Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] B&N has some LOTR @ 10% off plus use 15% off code

13»

Comments

• gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    I am unsure why I would have, I created my BN account 6 weeks ago, to get SH sets, my first 3 orders got cancelled ... they were my first 3 orders ever with B&N. Didn't have any history with them in anyway.
  • dotknottdotknott Member Posts: 30
    Thats Crazy! Thats a lot of orders to be cancelled. Have you asked them why?
    ^ yes, they said those coupons do not apply to LEGO...
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Even I cannot order anything from B&N. Maybe because there was an issue few months back with the Forest Police Station set. I used Priority Mail which always always arrives safe and sound but this set I never received. So B&N refunded me the total. Maybe I am blacklisted. But then I cannot find any more 20% off coupons and I really want to grab one of each of Moria, Weathertop and Helms Deep for personal play :(
  • tcleongtcleong Member Posts: 19
    If you don't use the coupon, your orders will get approved. I think too many buyers used the same coupons.

^ I ordered on the first day and many people on this forums ordered many days after me but still got theirs..
  • tcleongtcleong Member Posts: 19
    I encountered the same issue with you. I ordered 9469, 9470, 9471 with coupon and they cancelled my order. I wrote to them, no reply. I ordered the same sets again, and same thing happened. Then, i ordered without the coupons and it got through.
  • MagnusReignMagnusReign Member Posts: 14
    Did you guys order with the exact same coupon multiple times? I used a different coupon for each order so ended up using 5 different coupons. I used three 20% off coupons one $5 off $20 coupon and got lucky enough for my 30% coupon to be accepted twice on my Helms Deep order as I thought one was supposed to be cancelled so ended up with two. I'm just wondering what it could be coupon? location? timing?
    No, different coupon every time (if trying to reuse the same one, it does not accept it)
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    I think B&N is not willing to do International with the coupons. And I forgot to use a 20% coupon I got in my email. But will try to order Weathertop as its still a good price with member discount and shipping to me included. Lets see.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    I don't know if this is everywhere, but I've visited two B&N stores in the Twin Cities area in MN and both had LotR on the shelf. In both cases it was on the end of an aisle, not in the toy section.

I can't wait for the next 20% off coupon, that plus the 10% member discount will be very nice, and no worries about orders getting cancelled. I predict we'll see one next week for the holiday.
  • ButchaButcha New ZealandMember Posts: 45
    I know back when I first started buying from B&N, once by credit card declined, and they cancelled all orders with that card from then on, so I had to resort to other payment methods. I think a similar thing happens if you have one credit card on multiple accounts too. Might be worth looking through, as that many cancelled orders is just nuts!
    I ordered a Helms deep and Moria. First time the order got cancelled, second time lucky. Seems pretty crazy, but I'm glad they're shipped now
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I don't know if this is everywhere, but I've visited two B&N stores in the Twin Cities area in MN and both had LotR on the shelf. In both cases it was on the end of an aisle, not in the toy section.
    Did you happen to notice the prices? I've seen the Batwing set in store for $29.99, which is $5 lower than MSRP.
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    edited June 2012
    At my BN, the LotR sets in-store were regular MSRP. The batwing is also $29.99 here.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I finally visited a B&N last night. Found all sets to be MSRP, except Weathertop was $49.99 (instead of $59.99 MSRP). Took a 20% off coupon, plus 10% off member discount.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 683
    Anyone else get the run-around from B&N?...or should I say..everyone!? I joined about a month ago to order some of the LOTR Weathertop. Everything seemed fine until I tried to check out. The system didn't recognize my password or ID number and I received my 30% coupon in email that expired 2/6/2012!! So I called today, the only thing they suggested I do was make sure I "sign in" when placing an order, that everything was fine with my account. Oh...and the 30% coupon had expired (no kidding!) and to keep checking my email because they send out random coupons to people! Somehow I feel like I just got ripped off...thank god I haven't spent any money with them!
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,138
    ^Sorry to hear that. I have placed 4 orders with them over the past month (each with a coupon code) and had no issues. I've been a member for a few years though so I have no idea if issues are occurring only for newly created accounts?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @scotty12 what was the title or name of the 30% coupon? Was it the "Your first online purchase" coupon? If so, it's actually a good thing you didn't use it and let it expire. Reason is that they will send it to you again next month or so and will be a higher percent off, like 50%. If you ignore that one too, the following ones will go up higher until something like 75% or 80% off. Worked this way for myself and another member commented it worked just like that for him too, months later. But don't give up on B&N, the coupons and discount will add up if you can get them to work. Best of luck!
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 683
    Yes, this was my first online purchase coupon...I'm guessing....it was a "Welcome to B&N"....."Here's a Limited Time offer of 30%off any one kids book or toy" Expires 2/6/2012!
    Hopefully, I'll get another chance sometime soon! Thanks for the heads up!!
  • sturner26sturner26 Member Posts: 19
    No so sure about the "increasing percentage" coupon situation. I signed up a while ago, hoping to eventually get a 70-80% off coupon (for Helm's Deep), but never got anything more after the 30% expired.

On another note, I recently purchased Weathertop in store and it rang up as 59.99, I explained that the website and price tag said 49.99 and they honored the price, but I think they have caught the error and are working to fix it.