? Well why didnt you say that before ;-)
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 807
    Just picked up the poly folders with the minifigs pictured in @Russell844's pic and the package of folders/stickers late last night.
    $1.75 each item. Couldn't find composition notebooks but I will be heading back to find these today as I think they look great and can find a use for them I'm sure.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    Dang, hopefully I can find some of these in the UK, would love to use them for uni in the fall!
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 122
    edited July 2012
    These are also at B&N and TRU, along with folders, 2x4 erasers, nametags, etc etc.
    Thanks for the pictures @Russell844 and @maesterjay. Hopefully I'll be able to pick some up this weekend.
    My friend also got some luggage tags at TRU. She said the were by the registers.

I bought one of the green spiral notepads. I believe they were $2.50 each. @khmellymel, do you want any help in getting some of this stuff?
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    saw stickers and an interesting pencil case (large MF style head on a plastic tube, think there may be a fabric case inside & includes colored pencils according to contents list at TRU, wasn't a price & didn't scan but can check back and grab a pic.
    @Russell844 Thanks! I'm going to see if my fam are planning a trip down to the States before school starts first, that would be easiest as they send me packages to the UK anyway, but if not could I let you know? :D
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    @khmellymel - John Lewis do some Lego stationery in the UK:
    http://www.johnlewis.com/Search/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=lego+stationery
    Not as much as I thought though. Haven't seen those spiral books before.

@russell844 - I might be interested in some stationery bits as part of our ongoing trade... :)
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    My TRU (los angeles) has a special cardboard stands filled with Lego and Ninjago stationery. Folders, pencil case, erasers (look like Lego Bricks), stickers, spiral notebooks, pens etc etc. I'll take a pic when I go there again.
    @khmellymel, let me know.

@LostInTranslation, of course! :) What are you interested in?
    We saw composition and spiral notebooks in several designs, vinyl pocket folders in four primary colors and paperboard pocket folders all the same design, three different designs of pencils, three different ink pens, and brick shaped erasers. I'll take pics of what we got tomorrow if my hand allows.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,772
    I'm in the US at the moment, I will try to check out a target when I can. If I find anything decent, I'll bring back some extras to the UK.
    ^ One word: Hero.
    @CCC, check for the exclusive Monster Fighters Zombies set if you are getting that series. In the US it is exclusive to Target, but not sure of availability in other countries. Other Targets in our area are nearly out of the Lego Theme school supplies! Our TRU had a truck burn up recently so they did not get the school supplies yet, not sure if they will get them or not so will be checking other stores when we head to our Lego meeting on Saturday!
  • btbcc1652btbcc1652 Member Posts: 1
    I cannot find this in the UK yet, Target have notebooks on this weeks special @ $2 ea!
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 807
    Have the poly folders and cardboard folder pack. Have not seen the minifig composition notebook and I've been to 4 Targets looking for these (while checking clearance prices for good deals) and no luck on either front.
    The Lego store we went to today had very little left. We were out of town when we bought the stuff in the above pics. Still one more Target in town but I don't think we're going to buy any thing more.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    How do those pens work? The little image on the box makes it look like the head comes off and has a telescoping pen attached. Is that right?
    We haven't opened ours. Has anyone opened and used one? I'm disappointed that none of the pens were female characters!
    ^ might have been inappropriate to have a pen being stuck into a female body =)
    ^ LOL!
    ^ I picked up the Policeman pen today. I wouldn't use the pen on a regular basis cause it is too small for my hands but the Minifig itself is like 3x a normal one. Arms,hands move but body/legs are one piece.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    The Toys r Us in central VA had some back to school items, including the minifigure (maxifigure?) pens... a couple of the Ninjago guys.
    We found the back to school items at TRU in Elk Grove CA today. They had kid size drink bottles, paper, pencils, pocket folders, Bag Tags that look like a 2x3 flat Lego, pencil cases with the iconic yellow head incl pencils, and a set that had a notebook, eraser, marker and pencils.

@shikadi Were the name tags paper or plastic?
    Saw these on the weekend but no sign of the large pens or erasers. I really wanted to pick up a whole set of these things but had to choose between 76 cent minifigs or school supplies.

Obviously I went with minifigs.
    edited July 2012
    @LegobrandonCP ummm, think I would have done the same! TRU did not have the Minifig pens at the location we went to either. But the colored markers have the iconic head on the top of the cap.

At Barnes & Noble we found a Cinch Sack, basically a drawstring bag made of black nylon fabric with a Lego head painted on it and a small Lego logo sewn on below. Yellow cords make it possible to wear it like a backpack. Size is 15 in wide by 18 in. Cost was $12.95 + tax. There were no paper products but I did grab the only pink bag tag.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    The only thing I have found are the notebooks, plastic folders and paper folders with the stickers...really wanted to find the pencils and erasers :)
    What is at each store varies greatly in this area. Our TRU never got anything after their orig. shipment was destroyed in the truck fire.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    ^^ Ouch!! Hope everyone was ok
    ^ No one hurt, but load was a total loss from what we were told.