Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Elsewhere] Jabba's Palace €99 Skiff €22 Malevolence €133

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,690
    edited June 2012
    Jabba's Palace is the standout bargain - €99 vs. £120 = 35% discount, and even worth going for when you factor in shipping.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,090
    You can count on a 3 for 2 at Argos soon.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    Well, Jabbas Palace is on the way - tracking number and everything, still waiting on the skiff which is out of stock, but given it is everywhere now i expect it will be soon. Glad i went for this as with shipping for both on the euro it came out at £104, that is almost £50 (including shipping) cheaper than [email protected], so thanks @Johnnyfinlandia for the heads up.
    monkeyroo: I find it odd that you're getting your palace, but out of stock on the skiff - complete opposite for me. Skiff sending soon and no word on the palace. I think I ordered before you too. Seems to be a complete lottery what's in stock for recent buyers.
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 225
    @Monkey_roo and @Monkeyhanger... Very curious, as I ordered the Palace and the Skiff on May 29th and they have BOTH been shipped today. A lottery indeed.
    ^ yes, seems very random, but it is Amazon so I am sure they will come good quickly enough.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,365
    my palace and skiffs have shipped today as well
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    Well, Jabbas Palace is on the way - tracking number and everything, still waiting on the skiff which is out of stock, but given it is everywhere now i expect it will be soon. Glad i went for this as with shipping for both on the euro it came out at £104, that is almost £50 (including shipping) cheaper than [email protected], so thanks @Johnnyfinlandia for the heads up.
    Cool .. no mention of mine but maybe different route to Finland....

Glad you & everyone got some orders in as I couldn't wait to get this set with all the Minifigs - just "awesome" as they say. :D Look like a nice build and shame I don't have any more bricks of the same colour as I could have built a Rancor pit and that would have been cool. Maybe if they have some on the wall in Cardiff store, I will fill up my son's plastic bucket, but they seem to have bright or normal colour bricks there.

I should have ordered the Gungan Sub too as the Queen figure is cool and maybe only available in that set! I will wait for some discount from [email protected] or Cardiff store when I am in the UK :)

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Mine all arrived this morning. 3 of the new Star Wars Lego sets at roughly 30% off. Happy!
    I think Amazon must have sold their first shipment from Lego very quickly and i'll have to wait a while for them to get another order in from Lego before my Jabbas palace is sent.
    Ordered on the 28th and still waiting. I did see the Skiff in a local Supermarket here in Finland (K-Citymarket) at €31 (paid €23 from this deal plus postage).

It looked nice - small set but very good figures as I haven't got any before :) Can't wait for this to arrive from Spain (or at least some Logistics hub in Europe) with the Palace .. it says DHL and marked 6 June.
    Still waiting for my Amazon package, but I did get to see both Palace and Skiff in real life today. Palace is underwhelming; smaller than expected. But the skiff is, strangely enough, bigger than it looks on the box art. I was very surprised and impressed by the way it turned out. An interesting build too.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    I bought the new spaceships that were still in stock and ordered two Jabba palaces.. I wonder, what if they increase the prices once the new shipment comes in? I should still pay the old price right?
    (...) I wonder, what if they increase the prices once the new shipment comes in? I should still pay the old price right?
    No, Amazon will grant you the price at the moment you made the order, if that is the lower price (actually, all shops are pretty much obliged to do so unless they made a gross, obvious pricing mistake). However, if for example, you up your order of Jabba's Palaces after prices have been increased, they will charge you the new, higher price for those extra units.

For stuff that you pre-ordered at a certain price, but which turned out to be cheaper at the moment of shipping, Amazon will actually refund you the difference in your favor.
    ^ thanks.. so I can sit and relax then. It's very strange that as soon as they released these new sets they provided such a big discount. Amazon.it is just discounting them by a few euros.. They shipped my Gungan Sub/Republic Fighter/Sith Fury today :)
    Waiting on the Jabba Palace(s) and Desert Skiff(s) now..
    My Jabba's palace is supposed to be shipping today (Amazon.es's own estimate email), did anyone else get theirs sent on the day they said they were planning to send it? Might have it for the weekend if they do.
    Mine says "Staufenberg
    Escaneado de salida - 5 de junio de 2012 16:41:59" .. so not here but on it's way :)
    Mine has shipped. Shouldn't be long. Despite it being sold through Amazon.es, it has originated from Milton Keynes UK (just like my 10212 IS did), via shitty-link, who battered the hell out of my shuttle's box last time - admittedly the Amazon.it box was extremely flimsy for its contents. Don't know whether to feel cheated paying foreign euro-wide postage and it's being posted from within the UK.
    Champion, just tracked it - it's coming tomorrow, it's already at the Newcastle depot.
    johnnyfinlandia: did yours originate in Milton Keynes, UK - or somewhere else like Netherlands?
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,365
    Palace & skiffs arrived today, ordered 29 May so not bad considering weekend and 2 bank holidays inbetween. Boxes excellent.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    My Palace also arrived today, however, had it shipped to work and not there until tomorrow, so will have to wait until tomorrow pm to take a look.

I think I also ordered on 29th, as usual with Amazon they've come up with the goods again...
    well, Palace arrived in perfect condition, speedy enough delivery. Shipping date of 11th for the skiff, bit of a wait, but the service seems to work well and the discount makes it worth the wait :)
    johnnyfinlandia: did yours originate in Milton Keynes, UK - or somewhere else like Netherlands?
    Don't know .. only said Staufenberg .. :)

I notice we are starting to see the figures from the grey market appear on ebay. A couple of parted out Jabba's Palaces and the like. It's almost tempting for me to put my Queen Amidala on, as it appears to be valued at around 80% of what I paid for the set! It will be very interesting to see what these figures settle down to on bricklink. I do think Queen Amidala and Leia Boushh will be at least £20, possibly Oola too.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    ^ on one of the first auctions on ebay.de i saw Queen Amidala going for 50€!!! Craaazy!
    There's one seller parting out a Jabba's Palace to the tune of £300 (assuming it all sells) on ebay UK. £80 for the palace with no figs, £65 for Jabba alone....good luck with that!
    edited June 2012
    There's one seller parting out a Jabba's Palace to the tune of £300 (assuming it all sells) on ebay UK. £80 for the palace with no figs, £65 for Jabba alone....good luck with that!
    Well he can try and maybe there are fewer around at the moment. £80 for Palace is expensive but if they sell out quickly then it has quite a few pieces.

I just want mine (still not delivered) so my son and I can build it :) Figures just look cool :D

edited June 2012
    ^ on one of the first auctions on ebay.de i saw Queen Amidala going for 50€!!! Craaazy!
    But the only set with her in (so far) is the Gungan Sub .. I think I will have to buy the set to get her and the other figs ..
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,690
    Shipping on Jabba's Palace is still pending for me; ordered on 1st June. Anyone else still waiting ?
    I received today the three new ships (Gungan Sub, Sith Fury and Republic Striker) that I ordered the 3rd. The Jabba Palace and Desert Skiff are still pending.
    @avengerdr, that's the same three I got, and a very nice deal it is too. Wow, £300 parted out value! Dont think he will get anywhere near that for palace or jabba, but I think some of the figures are ok priced. £26 or offer for leia boushh. If he accepted £20 I think that's a fair price for a seller to make a profit on a new and very desirable figure?
    £300? Is that the going price on eBay or just the seller's hope? Since on BL those sets haven't been inventoried yet I thought that Jabba Palace and Desert Skiff had the best chance to pay for themselves due to the high number of minifigures compared to bricks.

The ships have interesting figures.. I don't know who the proto-Darth Vader guy is (in the Sith set), I guess he must be some kind of popular character in SWTOR. But I felt that Leia, Jabba, Lando (!) have a broader appeal..

Shouldn't Luke have a black hand? I forgot whether he was wearing the glove or not in that scene.. :D
    Avenger: hope only I think. They've been on sale a few days now and nothing sold. I could see Boushh Leia being very popular for someone who doesn't want the set, but I think you'd want the set - those Palace and Skiff figs aren't associated with any other scenes in OT, and if you're a completist minifig collector it makes sense to buy the set and ditch the palace bricks. It's a pity you can't easily get a secong Gammorean Guard.
    The mystery continues: inside my amazon.es box I found amazon.fr vouchers...
    Must admit when my palace arrived it was in an amazon.fr box with all the french stuff inside it - I guess Amazon has a central dispatch centre and they keep costs down from shipping from the closest warehouse?
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
    Cool! Only just realised that they are actually printing "The Old Republic" on certain boxes now! Guess this could mean a whole host of Star Wars characters I've never seen before. Exciting!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,591
    I must have just missed the stock.
    It was supposedly in stock when I ordered on the 3rd June, but my last email said it was on back order with a delivery date in December. :( :( :(
    @Venunder where did you read the estimated date? My amazon.es page just say "Pendiente de envío" for the Jabba palace
    edited June 2012
    @Venunder, are you sure that you aren't mistaking the date? In Europe, 12.06.2012 is usually read as June 12th, while that date in the US would be read as December 6th. An estimated delivery date in December just seems very far away!
    Venunder: might be a web glitch. When surfing at work we have an ancient version of internet explorer as the browser. I had an anticipated shipping date of February! Back at home no such erroneous date. Or perhaps Google Translate makibg a mistake?
  • morbiczermorbiczer Member Posts: 50
    Venunder: might be a web glitch. When surfing at work we have an ancient version of internet explorer as the browser. I had an anticipated shipping date of February! Back at home no such erroneous date. Or perhaps Google Translate makibg a mistake?
    I have heard before that Google Translate mistranslates dates: 2 June becomes 6 February, for example.

• VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,591
    Oh yes! Euro date is reversed, so shipping could be 12 June 12 :) :) :)
    Thanks for the info about google translation.

I hope that is what happened, but I will not be too unhappy if Amazon.es do not send it. I can always buy it in a sale next year......
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Or perhaps Google Translate making a mistake?
    No! Surely not!?!
    I will never ever forgive Google Translate for providing a translation of a Swedish term that wasn't in my dictionary as "Bill Gates"....
    edited June 2012
    Waheyyyy. Got my 2 JP and Skiffs this morning. In Perfect condition and not at all bashed. Very impressed with the service although I couldn't follow the tracking. Now I have to ease my wife into telling her I have a late B'day pressie :) I have the great excuse that my 7yr old son is into Lego :) Will keep a 2nd Gamorian Guard and split the rest of the JP to fund some of the first one! It is a massive set though - can't wait until the work day finishes :D From the skiff .. I have never had a Boba before so well chuffed.
    Johnnyfinlandia: I got 2 palaces too for my own use. I'm trying to make a bigger one from 2 sets (If I can make the main dome even bigger via similar technique to that used to extend the DS laser dish - with lots of pivot points and wing pieces), keep a Gamorrean Guard and sell the other figs. Ebay.co.uk was quite competitive on the figs, but i've got rid of a Boushh, Bib and Oola for the grand total of £42 so far. Looking to get about £30 for Jabba and Salacious crumb together, £13 for han with carbonite tray, £5 for Chewie (he's common), £6 for the monk. If I can do all that then the second palace is for nowt. I maybe could have got £20 each for Bib, Oola and Boushh eventually, but thought £14 now is better than maybe £20 eventually and if others join the party in the meantime, the going rate may drop further. Wish i'd ordered more than one Skiff.

Not much interest in the Palaces whole, people are trying to sell them for £150-180, so I thought someone would snatch one straight up at £120 (which is UK RRP). I had one taker through normal auction getting up to £110 (my reserve price), and another got me on a best offer for £114. There doesn't seem to be much love for this set. I've sold everything at what I consider to be a reasonable price, had lots of "watchers" and very few takers. As it currently stands, between the 4 palaces, 2 are paid for, one I bought myself and I have almost enough margin to pay for my second after all ebay charges.
    Excellent. That is a good idea. I was more on the lines if I part out and sell for slightly more it would pay for 'some' of the first set as I am not used to buying expensive sets. But to have a second palace for free might be nice especially all the same colour bricks as you say. I would have thought the Boush and Jabba would be higher but as you say maybe better to sell now while interest is high and JP is relatively rare.

Going to watch the Eng game today (yep all games shown in Finland live in HD) whilst making the Palace with my son .. cannot wait. The figures look excellent though and have not opened ... yet :D
    Johnnyfinlandia: As it looks right now, the dimensions of Jabba's main chamber are untouched apart from an extra pair of grilled floor pieces, but instead of going straight into the tower on the right, it goes into a room with 2 archways that then lead into the tower. It's about 50% wider and 30% deeper. I've doubled up on the tower, hinging the second complete tower half to the first so it opens outwards. The back has gained a small arch, so I was going to pickabrick some jailbars and have the Chewie holding area there. Jabba's palace has a third small cylinder/dome, which would lie between the main room and the tower on the front, so I may add that in also (it sits a little lower than the main palace). I will see if I can raise the roof (if I have enough tan/brown bricks) by 1 block height on the main building and add another block depth to the floor thickness so you really can get something into the trap doors and/or under the grilles.

I'm surprised at the lack of interest in the figs at the low prices I have posted for on ebay, those selling for twice as much would seem to have no chance.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    cheshirecat: nope, i'm "matthewaisbitt" on ebay.