Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comic-con San Diego 2012 Exclusives

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Yes, Venom has a mouth usually.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    ^ It's actually Peter Parker wearing Venom. :o)
  • SpiderManSpiderMan Member Posts: 47
    Ah a fellow comic book fan I see (:
    It still looks really good to me!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    If you want to get technical (which most comic book fans do) then, yes, it is Peter Parker in the black suit that later became Venom. ;)

I do agree though, it looks awesome and I wants it.

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,431
    Prices will drop by tomorrow, don't worry. $400 is outrageous and that seller knows it... they just have it 1 day early.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    @thornie, I am not sure it was an official connection but the Harry Potter sets 4730 (chamber of secrets) and 4709 (hogwarts) connect together in a top and bottom way.
    I hope they build out the pit in such a way that the rock edges that must make up the pit walls act as the outside rock path that leads up to the palace entrance. Can't wait to see.
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 152
    Anyone know how many of the SDCC 2011 green lantern and batmans were produced?
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    ^ 1500 of each
    I think I just shed a tear...

ebay.com/itm/Lego-Shazam-minifigure-mini-fig-San-Diego-comic-con-2012-dc-exclusive-/360473043938?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53edde23e2
    $32 to ship to Canada from the US! I think his shipping is even more outrageous than his BIN price!

ebay.com/itm/Lego-Shazam-minifigure-mini-fig-San-Diego-comic-con-2012-dc-exclusive-/360473043938?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53edde23e2
    I was just going to post this. Insane. He should have at least gone with BIN or best offer.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Susan Powter, where are you? We need you now! In our moment of crisis!
    Nope, clearly things it worth all that cash. I'd like to know how he/she won the raffle so fast!
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    That's not Venom. It's just Spider-man in the black suit.
    It is in certain Marvel universes.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    edited July 2012
    This may be probably is the wrong place to list this but as spotted by @nadnerb112 (on the news page), the site with the Rancor pic also appears to feature a new Joker pic too: http://ow.ly/i/LfyW
    New Arkham asylum?
    I NEED that, killer version of the joker.
    Joker pic is gone. Anybody happen to grab it?
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529

$32 to ship to Canada from the US! I think his shipping is even more outrageous than his BIN price!
    Good lord...$400 smackers!!!
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 818
    Insane to some but to others money might not be an obstacle t acquiring a fig. I'm not part of the latter group though so I won't be adding these figs t my collection anytime soon.

Attending NYCC so perhaps I can offer the LEGO swag from NYCC in exchange for the SDCC stuff later this year.
    A Shazam and Bizzaro just sold for $675... I feel bad for these people who pay so much just to have it a day early. If only they would wait one, maybe even two, days...
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,358
    There are many people in the world worth feeling sorry for but not someone who can drop $675 on 2 minifigs. That person is probably getting along alright :)
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    Anyone know how many of the SDCC 2011 green lantern and batmans were produced?
    yes 1500 of each for SDCC, and then 1500 more of each for NYCC with a different card, but same minifigs.

• yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,093
    edited July 2012
    Exclusives this year are very hard to get, and I'm pretty disappointed because I have a real good feeling I wont get one.

Scavenger hunt for Bilbo minifigure: Maps where released today at 930am (opening of con) I was in the wrong line, went to the right one, and by 10am they had stopped the scavenger hunt. Didn't even get the map :(

Thursdays Raffle, I think for the 5inch build able figure. Ended by 10am too, only one winner. Was too late to enter also :(

Also waited inline for almost 2 hours Wednesday night (Prieview Night), only to get close to the end and be told they sold out for that day. Today I waited in line for 1hr 30 mins and was able to get 2, maximum allowed per person. But I lined up at 10am and the sale started at 11am, even had a sign up saying no early line ups. I think they sold out today around an hour later too. (lines extremely long and tedious)

Sucks because I was at the LEGO booth at 930 during opening but its so hectic and every employee you ask tells you something different, so I was stuck in the Exclusive Purchase line instead of the raffle and scavenger hunt line.

Will try to get to the Con tomorrow morning at opening to at least ENTER the raffle this time, but you only get the one chance which sucks. Last year they let you get try multiple times at pulling a winning ticket from a box, but you'd just have to get back in line and wait about an hour each time.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,191
    @yys4u - I wonder if we have run into each other during the Con? If you see an Asian guy carrying around a 4 yr old kid wearing a spiderman or captain America pajamas then it might be me.

Anyway I had the same experience today, but I wasn't expecting much since I was at another line to get tickets to get the opportunity to buy toys from Hasbro. I succeeded in getting my shopping out of the way and hope tomorrow will be my lucky day with Lego...
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Here are some more images. Cool how you have two faces.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/7560111138/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/7560109832/

These images are borrowed and not mine.
    edited July 2012
    @vwong19 I may have seen your kid lol, I see a lot of kids wearing similar outfits.

The main attraction for me the past couple years have been LEGO so to know that I was at the Con and STILL missed out the exclusives is really going to bum me out.

I get sucked into a couple other random purchases, usually cheap impulse purchase. But this year there's a lot of panels that I want to see, but trying to get a hold LEGO's exclusives are making it really hard.

For instance, my plan tomorrow is get there on time, enter the raffle, then line up for The Walking Dead panel about 3 hours early. Right after Walking Dead panel is Game of Thrones Panel in the same hall, but then one of LEGO's exclusives is occurring during that. So I'll basically have to skip Game of Thrones and throw away my seat for the CHANCE of getting an exclusive.
    Yeah. I don't know how worthwhile the Shizam panel will be if they only give out a few minifigs. I do not know any Shizam trivia nor have I seen the show.

I plan to also get my badge scanned in the morning and go to some panels finally. Today I bought a 4 foot Helicarrier since I am an avid Marvel Universe fan... real pain to carry that to the car.
    @vwong19 are you for sure they'll be doing a trivia? That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping it was like a random drawing or raffle, but if it's a trivia type thing I'm screwed.
    @vwong19 and @yys4u...
    ...if this helps remember Shazam's original name was Captain Marvel.

The Wizard who gives Captain Marvel his powers is named Shazam (they eventually changed Captain Marvel's name to Shazam).

Shazam's alter ego is Billy Batson.

He was originally published by Fawcett Comics.

His comic book creators are C.C. Beck (artist) and Bill Parker (writer).

First appearance Whiz Comics #2.

And most important what SHAZAM stands for...
    S The wisdom of Solomon;
    H The strength of Hercules;
    A The stamina of Atlas;
    Z The power of Zeus;
    A The courage of Achilles;
    M The speed of Mercury.

http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/category/comic-con-2012/?hpt=hp_c2
    Wish Lego put in the teeth and tongue graphics for Venom. Like @iccarus says...more like the black suit Spider-man when he first merges with the Venom symbiote (yes, I'm a comic book geek...;)
    Joker pic is gone. Anybody happen to grab it?
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    Oh my gosh! I need that Venom figure now! Sadly I ain't paying £100 for a plastic thing....
    Not all SDCC Minifigures are from a raffle, one auction for Shazam states...

“The figure could only be obtained after completing a demo of Lego Batman 2 at one booth, then taking proof of play to another booth to redeem the figure”
    @vwong19 are you for sure they'll be doing a trivia? That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping it was like a random drawing or raffle, but if it's a trivia type thing I'm screwed.
    @yys4u - I am just speculating because that is what they do in other panels. It very well could be random (ie raffle) so please go in any event now that we have some basic knowledge from @legoDad. :) I think I would have a fighting chance at Marvel comics.

We got to remember to be thankful that although we may not get one of these Lego exclusives, we were fortunate enough to attend Comic Con to even get the opportunity.

When they start handing out the minifigs to the winners later today, I think i will have to offer some cash to people.

I thought today they will be showing 2013 Super Heroes minifigs.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,785
    Why does Shazam/Captain Marvel look so aggresive? I always thought he was one of the nice guys, a boy-scout kind of superhero.
  • BarneyBPBarneyBP Member Posts: 35

@vwong19 @yys4u
    Wow - I am in the exact same situation as both of you. Managed to get the Darth Maul exclusive yesterday after waiting about an hour for a set that's really a let down. I got completely shut out of Bilbo despite getting into the hall at the opening bell. Couldn't figure out where to line up.

I think I'm going to have to skip the Shazam panel. I don't trust the ambiguous language on how many they're giving away to skip the Game of Thrones panel. As long as I get my badge scanned, I'll have to take my chances.
    @vwong19
    can you keep us posted about the new marvel for 2013?
    Thanks dude, and good luck in the hunt!
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Whoa the first Shazam's on Ebay are currently at about 200$! and that's for a auction (not BIN)! :(
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    D: I'm either getting a new phone or those figures, which is better? (Phone is a Galaxy Y)
    The Shazam's and Bizarro's on eBay right now were the ones given out yesterday when you completed a demo game. However, Lego have said that 1000 of each will be given out today, so who knows what the total numbers will be?

Tonight there will be many more SDCC minifigs on eBay, once the "money is no object" gang have cleared the shelves, the prices will drop as demand is reduced...
    ^Yes definitely. If you look at it right now, even in the incredibly un-reasonable prices (for most), Shazam has already dropped $150 from the $400 price tag it had yesterday. Give it until this evening-Monday, prices will drop even more heavily as the market is flooded.
    Saying that though, in all honesty, I don't think we're going to see these figures sell for anything less than $150, which is a shame as they're really great! I'd also like to add them as I've just managed to pick up the two from SDCC last year and they'd all look great together.
    I am amazed by the buzz (high prices) on those minifigures...
    I would like them of course, like most of us here, but no go at 200$+!
    I am crazy, but not that crazy! LOL
    The Bilbo minifigures are selling out in minutes too :(
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,258
    ^ and that minifig will be released in the Bag End set later this year.
    What's really frustrating is how many sellers on eBay have more than one! Yet some people didn't get any!
    ^^ but you won't get that fantastic bag and map! :)