Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Slave 1 Mech Challenge...

mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
edited June 2012 in Everything else LEGO
I came up with a challenge to build a Mecha solely out of parts from the new Slave1 set. Took me a few hours and i'll work on it a little more tomorrow since there are about 50 pieces left over.

Anyone else up to the challenge? Maybe build a mech out of only parts from a different set if you don't have Slave1 or don't want to take yours out of the box? ;). Be cool to see a mech from one of the dino sets...

Comments

• mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Now I think I should have titled this this as "Slave 1" alternate build...

I really like the alternate build concept. For building a totally different model out of the same sets' pieces.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    I'm an alternate build fan but i'll have to get another Slave 1... The first is staying built :-)
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 73
    Coincidentally, the predecessor to 8097 (6209) had a mech as one of the alternative models on the back of the box. A few people have made the model, such as one right here: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/24408
    But it's always more fun to make an original model on your own. :-)
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Wow, thanks for the info! Even though Boba Fett was always my favorite SW character, Slave 1 never appealed to me much, so i never looked at those sets much. I only bought this one because it was clearance for 40 at walmart. The Slave 1 parts just scream mech build i guess. That one looks a lot more stable than mine. The cockpit canopy is gonna make 'em all look a little similar to the Battletech MadCat though. The Alien Conquest theme has a mini-walker, but i'd like to make a full size Mech for them too.