Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2012
    @crusher1976 Bricklink.com will be able to help you out. Just go to this link and click "show more filter options" then in the "any country" pull down bar, scroll down until you find your desired place. And click go.
  • maquesmaques HungaryMember Posts: 96
    Hi, I'm doing the manual PAB->BL matching part for the "Automated BrickLink cost minimization program"
    (http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3662/automated-bricklink-cost-minimization-program-available#latest)

There are some 80 items to be manually matched, I will post the ones I spent "my time limit per item" already with no success...
    Someone else might be able to tell in a glimplse:

So, what are these PAB items called/ID-d on BrickLink:

Flex Rod 11M
    http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/4234438.jpg
    Color Family: Black
    Exact Color: BLACK
    Category: Tubes
    Element ID: 4234438
    Design ID: 32199
    Price: 0.70 USD

Flex H.19M W/3.18 Stick Co-Inj
    http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/4583980.jpg
    Color Family: -
    Exact Color: 2.MULTICOMBINATION
    Element ID: 4583980
    Design ID: 63147
    Is

Parabolic Element Ø16 - Tr
    cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/3006349.jpg
    Color Family: Green
    Exact Color: TR. FLUORE. GREEN
    Category: Plates, Special
    Element ID: 3006349
    Design ID: 30063
    Price: 0.15 USD

equals to:

BL:"Trans-Neon Green Dish 2 x 2 Inverted (Radar)"
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=4740&colorID=16

?
  • peterlinddkpeterlinddk DenmarkMember Posts: 170
    The Flex H.19M W/3.18 Stick Co-Inj is called Hose, Flexible Ribbed with 8mm Ends, 19L with Lime Center Pattern

The Flex Rod 11M is called a Hose, Soft Axle 11

And yes - the parabolic element is a dish inverted - and flourecent green is the same as neon green, so you are correct in your assumption. (I'm not sure why LEGO has updated the design ID from 4740 to 30063, and there isn't any number on the elements themselves, so I can't correctly identify if they are different - but they sure look the same (I have several, both from sets and PAB) :) )
    Thanks Peter, was real quick...

I just noticed that the Flex Rod was automatched, but the Flex Rail wasn't, but the Rail was a no-brainer even for me... :-)

Here is another one with descriptive name...:

Prepack Flat With 2 Axles
    http://customization.lego.com/en-US/pab/default.aspx?itemid=4580964
    Color Family:
    Exact Color:
    Category: Transportation
    Element ID: 4580964
    Design ID: 89815
    Price: 2.00 USD
    Another one:

Spiral Tube W. Tube Stud
    http://customization.lego.com/en-US/pab/default.aspx?itemid=4558850
    Color Family:
    Exact Color: 1.MULTICOMBINATION
    Element ID: 4558850
    Design ID: 64230
    And:

Is

Rim Wide W.Hole Ø8.1 X 9
    http://customization.lego.com/en-US/pab/default.aspx?6011375
    Color Family: Grey
    Exact Color: MEDIUM STONE GREY
    Category: Wheels
    Element ID: 6011375
    Design ID: 74967
    Price: 0.10 USD

equals to:

BL: 6014b - Wheel 11.5mm D. x 12mm, Hole Notched for Wheels Holder Pin
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6014b

?

[+ if-not-then-what...?]
    Another good one:

Is

PAB: Mini Lower Part Koks/Orange
    http://customization.lego.com/en-US/pab/default.aspx?4214921
    Color Family: Orange-brown
    Exact Color: BRIGHT ORANGE
    Category: Mini Figures
    Element ID: 4214921
    Design ID: 73200
    Price: 0.45 USD

equeals to:

BL: 970c04 - Hips and Orange Legs
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=970c04

and if so, then what is hip color? [PAB:koks = BL ?]

Black (1)
    Dark Bluish Gray (247)
    Dark Gray (100)
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Spiral Tube W. Tube Stud: Isn't this going to be either 73590c01 or 73590c03? The first one looks to have removable ends while the second one does not. They both have a and b variants.

Rim Wide W.Hole Ø8.1 X 9 looks to be the same as 6014b
  • crusher1976crusher1976 Member Posts: 43
    Any idea guys ? i think star wars maybe?
    Thanks for the link LegobrandonCP
    So thats why i have lots of droids.Thanks.
    I have a droid torso but i cannot find it on bricklink
    Thanks again

and if so, then what is hip color? [PAB:koks = BL ?]
    Koks is Dark Bluish Gray, also known as Dark Stone - koks is the danish name for coke (not the drink or the drug, but the coal-product that you can use for burning) and it apparently has a dark grey, almost black but not quite, colour.
    Sometimes the names on PAB has one or two danish words, or even worse danglish words, which neither danes nor native-english-speakers can understand :)

Prepack Flat With 2 Axles
    http://customization.lego.com/en-US/pab/default.aspx?itemid=4580964
    That is the train axle, used in newer trains, like the Emerald Night.
    BrickLink calls it x1687 Train Wheel RC Train, Metal Axle, but PAB only sells two at a time (they are packed in small pieces of cardboard, just like capes and string.)

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,520
    ^ That axle is used on every 9V set as well as RC sets.
    Thanks peterlinddk and brickmatic, I think I finished manual matching the items, will update bsx now.
    Any ideas? maybe starwars again.
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 202
    Set #7868 Mace Windu Jedi starfighter.
    Thanks.davetheoxygenman
    What about this
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,520
    ^ Rock monster from Rock Raiders
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    The Jack Stone light up brick seems like something should attach to the clear part... But I guess not. I wonder if it was originally designed to?
  • PepperPepper Wisconsin, USAMember Posts: 91
    Set #7868 Mace Windu Jedi starfighter.
    Actually, it's from #7143-1 Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter.
    I was wondering about that tail fin.Thanks
  • muddacakemuddacake Member Posts: 2
    OK, I'm new here but I had to join because this is a problem that no one has been able to answer and I'm desperate. I have this problem with just about every set that I encounter. What I'm trying to figure out is this. When you look at the bottom of these bricks, you'll notice that they look different. This is an issue I'm having. How do I know what sets have which kind of brick?

Note: this was a quick post. Understood if I didn't elaborate more but this is a big problem for me.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    I have some of these "1x2 Hinge cylinder locking with 2 fingers and axle hole on ends" http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30553 that have the slots aligned with the gap between the two fingers instead of aligned with the finger. I wasn't able to find it in Brickstore or on Bricklink. Just wasn't sure if it is just some sort of manufacturing variant where it can be aligned either way.
    When you look at the bottom of these bricks, you'll notice that they look different. This is an issue I'm having. How do I know what sets have which kind of brick?
    Well, maybe I can offer some calm, and tell you that it is the same brick - some are just from a newer mold. The one on the right, with small tubes, are from sometime after 2000 - I'm not exactly sure when the change happened, and the other two are from earlier.

However it is an issue that also bugs me a bit - as I would like to have all the bricks in a set, match. But as far as I know, you can't look up when the change happened, and you could probably encounter some sets that had a mixture of both kinds of bricks.

• muddacakemuddacake Member Posts: 2
    When you look at the bottom of these bricks, you'll notice that they look different. This is an issue I'm having. How do I know what sets have which kind of brick?
    Well, maybe I can offer some calm, and tell you that it is the same brick - some are just from a newer mold. The one on the right, with small tubes, are from sometime after 2000 - I'm not exactly sure when the change happened, and the other two are from earlier.

However it is an issue that also bugs me a bit - as I would like to have all the bricks in a set, match. But as far as I know, you can't look up when the change happened, and you could probably encounter some sets that had a mixture of both kinds of bricks.

It really is frustrating and I wish that Bricklink or Brickset would take the time to tell you specifically what kind of brick it is because I just can't get over this problem.

Any ideas to what sets these parts belong so i can build them.
    1.Some kind of dish.
    2. Looks like a windscreen in light blue.
    3.Has a spring in it a bit like a forklift.
    I've been wondering earlier, but now seeing the post of @muddacake, I thought I post some 2x4 brick versions I came across in the kids "pool". Here they are:
    Note the vertical support in the white one. I also have "PAT.PEND." ones somewhere, but I guess there are likely even more versions...
  • SiliconwombatSiliconwombat Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Hi all, recently out of my dark ages and have been lurking since! Working on a Cuusoo idea I have but cant find one of the pieces that would be perfect and dont think another I've thought of has ever been made.
    The first is a shell, it exist in LDD but I cant find any sign of it on bricklink. It has a single stud on the bottom and a grippable bit on the end. Its just called 'Shell' in LDD if you want to see what I mean. Any ideas what else it might be called, has it ever been seen in the wild, does someone out thwere have one for sale?

The second item is a knife belt. It would fit in a similar manner to the kilt on the cmf Bagpiper but have a loop on one side to hold a minifig knife. I know new pieces are discouraged in Cuusoo but its not a piece that the set couldn't live without and I think ultimately it would really add something to the minifig its for...

Thanks in advance for any help tracking down or suggestions.

Tom
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,921
    It's not genuine Lego, but brickforge do these ...

Utility belt

Gun belt
  • SiliconwombatSiliconwombat Member Posts: 1
    Cheers, the gunbelt looks almost how I imagined it! Didn't think of looking on any custom sites...
  • Mom2LegoBoysMom2LegoBoys Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2012
    Hey all,

With my son just getting into Legos, I've come out if the dark ages. While at a yard sale today, we picked up a few things that I can't find in the database, and was hoping someone here could help.

The first is a black plastic suitcase, big enough to store lots of Legos inside. The stamp inside says 1997.

The second is a plastic Egyptian pharaoh thing. About a foot tall, gold color, with a sticker for a face, with a screw lid on the bottom. Looks like it would be used to store Legos. I don't see a date, but it does say Lego at the back base of it.

The third is what looks like something you would sit with on your lap and build stuff. There are 6x12 slots on either side that are covered by a flat green piece. When you slide them to center they form a large base plate and then one has access to the Legos stored under. Looks like a nice traveling in the car piece, or even sitting on a couch.

Thanks!
    My table doesn't have legs, but that is really close. It is more just for a lap.
    And yes, that is the correct storage case. Thanks for your help!
    ^^^ Is the table red? I don't know if there's a pic of it anywhere, but I'll post a pic if I find it.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    We have one. That has no legs, bins are deeper, but is otherwise similar. This is a picture of just the top of it. The bins form the legs.
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=30341c01
    ^ That's what I was looking for! I have one as well. Thanks for posting the pic!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    edited July 2012
    I'm trying to identify this helicopter - but not having luck. Anyone?
    flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7545090176/in/photostream/lightbox
    ...tell you that it is the same brick - some are just from a newer mold. The one on the right, with small tubes, are from sometime after 2000 - I'm not exactly sure when the change happened, and the other two are from earlier.
    This is still an issue in 2012. I bought several lime 1x2 bricks from the PAB wall at the Chandler, AZ LEGO store 2 weeks ago and both styles were in the bin.
    I'm trying to identify this helicopter - but not having luck. Anyone?
    It is part of set number 390 which odly enough isn't present here on brickset.

I searched for a decorated brick with "390" on it, and found that it was only used in this one set.

It is part of set number 390 which odly enough isn't present here on brickset.
    @Huw - what do we need to do to get it added to Brickset's database?
    @peterlinddk - thank you so much!!!
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    Hey all,

The second is a plastic Egyptian pharaoh thing. About a foot tall, gold color, with a sticker for a face, with a screw lid on the bottom. Looks like it would be used to store Legos. I don't see a date, but it does say Lego at the back base of it.

Thanks!
    Your #2 likely came with this set: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=5919-1 I have one of these someplace around here myself.
  • DmsmithDmsmith Member Posts: 26
    [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa69/bikerman_04/Lego Stuff/004-2.jpg[/IMG]
    Got this in a bulk buy.
    Looked on Bricklink and couldn't find it.