Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Available: UCS At-At LDD files and parts lists

cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
edited July 2012 in Marketplace
I have decided to make the building files public so if you are interested then send me a message.

carlqTheLoneTensorDaraghkiki180703

Comments

• bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    Is it still on Cuusoo or have you decided to pull the plug?
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    it's on Cuusoo but it's not going to get anywhere near 10,000 votes anytime soon.
    I have also decided to Have a certificate of authenticity printed I will have to design it first though lol but these will be limited to the 100 copies available with the certificate number, my signature (lol) and the persons name who has the copy.

I have number 1 and Drdave has number 2 the rest will be in order i have sent instructions to.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    WOW! Awesome build.

How has this not reached 10,000?
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    Agreed - that's amazing. I'd love the building files...
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,089
    I'd really like to get building that - just worried how much the parts would cost me! It is by far the best looking AT-AT ever seen in Lego form but it's got far too many parts for TLG to make into a UCS at this point unless they totally smash their price ceiling on the most expensive sets they've had out so far.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,690
    edited July 2012
    It's a little over 6,000 parts, so not much more than the Taj Mahal, and the UCS Millennium Falcon isn't a million miles off either. Even so, I don't see LEGO making one this big.
  • jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 192
    I'd love the building instructions for this too, although I'm not sure I'd ever get around to building it.
    I noticed the wheels from the UCS ISD underneath the body.
    Since I have an early ISD mine are light grey, yet some of the parts in this build are only available in light bley, so I'd have a mix. There are some bley wheels on bricklink, but they're not cheap and don't ship to the UK.
    @cavegod Is your build all in bley, and do you think a mix of grey and bley would work?
    I normally don't like them mixed since grey is fine on its own, but looks really grotty when mixed with bley. Maybe it would just look like weathering in this case.
    It could look ok depending on where you used it obviously.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 690
    This is an absolutely stunning model... I, too, would love the instructions...
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    @cavegod Don't know where I am in the order list but if I can request #7 or #13 I'd prefer one of those =)
    Stroth or thompson?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @cavegod May I have #22 when they're ready =)
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    @cavegod

I finally clued in what is happening here. Can I have #666 please. Since this item is a "beast" it only seems fitting.

Thanks
    it's only to 100 after 100 people have a copy then thats it.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Fair enough, #19 if available.
  • crainbocrainbo Member Posts: 12
    I would like a copy if possible.
  • mrfootballmrfootball Member Posts: 84
    Please send me a copy. Thanks!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I think you all need to PM him, do keep in mind that he isn't doing it for free. :) (nor should he) We are all going to help him fund his next amazing UCS set!

:)
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Payment sent!
    recieved!

I am going to have to sort out the numbering of the certs as i am losing track of whos had what now lol! I think we are up to #15 now.

would it be better to have just 1-100 or you can pick the number you like?
    I don't really care what my number is, but if I get any say at all, I'd take number 10

That is my son's basketball jersey number, and it is as good as any. :)
    lol at the mo that is your number anyway!
    oh all those who want a bricklink wanted list, if you create a new wanted list for any random part then email me with the id number i can create the list and email it you.
    Thanks @cavegod and I really would like to have #22, no joke =) Feeling quite excited at even the thought of building it. A little more so than the UCS MF even, as this is going where no man (other than cavegod) has gone before, 'The Road less taken...' Sounds like an exciting journey!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    I wonder who will be to complete the first sibling?

Number 23?? My jersey number!
    Drdave is close but there is somebody closer on Eurobricks.

I am expecting errors as i have not built from it only reversed engineered mine into LDD so heres hoping it's smooth, personally i would mek it all!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    edited July 2012
    I suspected Doc was well on his way. :-)

I take my hat off to you Pete. REing that must have been hell!!
    yep and no idea if it's correct it won't be far off but i wasn't taking mine completely to bits to find out if there was a 1x1 plate i had missed!
    It looks like I may have to do an update as there are only 24 large plastic wheels left!
    It looks like I may have to do an update as there are only 24 large plastic wheels left!
    Yea, I wouldn't sell 100 copies of this just yet, until we find out if the parts exist for everyone to build one.

Maybe do 10, get a few of us to build it first, figure out what works and what doesn't, provide some feedback, and go from there?
    Checking brick link it seems some parts are not available such as the barrel or the white futuristic wheels which can only be found with the 10134 USC y-wing.
    theres no white parts in it??
    Checking brick link it seems some parts are not available such as the barrel or the white futuristic wheels which can only be found with the 10134 USC y-wing.
    That is good to know now... :)

Since TLG is clearly not going to do a set like this, we need to figure out how to build this out of common parts that are easy for everyone to find, otherwise there will be nothing but problems trying to put this together if it is using parts from 10030 and 10134 that were never made for anything else.
    My apologies, the y-wing part was a left over from my previous wanted list ( thought I deleted that)
    I shall look into the barrel, but the wheel is fine theres 100's of them on bricklink.
    You could use drk bley barrels?
    as for the large sd wheels i think a 10x10 dish and some macaronis will do the trick leave it with me!
    edited July 2012
    cavegod said:

Drdave is close but there is somebody closer on Eurobricks.

Close to sourcing all 6200-odd parts, but the build itself is a different matter !

No hurry, though - it doesn't need to be finished until the middle of next year....

I have revised the engines getting rid of those wheels since there are only 24 on bricklink so thats 12 atats, I actually like the new design so may even change mine!, email me if you want a copy of the revised design.
    edited July 2012
    Hi,
    I went through all of the pieces in BrickLink to see their availability and it looks like only the following pieces stand out. I used a worldwide search with both new/used parts. The other parts look like they are readily available. The bold below indicates how many of that piece are required according to the initial version of the files. Limited means that only a few AT-ATs can be made with current inventory. Hope this helps.

Light Bluish Gray Container, Barrel 2 x 2 x 2 (4)None
    Light Bluish Gray Dish 8 x 8 Inverted (Radar) (6)Limited
    Red Technic, Pin 1/2 (5)Limited
    Light Bluish Gray Tile, Modified 4 x 4 with Studs on Edge (16)Limited
    Light Bluish Gray Brick, Modified 2 x 2 Curved Top with 2 Top Studs (1)None
    Light Bluish Gray Slope 18 4 x 2 (36)Limited
    Black Hose, Soft Axle 16 (2)None
    Light Bluish Gray Slope, Curved 6 x 2 (4)Limited
    Light Bluish Gray Wheel 30mm D. x 13mm (13 x 24 Model Team) (10)Limited
    Dark Bluish Gray Technic, Brick 1 x 10 with Holes (4) None

*correction* The Barrel should be listed as Limited and not None.
    the red tech pin can be any colour

the black hose is actually flat silver and 19L

you could use 1x6 curved slopes

the model team wheels can be the 31mm

the 1 x10 tech beams can be any colour as not seen

Awesome, thanks!
    So who apart from DrDave have started ordering parts to build this?
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 538
    edited July 2012
    I've started ordering - reckon I'm a third of the way through
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited July 2012

I'd really like to get building that - just worried how much the parts would cost me! It is by far the best looking AT-AT ever seen in Lego form but it's got far too many parts for TLG to make into a UCS at this point unless they totally smash their price ceiling on the most expensive sets they've had out so far.

If people are willing to spend 1-2k on a UCS falcon then surely why not?

No one had ever seen a set as expensive as the falcon at the time of its release didnt they.

I know its unlikely they ever will but here's me wishing :)

As much as id love to build this beautiful rendition the daunting task of getting all the parts just isnt something id find very enjoyable:(
    edited July 2012
    @cavegod Is there a rough estimation of total part costs? I'm hesitating thinking it can end up quite high.
    all i know is what i paid for parts which was around £250-300
    SprinkleOtter
    ^ When was that - 1973 ?!

Thankfully, I had about 2,000 of the parts before I started on the AT-AT; if I'd had to order all 6,200+ parts I reckon it would have cost around £1K....