Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Again a day of bagging up and organising, making space in my office and sorting out loose bricks on color etc.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    I am in dark green 1 x 3 tile heaven.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ I must say that my version of heaven would not be tiled in dark green :)

Having an evening which combines viking chess, cracking open london escape, and building the old scary studios sets. Interesting!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^You didn't say what it would be for you though @Si, a infinite amount of white 1x1's?. My version of heaven would be tiled in tan 1x6 with wood pattern:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=6636px1&colorID=2&in=A

Took a break for a couple days to entertain a guest, but back to building today. The infamous Green Grocer is next on plate =)
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,521
    Today I am Wishing I had unlimited resources to buy all the new sets that are available..... :) :) :)
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    edited June 2012
    Picked up the SW Minifig Dictionary (the one with the Han Solo with Medal minifig in cover) for $11 (MSRP $19) at Ocean State Job Effort. And the Lego Ideas book for $15 (MSRP $25).
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Sorting pieces for 6353-1 out of about 30lbs of bulk. Everything present, save two stickers. Next up 6264-1 hope it's complete.
    @Brickdancer .. Heaven for me would be building the greengrocer for the first time, you have a treat in store indeed!

About to take the portal of atlantis to my sister. I told her I'd picked her up a set for her for £3.50, but I dont think she'll be expecting one quite so big!
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,938
    Sorted and bagged individual piece types from 15 trucks taken from the Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape sets I parted out. Now to see how many can be used for my UCS MF BL project.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,417
    Started Fire Brigade last night. The wife is getting the Vampyre Castle for her birthday today but she'll wait until closer to Halloween to build it. My father's next door neighbor is fron Germany and has relatives coming to visit this week. They are gonna try and pick up MF Zombies for me.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,024
    Managed to get hold of Kings Castle at a local toy shop in Winnenden. Reduced from €99.99 to €69.99. Box is not in perfect condition, but never mind.
    I've been after the set for a while - glad I've finally got it :-)

Next up: Grand Emporium?
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    is still trying to decide whether to build my tow truck, or part it out to use for MOC's, etc....
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    No brick separator in my UCS R2 either. I was wondering about that. Not a huge deal, as I have others.

I finished up the legs on mine last night. I would have been done with the whole set, except I had a stupid misread of the instructions when attaching the first leg. Put a red technic pin in a spot it should not have gone and getting it out required deconstructing half of the body. Managed to get it all back together with little trouble, but I was very annoyed for about an hour.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,938
    Got a second X-Wing from Smyths to go with my second Tie to hang from the ceiling. Built it just now. Need to find my ceiking hooks now and get the car washed.
    @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK you might be right. Only finished up to Step 33 of first book and have half of the first floor done, took much longer than expected to get that far. Can already tell this is much more challenging than Cafe Corner, they stepped up the quality of build techniques by a good deal between the two sets.

Portal of Atlantis was a great buy in terms of parts and pence/per pieces. Great way to entice her for less than 4 quid, making her believe Lego may actually be that cheap. What a sly fox!
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Stayed up til 230 finishing Green Grocer last night. Great build! Town Hall looks uninspiring, but I know ill get it anyways.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,260
    Still working on inventorying used parts. Up to almost 16k parts now. Still have a bit to go. Worst ones are coming up soon. All the wheels and specialty parts.
    Congrats on pulling overtime to cross the finish line @dimefield! What did you think of the build?

Currently 50% done with GG and feels like its going really slow compared to the other modulars. Not sure if I'm imagining it.
    Awaiting my BL order to finish off my Library MOC ...
    Currently 50% done with GG and feels like its going really slow compared to the other modulars. Not sure if I'm imagining it.
    How long so far? Typically, something like GG takes me 5-6 hrs to complete (the FS took 4½ hr).

I'm already around 3.5 hours of building. This is after having all the parts sorted by type and color in a tidy way to enable easy gathering of pieces. This is the last of the Modulars for me, so in retrospect the others felt faster. Even Townhall with more pieces felt quicker to finish. I think the reason might be perception from lack of repetition in GG's build.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    Happy just admiring the boxes of a new BP and QAR.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Extremely annoyed at the person who backdoored me for a rare set on ebay.
    ^ What exactly is "backdooring" on ebay? I know the other reference to it. I had someone send me a message on something I had up asking me to lower the price. I was the only one in the US and 1 of 2 on ebay at all with it available. Auction ended and I put it in my bricklink store instead and sold it in 2 days.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    ^ I have always understood it as the following:

When somebody emails a seller after an item hard ended offering more money.

I had paid for the item in question and she sent a refund and some stupid excuse after a few emails I worked out what had happened straight away. I left her negative feedback straight away. People like this should not be allowed on ebay.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    PAB order for CC finally shipped and just waiting on two more packages from BL sellers. Just finished checking my largest order of parts in this morning, which required going in to a second bin to hold stuff.

Sadly, I leave for vacation later this week, so I'll have to wait until later this month to wrap up this project. Already eyeing GG sets on ebay...modular addiction has set in. :)
    FollowsClosely
    ^^ I see. That definitely deserves bad feedback.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    @Brickdancer I built GG in stages. Had the first level done a week before i got all my sand green pieces so a time is hard to figure out. I enjoyed the build itself immensely though! Every modular has its moments for techniques. Ill also add that my bricklinking skills need improving. Had to substitute a few pieces that i missed ordering somehow. Ordered the parts and will rebuild when i get them all. Love the fire escape!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    Back to work after a fun Legoey couple of days. Monday spent playing with my nephews (my Death Star and the Hulk were a big hit with the almost 8 year old, the 3 year old loved Fire Brigade) and a birthday trip (mine) to Legoland with them yesterday :-)
    Still, at least I've got a few Lego presents to build when I get home :-D
  • brickstoriesbrickstories Member Posts: 36
    Having to return to the lego store in cardiff to get the missing pieces for my two royal guard pick a brick figures purchaed yesterday. Not impressed at missing bricks. Was going to pick up cap america set yesterday too but the two they had looked liked they had been run over by a truck. Picked up Big Ben instead.............
    Spending the day in Munich. Gonna eat and then visit the Lego Store :-)
    Clocked in another 1.25 hours and got to finishing second floor of GG. @Dimefield got to the fire escape and know what you mean now! Fully agree, nice little build and use of a harpoon lol.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,324
    Just completed my LotR minifigure collection thanks to @dougts! Also added to it with a custom witch king minifigure
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/400302004001?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1663wt_814
    (@y2josh, this is what I was referring too about a week ago)
    Finally got round to listing my inventory on Bricklink. It's just gone from about 10 sets to about 100 in a day. I've joined @SavageSteel as the UK cheapo seller a lot of the time it seems :o)

Hope I sell some as I need the cash and space!
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    My status is I have just built 6868 Hulk Helicarrier breakout with my 6 year old daughter. Great set actually, some fab pieces.

I would love to use bricklink to store my inventory of pieces, but I think you need to list as a seller?
    ^ Just list as a seller and put a password on your store.. Or mark everything you add to your inventory as "storeroom".
    Wish I had the patience to sell pieces on bricklink.

What we need is a machine you can just pour the bricks into, and it automatically lists them on bricklink. Now THAT needs inventing!
    I reckon this chap is but a step away!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lZ9rSZwDzE
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    ^^ ok thanks might try that. Didn't want to be erroneously classed as a business!
  • fitzyfitzfitzyfitz ManchesterMember Posts: 94
    I received some extra John Lewis vouchers at work today, I now have £80. Earth Defense HQ looks tempting.
    @fitzyfitz I saw HQ at JL today for something like £54.
    Yes -it's cheaper through Argos clearance on ebay at the moment, but those shiny, shiny vouchers are calling me to get some 'free' LEGO. The thing is, I'm meant to be being ultra-selective to conserve space, but I just keep seeing more and more sets that I want. Curse you, Brickset...
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,521
    I finally gave in and bought the Millennium Falcon from Amazon. Having just built the model I am content that it was money well spent. :) :) :)
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Just finished off the Camel! Hubby did most of the building and I finished it off when his hands didn't want to cooperate. Still have to build Olivia's treehouse, if I can put down my reading material long enough to get it done.
    @fitzyfitz Just received my HQ from Argos Clearance, box badly beaten up and torn, tabs had been opened but all bags in there thank goodness.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    What's your BL store @Si?
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
    I opened a Darth Maul poly today, as a treat to myself.
    Enjoyed yesterday's visit to my "local" Lego Store in Munich (2.5 hours away by car).
    Ended up buying Vampyre Castle - looking forward to building it.

Anyone know if there are plans for a Store in Stuttgart? That would be so cool! Not sure that Mrs Legopants would share my opinion though :-S
    @caperberry Nipped into JL at lunchtime to eyeball EDHQ. I've been good - I've offered to get the other half a Kindle instead - still really tempted though, I have some inspiration for a great MOC