Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comic-con San Diego 2012 Exclusives

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Anyone know what material is the map made of? How rigid is it?
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 989
    This may be probably is the wrong place to list this but as spotted by @nadnerb112 (on the news page), the site with the Rancor pic also appears to feature a new Joker pic too: http://ow.ly/i/LfyW
    New Arkham asylum?
    Hoping against all hope that this is the case. If there is any longevity in the theme, then I think we can be optimistic about having one at some stage. Especially since the first wave sets are derived from Batman I, like the Two-Face chase and Batwing.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    There has been a lot of wonderful news here from SDCC. But the worst is the Bizarro news. He is a main villain. I hope that when they say the Bizarro minifig will not be available in sets they mean that particular one. They could just change the torso printing to remove the plaque to have the standard backward 's' and have a different minifig, technically. They are throwing money down the toilet if they never revisit the character in their sets. He is a favorite of all young Superman fans and many would buy a set for his minifig.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    What's really frustrating is how many sellers on eBay have more than one! Yet some people didn't get any!
    My experience with conventions and SDCC is that dealers send out groups of their employees or flunkies to wait online to obtain as many collectables and exclusives as they can. It's like concert tickets or sporting events. Groups get together (since the venues only allow a set amount of tickets to be sold) and pool together as many tickets as they can and scalp 'em.

Hopefully @yys4u, @vwong19, and @BarneyBP got your badges scanned today. Keep us posted if you win something.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    So Ace at FBTB is saying that LEGO considers the giveaway today to be "Black Suit" Spidey and not "Venom.". Isn't that semantics since Venom is just "Black Suit" Eddie Brock?
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    Got my Hasbro exclusives during preview night and Bilbos from yesterday. Hopefully I get something today @[email protected] Those minifigures look really nice!
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    So Ace at FBTB is saying that LEGO considers the giveaway today to be "Black Suit" Spidey and not "Venom.". Isn't that semantics since Venom is just "Black Suit" Eddie Brock?
    I guess. Venom is just bigger and has that super gnarly face.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited July 2012
    But there is a difference @OfficerYellow , Venom is the name of the symbiotic alien itself. When its on Peter, he is 'Black Suit Spiderman'. Since Peter never succumbs to its full control and eventually fights against it, they are separate entities at all times.

When it's on Eddie, no one can distinguish separation between man and alien. Since the suit controls his actions completely. Thus he became known simply as the alien, Venom. Key point being the mouth and tongue present. Seen on the true Venom minifig pic of the 2013 wave.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,191
    My badge was scanned and the moment of truth in 3 hrs... After I lose I will be hunting people down who have them. :)
    The winners were chosen by group, not individuals. My friend just won two of the figs, Shazam & Phoenix, while his brother won Venom. Not only that, he won a one-of-a-kind-in-the-world Batman Pickable Model in special SDCC2012 case.

Brickset Exclusive Spy Photo:

^ cool. Congrats to the winners. If you could get crisper, clearer photos of the model at a not so spy-intensive time it would be appreciated. :)
  • BarneyBPBarneyBP Member Posts: 35
    Seems like there were many winners - perhaps more than 1,000 each of the models. I certainly didn't know anyone who scanned and didn't win.

I won a Phoenix and my brother won a Bizzaro. I was able to purchase Shazam and Venom for $40 each from folks who had just won them. So happy to have one completed set!

Not planning to sell - but to keep and display. I did also get a Mondo Lego Lord of the Rings poster when that dropped, I'll take pictures of the haul when I get back home if anyone wants to see!
    edited July 2012
    ^ Nice, congrats. The prices on the bay are coming down (as expected). I'm assuming they'll get below $100 by tomorrow.

And yes, I'd love to see photos of the swag.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,430
    Looks like we're at $200 and slightly below right now. Still trending down at a decent rate, but we've kind of slowed down really bad here at the $200 mark. It'll probably speed up again over the night.
    I am happy to have won a Phoenix. My brother won a Bazaro and I bought a Shazaam from a young girl for $65. She was with a bunch of her friends who had also sold theirs. The first was upset that she sold her minifig for only $20. Yes some people were selling and buying for $20... I will ebay for Venom to hopefully complete my set I am glad that a version of him will be part of the 2013 lineup. I attempted to buy extras on the floor but many people wanted to keep them or just wanted to trade. I wish everyone luck... be patient.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,093
    edited July 2012
    @sidersdd the map is printed on like a glossy stock card kind of paper. Nothing too special. I never physically got my hands on one though so I can't tell you for sure.

I did get my badge scanned, missed the walking dead panel AND game of thrones panel, and also attended the Shazam panel. The 6 people who asked the best questions at the Shazam panel got the figures.

Good thing is, I did win a Phoenix figure in the raffle, and managed to trade/buy my way to getting all 4 figures. Had to trade last years SDCC 2011 Batman for one of the figures though :(

It was pretty nuts, and at the same time disgusting. It was huge unorganized mob of people at the booth checking to see if they'd won and redeeming their prize. I also saw old ass men paying little kids (like 4-6 yr olds) 20 bucks for their figures, and I've seen these guys at the Con Last year, they're resellers. They were snaking their way up and down the booth buying up as many as they could... It started a kind of bidding war, people started selling their figures for up to $100
    @yys4u Agree - Lego's booth has been poorly organized all week. Posting the written winners (didnt everyone win? Felt like it.) in the corner was asking for a bottle neck and there was no direction. It seemed like half of the employees wanted the line on the left and half on the right. I was in a line to check raffle rsults by the store entrance when it was announced the line had been "shut down" until 6. No one listened and it was a huge bum rush back to the list and back to a mob setting.

Ive also observed similar contrasting direction with the Maul exclusive - signs stating no early line-ups only to have lego employees allowing folks to line up an hour early. (A line I was in, i should admit, so... Glass house meet stone.)

Id just like to see more consistency in communication.
    ^ Right, I was there an hour early (yesterday) for the Darth Maul line up. Although I thought it was the scavenger hunt, and when I found out I was in the wrong line, I just decided to stay. They even let people buy the Exclusive set early to get the line moving so it wouldn't get shut down. I feel bad for people that aren't used to the chaos and come in around 12 expecting just to walk up and buy the set only to see an hour or more wait in line and/or have the line capped, and probably never get the set.
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    I don't mind resellers buying the minifigures. What annoys me is the fact that they're trying to get people into thinking that they're getting a good deal for their minifigures when they're obviously not.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    prices are steady above the 150 USD mark...and I do not want to pay for that...I guess when everybody comes back from the comic con on monday, we will see a flow of minifigs coming on feebay.
    the two same buyers are bidding on everything this morning....
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    ^^ Very true @Supersympa, prices seem to have settled around the $200 per figure mark with more figures being sold than are being listed.

Monday and Tuesday will be interesting to see if those that haven't already listed are planning to list, or will be hanging onto them.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard UtahMember Posts: 320
    If the same two people they bidding, they might be trying to corner the market by buying them around $150 and then will resale them later at higher rates. I do hope Lego drops the price floor out of the market by releasing a similar figure in sets.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    @MCNwakeboard Yep = just like tickets scalping. With "only" 1,000 or however many they made of these, and such a large and active collector market with well-know licensed figures, that would be my guess too. Buy anything below $175 so that you can set the price in the future.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard UtahMember Posts: 320
    edited July 2012
    I only see the price going up due to the limited production (unless there is more supply from TLG). I think the supply of figures on the market are at a peak right now so it would make sense for a dealer to buy at the going rate in hopes of future profits. Still way more than I would pay for a figure. I think my limit would be like $20.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Yeah, I would likely pay more than $20 for a figure, but not more than $100. And of course, I would have to be deep in the haze of a consumerism panic at the time....
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    ^^ £20 or less for me, I know they are rare and all, but it's not like it's made of gold like a C3-PO figure is it?
    ^^ $20 would be a steal and that is what happened to many winners Friday who quickly sold their minifigs to the first person waving money.

It was interesting that during the SDCC Shizaam panel that the moderator mentioned that Lego provided the panel with a few Shizaam Lego minifigs and that he should protect them as they were going for $350 on ebay. Some people were made aware of the high demand of the Lego minifig during that session.
    Don't give up hope everyone. I've been able to snag all my figures at well under below market prices ($200). Just keep your eyes peeled on eBay, and you can get lucky!

And if anyone has a Phoenix, she is the only one I haven't gotten yet and I'd be willing to trade for her!
  • epicurestepicurest Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    Is there anybody who knows the difference between 2011 SDCC exclusive Superman and 6862 superman? I don't think they are different..But I don't think LEGO will include the same 2011 SDCC exclusive Batman in the future set! But why? Why was Superman an exception, unlike other exclusives, Batman, Iron Man, Captain America???
    I think the difference is perhaps the face? But his face may be reversible... so I'm not completely sure. That's the only difference I see. (Besides it being on a card in one, a set another)
    Did anyone happen to go to the Ninjago panel or hear news of it at SDCC? I'm just really curious to know if they're really going to do Ninjago vs Pirates next season. I say next season because I'm hoping if it's done in a TV show then it'll transfer over to sets.
    @yys4u - I'm wondering the same thing because I flew out on a red eye Saturday night. There was supposed to be a "very special announcement" about Ninjago in the booth at 2pm PST today. I can't find anything on google news.
    edited July 2012
    ^ I think it was just revealing a new trailer for the next season (which you can get a better view of the pirates)
    http://www.twitvid.com/JUYSW

^ Hey that's big news! People have been speculating that the next season would have pirates but as far as i know, no one had definitively confirmed it.

I don't care for ninjago at all, but I would surely pick up some sets if it meant getting new pirates and/or pirate parts!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    With the Series 8 pirate, I'm sure they'll be putting that mold in good use.
    I think I saw light bley boat mast riggings on that pirate ship. ;)
    ^Me and Sam need heart medicine for different reasons now.
    ^lol. Hang in there BrickDancer.. I'd be happy to share my heart meds. ;-)
    Looks like prices are not coming down that much on those minifigures...
    The same buyer who bought everything a couple of days ago (at any price), he now bids on ALL with 125 USD mini...
    he is trying to keep the market up...
    @Supersympa - prices shall continue to drop, however these minifigs will not go below $75 for weeks to come. The reason is because we have a precident from previous exclusives that will keep them from going down to $50 (Green Lantern). I do not think any single person is keeping the prices high, we are looking at the market playing itself out unfortunately to a huge comic fan base, especially for Spiderman....
    I might add that the best chance at any deals will be to look at bids for minifigs without cards. Yes I am still in the market especially for Venom...
    "Page not found" on all of those images.

Congrats on the win though! I guess you're @BrickDancer's lucky friend ;-)
  • LegoChosenOneLegoChosenOne Member Posts: 17
    Hi, so I was lucky enough to win this beautiful one of one Batman at the comic con Lego booth. What do you all think?
    ^Surprisingly looks very simple to make. It's that exclusive container though that will set yours very far apart.
  • LegoChosenOneLegoChosenOne Member Posts: 17
    samiam391 said:

"Page not found" on all of those images.

Congrats on the win though! I guess you're @BrickDancer's lucky friend ;-)

Yeah I am. I wouldnt have won if @brickdancer didnt tell me about it!
    Hi @LegoChosenOne !! So happy you found this place, welcome to Brickset! A lot of nice folks here who might be able to help advise on your trophy. (Do you still have any more SDCC figs or sold all?)

My dear friend here hit a stroke of luck and won a super exclusive Batman Pickable promo model. Its in a different pose from last months Batman & Robin model and of course in the one-of-a-kind official Lego case. Anyone know who the Lego Builder responsible might be? Also, any speculation on value? Has anything been done similar before for SW or otherwise?
    ^In my personal opinion, the only thing that makes @LegoChoseOne's model valuable is the exclusive case. Otherwise, it's easy enough to make that model by simply bricklinking it.
    There's not really any value you can put on it. There isn't one to go off before that's been sold, seeing as how there is only one. Bricklinking that would be very cheap.. again, it's just the case which collectors would crave. It's hard to put a value on something there is only one of..

All that being said, if you decide to sell it, I'd be interested. ;-)