Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US/CA] 30210 Frodo's Cooking Corner Spotted at TRU

atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
edited July 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
This discussion was created from comments split from: For Trade: Thor 30163, LOTR and Friends (UK).

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    richo said:

didnt even know the Frodo poly was out! I have spare track, thats it though.

It's been spotted in TRU in Canada apparently.

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    edited July 2012
    @atkinsar Wait, WHAT? Source? I NEED THE SOURCE!!!!! lol, please excuse my virtual screaming.
    ^ from the Bricklink forum: http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=652234 probably best not to discuss it in @ccc's thread though.
    Thanks to @Russell844 for the heads up on this.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,687
    Mine was not from TRU in the US. I'm going to try to get some more later. so I'm not going to post location just yet.

I put a crazy price on bricklink just to see if anyone is desperate for one!
    ^ that's the community spirit! This post refers to them being available in Canada, not the US.
    ^ I have a trade thread in marketplace for the community here, anyone (UK) can make an offer. We all know people from outside brickset read this site, they can wait until later!
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    Although my poly mantra is 'Don't take any chances' I don't think there is any need to go paying silly prices or trading away more than you should for this set just yet.

Over the past couple of years, polys that have surfaced first in Canada have eventually surfaced elsewhere. Given a little time nearly all polys are fairly easy to obtain.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,926
    ^ A prime example is the Friends Skateboarder set. It eventually was available in TRU in the US.
  • DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    True, most polys show pop up both here and there. But not all of them. Just look at some of the sets that came with the Donald Duck comic here in Sweden. I don't think that either 30133 (Jack Sparrow), 30088 (Rattla) or 30165 (Hawkeye) has showed up anywhere else, as far as I know.

But it's hard to know which ones that will surface elsewhere. I'm watching 30059 and 30120 very closely :)
    @Duchessa

Sweden does seem to be a polybag Hotspot for the rarer sets. :-)

30059 is only currently available in Japan in bubblegum vending machines, and as for 30120 both my copies did originate from Sweden, don't know the exact availability though??

• DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    @collect_that - Yes, there's been several unique polybags here the last year. All have come with the Donald Duck magazine. Not cheap (39 sek = £3,50), but I usually buy 10-15 of them. Two for myself, and the rest to trade with.

I think I mixed up the numbers. I didn't mean 30120, I meant the 30210 Frodo poly :)
    ^ thought you did but wasn't too sure! :-)

£3.50 doesn't seem sooo bad...although being a Brit I am used to mainly paying 30p!!! ;-)
  • DmsmithDmsmith Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2012
    I picked one up Today in Saskatoon SK. they had lots.
    they were $5.99
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534

@Duchessa

Sweden does seem to be a polybag Hotspot for the rarer sets. :-)

30059 is only currently available in Japan in bubblegum vending machines, and as for 30120 both my copies did originate from Sweden, don't know the exact availability though??

yes I think i know that guy that traded those Guido :)

30120 was available in FRANCE, in a special edition CARS magazine that was released the same date as the movie was released. you could choose between 30120 and 30121, and price was if i remember correctly something like 5 eur.

^ I wonder how many went for Grem, if it was a Cars magazine.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    #30210 Frodo is listed on the US ToysRUs.com site as well now. It's currently out of stock.
    sidersdd said:

#30210 Frodo is listed on the US ToysRUs.com site as well now. It's currently out of stock.

Dammit. For Once I thought we had a Canadian exclusive, but then it appears in the States even before it hits the shelf for me. ;)
    It looks like they are going to be like the batman jetski polys. Instore only, not online. And limited to 5 per purchase?
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ TRU seems to say that for every polybag these days...
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,926
    The Batman polys were available online as well as in store. I bought some online.
    You're right.
    The Frodo poly is still in transit at my local store. :-/