Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What ships, characters, or scenes from Star Wars would you like to see in LEGO ?

Comments

• JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    Hi
    First post on this forum. I couldn't resist adding to this thread. But i would love to see a scaled Outrider with Dash Rendar mini figure to go alongside the Falcon, bit of a long shot i susspect. (If anyone is interested i will be loading up my design for an Outrider using the LDD to the lego site in the next few days under the user name monkey_roo).
    The shout for the Royal Naboo Starship is good and a few more creatures would be nice, the Rancor is well mentioned, maybe the Gungan Famba as part of a battle pack.
    A nice landing pad playset that could attach to the 2009 Endor Bunker would be good as well, really help fill out that scene.
    Ohh
    Just realised i can embed an image here so here goes, one LDD Outrider, version 1.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,714
    edited May 2011
    I would love to see the full war in star wars episode 1 between the people where yaryar binks is from and the other ones ... lol I cant think of the names at 6am in the morning ...

(been up since 3am)
    You mean The Battle of Naboo (7929)?
    An Ewok village scene would be great. The main characters around the fire, a few Ewoks playing stormtrooper helmets as drums and maybe the three 'ghost' Jedi figures watching.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    edited February 2012
    Hi there,
    does anyone know if there are any plans for the Mon Calamari Cruiser or Nebula-B Frigate? Especially the Mon Calamari.. Those two sets have never been made..

Also, regarding the Super Star Destroyer... Does anyone know if there is going to be any price drop soon?
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    I see Target has the SSD now. Sometimes Target has decent promo codes available (only $5 off right now), plus if you have a Discover Card (10% back on Target via ShopDiscover) or a RedCard (5% back and freeship), it can sweeten the deal somewhat.

Overall I'm not sure if [email protected] will lower the price of the SSD. Doesn't seem very appealing to me, I'd rather get the DeathStar.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    Lego is long overdue for doing a MC80 cruiser... A Nebulon-B frigate would also be welcome.

I doubt we will see either any time soon...

The SSD is unlikely to be at much of a discount. 10% perhaps, but that is it.
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    Nebulon-B would be a great next entry for the Midi Scale sub-theme, if it's continuing.
    Are there midi-scale ships other than ISD and Falcon? I don't recall any others.

Would be great to see all the ships like that, from X-Wing to MC90...
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 1,996
    Personally, I think the MC-80 has a better chance than the Nebulon-B of EVER seeing the light of day, though they'd probably go with the more familiar Home One class rather than the Liberty class, which I personally think would be a more interesting build. Even then, I think it would exclusively be a UCS model, as I don't really think it has the broad appeal of a lot of the more iconic ships.
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    If they brought out a mon cal cruiser or nebulon b I'd be on it like a tramp on chips. I'd also like to see a UCS venator class cruiser. Just don't want them to all be brought out simultaneously or my bank account will take a real beating!
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Has anyone seen the LOTR warrior helmets? Those would be perfect in a Star Wars Mandalorian set. Those were the same type of helmets on the Mandalorian police.
    If we're getting ten more years of Star Wars, I want to see a lot more EU sets... and we may as well kick it off right with some nice 20th anniversary Heir to the Empire models.
    We need a Grand Admiral Thrawn minifig!!!
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    @LegoFanTexas,

where on earth are 4-Lom & Zuckuss!!

rich
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    ^, ^^ and ^^^ You're all speaking a language I don't understand :)
    @LostInTranslation - Grand Admiral Thrawn is, arguably, the most interesting villain in the SW canon, and certainly a fan favorite from the EU. Mara Jade is Luke Skywalker's Jedi wife, and 4-LOM and Zuckuss and are the two remaining bounty hunters from the bridge of the Executor that need to be made in minifigure form. All four would be amazing minfigs.
    ^ EU is the extended universe, it covers what happened after RotJ. There are various books which talk about the war going on against the remnant of the Empire (and Thrawn is the admiral in charge). Mara Jade is a Sith assassin sent to kill Luke who eventually falls in love with him.. Then they have children, etc. etc.

I've never read the books, I just know them from osmosis I guess. But they are non-canon, so if Lucas ever decides to do an Episode VII all of the stuff in the books could never have happened.
  • rasmustalirasmustali Member Posts: 85
    If you dont like reading like me, then I would recommend listening audio versions of Thrawn trilogy, and there are also comic books for it, so from time to time you can check few pages to get some visual entertainment as well.
    @AvengerDr - The EU actually is canon... at least until George Lucas decided he wants to contradict it. Though Lucas himself has mentioned that he will always tell the stories he wants to tell, regardless of what the EU has already established, there are actually entire teams within Lucasfilm dedicated solely to preserving continuity between the films, books, comics and even video games.

On topic... there are tons of great characters in the Thrawn trilogy to make minifigs out of. There's the aforementioned Mara Jade and Thrawn... as well as other central figures like Talon Karrde, Rukh and Joruus C'baoth (not to be ocnfused with Jorus C'baoth...) as well as a Jedi Leia. And who wouldn't love to build the Lady Luck or the Wild Karrde?
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    The opening titles, as a huge monolithic slab that gets smaller towards the top.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,431
    ^^ I'd love to see the Thrawn trilogy in movie form. Timothy Zahn is an excellent writer and I find myself enjoying his SW books more than the rest... and I have read over 70 SW books.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 690
    A UCS version of the Nebulon-B frigate ("medical frigate") would be an amazing sight! On the minifig scale, a Skipray Blastboat (heavy fighter introduced in Heir To The Empire) would be a nice counterpoint to all those X-wings...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    @Si, thats a great idea!! Very innovative.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    :)
    Well, its about the only thing they havent done isnt it?
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    A minifig scale Death Star.
    ^Good luck with that.
    Heck, I'd settle for a mini-fig scale Star Destroyer! :)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    I wish more people would find the Zahn books. They are just so very well done. With 10 more years, I have to imagine they're on the table for LEGO sets.
    If they made sets off of the Thrawn trilogy, I would break my "buy only OT sets" rule in a heartbeat.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    The Zahn books, in many ways, were what brought Star Wars back. Prior to that, the franchise was essentially on life support, having no notable widespread new material from the end of Jedi (1983) through 1991. Zahn's books, starting in that year, really kick started the entire Expanded Universe era of the 1990s and beyond. Sadly, Lucas soon granted a license to every third rate sci fi writer out there, and a truly astonding number of terrible pulp fiction ensued. But the Thrawn trilogy was top notch writing by a top notch writer given top notch resources from the publisher. And Lucas granted Zahn an incredible amount of freedom to create that series.

I remember getting all 3 books on the first day I could, and after being SW-starved for nearly a decade, couldn't get enough of them.

Honestly, anyone who hasn't read these really should. Thrawn and Jade and many of the other characters really are exceptional creations. In fact, I might have to dust off the old hardbacks myself...
    I second the Zahn books, 1st class material...

Anther good series, for different reasons, is the X-Wing series... Not as good writing, but very interesting to follow Rogue Squadron and learn more about Wedge and his team. Fills in a lot of gaps as well.

But you're right, at some point the quality dropped off, I stopped reading about 10 years ago because of that, it just was painful.

Zahn did do another 2 books, which were nice as well. Not as good as the original IMHO, but still better than most of the direct to paperback books coming out at the time.
    BTW, this is one problem Potter has... without new material, it falls away over time. May still make a comeback the way LOTRs has with new generations, but some of that has to do with the movies and stage adaptations over time, rather than the original books. Does anyone here really think that we'd have LOTR coming this summer to Lego if it were not for the new movies?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    ^ not a chance, and this is exactly what I've been saying about Potter for awhile now. Even the biggest marketing franchise of all time, Star Wars, was on life support as a toy franchise by the mid '90s. Only the rampup of the prequel series, then Clone Wars, etc. brought it back. Potter is destined to go the way of LOTR or Star Trek without a similar pop culture mass media resurgence. Die Hard fans alone can't move the needle.
    In addition to the Zahn books, I actually also really enjoyed the Black Fleet Crisis books and the Corellian Trilogy. The Corellian Trilogy in particular, though not necessarily populated with material for great minifigs, could produce quite a few awesome 'location' sets.
    Ahh yes, bringing back memories...

Black Fleet Crisis and Corellian Trilogy... Hmm...

However, those might be to obscure for Lego to make stuff from, not enough people know them...

TIE Defender, which was really only in the TIE Fighter series games, didn't do very well, based on what I'm seeing in the market. Probably a try to see how far they could expand, but how many kids have ever heard of a TIE Fighter? Heck, how many know the difference between a TIE Fighter and a TIE Interceptor?
    ^That's an interesting question insofar as this generation of kids recognizing the different variety of TIEs. I know when I was a kid I could easily distinguish between the four varieties of TIEs in the films... and I could also tell you the four styles of one-man starfighters for the Rebellion (I actually wonder if it's the B-Wing or the TIE Interceptor that's more obscure... as neither really has a 'highlight' scene in the films).

More on topic... I stand by my desire to see locations and ships from the three EU trilogies I mentioned. I think the Corellian Trilogy and the Black Fleet Crisis are only slightly more obscure than the Zahn trilogy. I think most people who read the Zahn books probably read these, as they all came out when the books were mostly still good with anomalous sprinklings of wretch (as opposed to now, where I feel the reverse is true).

As for the TIE Defender... if this was a test to gauge the EU's capacity to shift units... it was a horrible choice. Not only is it a relatively dumb looking ship (similar to the ridiculous TIE Crawler), but the Defender is best known from a near decades old PC game, which, although popular, is still a PC game from '94 and has nowhere near the reach a console game would have. In that regard, I'd be more interested in knowing how the Rogue Shadow sold. It's performing fairly well in the aftermarket, but I didn't really pay attention to it when it was initially released. Regardless, I think that would be a better litmus test for determining how well more popular EU sets would perform.
    Is the stuff about the emperor migrating into new clone bodies from Zahn or other authors? That seemed to me a bit silly. As if the "nooooooo" added to DV at the end of RotJ was not enough.. The emperor should stay dead!

I liked the Tie Defender.. my gf gave it to me as a birthday present and that made me emerge from the Dark Ages! I fondly remember the ship because of the game, it was the best TIE ship :D
    Is the stuff about the emperor migrating into new clone bodies from Zahn or other authors? That seemed to me a bit silly. As if the "nooooooo" added to DV at the end of RotJ was not enough.. The emperor should stay dead!
    IIRC, there was a Dark Horse comic series ("Dark Empire" and "Empire's End") that took place between the Zahn books and the Jedi Academy storyline that had the Emperor reborn in a series of clones. Typical over-the-top comic book storyline that nonetheless included the TIE Crawler tank (set 7664), E-Wing fighter, I-7 Howlrunner starfighter, TIE drone fighter (found in set 10131, but the comic version is much smaller), and a bunch of other neat vehicles that are mentioned sporadically throughout the EU. You don't really need to read the comic, though, since Kevin Anderson spent half the pages in Jedi Academy explaining what happened in the comic storyline...And the Emperor was finally put away for good in the end...

(I have MOC instructions for an E-Wing fighter, but I'd love to see this one as an officially-licensed set! Its sleek design is a logical continuation of the X-Wing style of single-seat interceptors.)

Also, I'll give my own shout-out to the X-Wing novels and the Black Fleet Crisis books. Aside from the Zahn trilogy, these are my favorite SW books, the writing is engaging and the stories move right along with good pace and energy.
    how many kids have ever heard of a TIE Fighter? Heck, how many know the difference between a TIE Fighter and a TIE Interceptor?
    It's up to us, the original SW fans, to pass along this cultural knowledge to the next generation! What kind of fan am I, if my daughter can't tell the difference between a TIE Fighter and a TIE Interceptor...having LEGO sets around the house to illustrate the difference will be a big help of course.

I think if we are shouting out for a stronger EU influence then for me the two Dark Horse lines that offer up a wealth of new characters, ships, planets etc. are Knights of the Old Republic - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_(comics)
    And Legacy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Legacy
    Sadly both are now finished but great stuff, especially Legacy which builds firmly on the Clone Wars and OT - Lego would even get to do a 'ghost' Luke figure.
  • AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    I'm loving the Ewok Village ideas - especially the 'ghost' Jedi and the Ewok on Stormtrooper drums. Also, the cantina is a must have. I NEEEEED some cloud city stuff, as Lando's outfit in that is iconic IMO.

I'm not doing any prequel stuff any more, but it would be great to at least see a Kaminoan Clone Army set - with a Kaminoan and a few clones - maybe a little army builder pack would suffice ?
    I'd also love to see a Rancor add on to the new Jabba's palace.
    Has an EP2 arena been done as a play set? That strikes me as a good choice for a set, kids can play out various parts of that and it was a major part of the movie.

Of course, if I did it in UCS trim, it would have 10K+ bricks, because you need:

Three columns with mini-figs
    Three animals - in detail of course
    A dozen or more of the Geonosian flyers and guys on those mounted things...
    6 Droidikas (for when they roll in after the animals fail)
    About 100 battle droids for the main fight, along with 20 Jedi (I'd do more, but lets be reasonable here)
    Three mini-Republic Gunships for the landing, complete with all the main Jedi, Yoda, Mace, etc...
    And of course the arena itself, that would be 5,000 bricks alone. ;)

Never happen in a million years, but how much fun would that be?
    They did the arena scene in the same vein as the Battle of Naboo... which is to say... on way too small a scale.
    ^ Fair enough... I like my idea better! I'd buy it, and perhaps a few others would, but I get that it is too far outside of "normal"...

What Lego might do is a UCS Federation Battleship, that was used enough in the movies I think, EP1 for sure...

Even more in demand would be a UCS AT-AT...
    Has an EP2 arena been done as a play set? That strikes me as a good choice for a set, kids can play out various parts of that and it was a major part of the movie.

Of course, if I did it in UCS trim, it would have 10K+ bricks, because you need:

Three columns with mini-figs
    Three animals - in detail of course
    A dozen or more of the Geonosian flyers and guys on those mounted things...
    6 Droidikas (for when they roll in after the animals fail)
    About 100 battle droids for the main fight, along with 20 Jedi (I'd do more, but lets be reasonable here)
    Three mini-Republic Gunships for the landing, complete with all the main Jedi, Yoda, Mace, etc...
    And of course the arena itself, that would be 5,000 bricks alone. ;)

Never happen in a million years, but how much fun would that be?
    At the Star Wars Celebration in Indianapolis (2002, prior to AOTC release), there was a "master builder" diorama of the Geonosian Arena very similar to what you describe. It was indeed a breathtaking multi-level display, and the use of ~250 multi-color Battle Droids as Geonosian stand-ins was OK, because no one had seen the movie yet...
    edited February 2012
    Geonosis Arena - Lego

There ya go.
    Wow...

I love the arches and the stands... The animals, not so much, but it WAS 2002! :)

Any idea how many bricks are in that?