Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New Technic at TRU

gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
edited July 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Anyone seen the new Technic stuff? For $200 they had a remote control jeep like thing and a $140 helicopter. May mean the EOL for the Excavator is coming very soon.

Comments

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Non-promo sets all EOL at the same exact time: December 2012. The excavator will not EOL any sooner.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Some sellers in Europe are already selling these. The 9398 Crawler barely crawls like a baby and does not run :P and the Helicopter has power functions to rotate the blades and stuff...quite expensive in my eyes...
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Does it retail for $199 or has TRU marked it up? I think the set will sell well. A LEGO set plus a remote control vehicle. A great combo.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    At [email protected] the only thing that comes up when searching the set numbers are the instructions.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    Ma1234 said:

Non-promo sets all EOL at the same exact time: December 2012. The excavator will not EOL any sooner.

While that is true, many of them are gone before then.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,713
    Where is this EOL in December coming from?
    I know in the past EOL appears to be more a late fall and they just sell out mostly at end of November and December due to sales/clearance and Christmas demand.
    Unless LEGO has changed that up as well.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    ^ The dealers get a list of EOL dates. Those are set far in advance and are the general time a set is gone, it is also technically the last date a dealer can place an order for a set.

But it doesn't mean much, because often sets ordered in the last 30-90 days before they EOL never get filled, so any smaller Lego Authorized Reseller who wants items on the 12/31/2012 EOL list, needs to be placing orders now for those items.

I've seen the list, as have others here. Items on that list do sometimes go away in the fall, and sometimes don't go away until the following year, if sales are slower than expected.
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    These are available now at [email protected] along with a new technic tractor #9393. Interestingly I see that [email protected] is offering free shipping on orders over $75 but it is not mentioned anywhere on the site. Anyone know how long this is supposed to last?
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    @timinchicago I do not get free shipping with more than $75 in my cart, anyone else ?
  • SpiderManSpiderMan Member Posts: 47
    Mine was free shipping after $75. That's strange that it's not being advertised
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 889
    Lego is offering a select few users free shipping for the next few months, so that's probably what's going on. There is no regular free shipping offer right now...
  • SpiderManSpiderMan Member Posts: 47
    A select few? Do you know why they are doing this or how they chose the people?
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 889
    It's a test promo or something Lego is doing to randomly selected accounts -- it was talked about in another thread, but can't remember which one. Maybe someone else can point to it...
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    Well I am glad about the free shipping but find it strange that they did not notify me in any way.
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    Scored pretty big today. Talked to my favorite manager at TRU today. He told me he had a ton of new Lego in the back and that they are doing a reset starting Monday.

Long story short, I walked out with the new technic 4x4 crawler, batman poly and LotR storage box for $160 + tax. I used the 20% coupon and they let me keep the promotional items!!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Has anyone built 9396 Technic Helicopter yet? Having some difficulty with it! Anyone else?