Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Walmart: clearance, 30-50% off HP, PotC, some Star Wars

rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
edited May 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
This discussion was created from comments split from: EXPIRED: [US] Walmart: clearance, 50% Off.

Comments

• intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    Was very happy to find a Falcon and a Frigate for $50 today.

Deals are still out there believe it or not.
  • noblebricknoblebrick Member Posts: 19
    ^
    Was very happy to find a Falcon and a Frigate for $50 today.

Deals are still out there believe it or not.
    gratz . what state?

MA
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Walmart is an enigma. It may not be that they are "still out there" but they are on there way in again. It is getting close to Summer clearance and there are a lot of new LEGO sets coming out so some WMs may be trying to clear out certain things early to make room. It seems every Walmart is different. I got 3 of the Fire station at 50% like 6 weeks ago at one WM where the other 4 closest WMs still have them in stock and the WM I got them at has a huge section with all of the active City items so it seemed there was no reason for them to clearance those out.
    I guess I phrased it that way because I had been hearing about these sets being on clearance in other parts of the country after Christmas but not here in the northeast. It truly is a regional thing I think. Eventually, it all makes it's way around.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    I picked up QAR for $79... but my local Wal-Mart hasn't marked down the Pearl for some reason. It's the only HP or PotC set still at full retail.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 243
    Each store handles this differently. In southern CT, I had the same experience as what @graphite mentioned. Pod racers set was 50% at one store, while the rest we full price. After Christmas is definitely the time to visit Walmart. Around this time, it will vary widely.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    I finally found a clone turbo tank for 50% off, took long enough!
    One of the WMs near me that I just went to had a bunch of stuff on clearance but none was down to 50%. CTT, HP Castle, smaller hogwarts, hagrids hut, whitecap bay, captains quarters, QAR and a few others. Picked up a QAR, 2 CTTs and a HP Castle. Hoping they'll go further down once all the new stuff starts to flow in.
    ^ I noticed that at the WM I just went to as well. It is probably because it is under the $100 mark (by a cent) and is the iconic ship from the movies so they figure they probably can sell a few more of them at full price if they leave them out for a while longer. Clearing out the rest of the random sets in those lines will clear up plenty of room for them to be able to leave those out.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    At one of my Walmarts I found today most POTC and HP sets at 30-40% off, along with the AC mothership set down to $40. I'm going to see if I can get 50% or better before buying anything.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    Check my local WM in NC tonight. Most POTC sets were marked down around 25% to 30%. Found a CTT for 30% off and grabbed it.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    None of the WM around here is doing more than 30% off, and then only on PotC and HP, then only on some...
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    All at 30% off at most here as well.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    @intromission Is that eastern MA? Here in Western MA, I have done the WM rounds, and there never seems to be any deals - not since January, anyway ...
  • SteverdSteverd Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2012
    ^^^ How much was Whitecap Bay? T.
    Whitecap Bay was $54.00
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    One of my Walmarts in North Carolina has HP and POTC at 30%. Lady in toys said that they are just starting the 6 month shelf reset and too expect others sets to go on sale. This Walmart also had a few new LOTR sets.
    What is so strange about Wally World is that some stores had lots on sale, one I went to had nothing, nadda, zilch on sale...

Did pickup a few QAR and BP for 30% off, but otherwise, bare pickings...
    ^ I have 2 Whitecap Bays purchased for $54, left 2 more on the shelf, not sure about that one so split the difference.

They did have the purple bus for $25, so I picked up 6 of those, but left a few on the shelf. 30% off isn't enough to make me want to clear the shelf. Now make it 50% and I'll take everything. ;)
    ^I was going to grab some Knight Bus sets, but mine were all in absolutely horrible boxes. Probably why that particular set is at 50% off.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    I found whitecap for $45. It was the only set over 40% off. Rest have been as mentioned. Still not as good as the whitecaps I picked up in Feb for $39 though... :D
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    I got a QAR ($79) and BP ($69) from Walmart in Buena Park, CA. They had a bunch more BP's, no more QAR's, but all the BP boxes were in fairly worn condition.

Upon closer inspection of the QAR I bought, it almost looks as if someone might have peeled the box seal stickers back and resealed the box. I'll probably have to return the QAR.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Some of my WalMarts have the Pearl at $69, some at full retail, so scan to check.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Boy $69 for pearl is pretty good. I never seem to have luck at WM - half of mine don't have the price scanners.
    ^ can always take it to the electronics department or hardware where they usually have a counter and ask them to scan it.
    A few of the WM around here don't have price scanners either, for them I grab an employee on the floor with a handheld one and ask them to follow me, I just have them scan them all in the isle. :)
    ^ haha.. I've thought about doing that but I always feel weird about it.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I just have them scan them all in the isle. :)
    They hate you don't they :)

Actually no, after Christmas, at ne Walmart, I found the toy section manager, she was so happy I was cleaning out the "junk" that she went and got me another cart and actually helped me right out the store with it and helped load my truck. She was very helpful, even checking the back to see if there was any left.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,839
    ^ Do they have face recognition CCTV cameras? Quick get that Lego we need to shift on the shelves now ... he's on his way.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    edited May 2012
    Saw HP Hogwarts 4867 for $35 and Hogwarts Castle 4842 for $89 as well as those HP and PoTC mentioned above plus some Cars sets and Alien Conquest Mothership for 30% off at my local Walmart.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    I was at 4 different local WalMarts (in Iowa) today and early this morning an employee at the first two stores were busy clearing space for new arrivals. Both told me they had to have 4ft of shelve space for new product next week (but they also already had a little bit of LOTR out). Again...Walmarts discounts make no sense. Every store I was at had POTC 30%off...except for The Black Pearl...only 2 stores discounted that and same with Harry Potter...most if not all HP was on sale except for the Hogwarts Castle. And all yet Aliens, Cars 2 and Star Wars were left at full price. Hopefully it's only a week sale and stuff drops to 50% next week with new arrivals.
  • aim2xlaim2xl Member Posts: 2
    I picked up two 8098 for $79, left one behind. WM Gastonia NC Checked two other WN nada!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,175
    Hmm, may have to run to some Walmarts in the area and see if I can find a Whitecap bay at that price
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    My mother is a manager at a Walmart. I had her check o
    n the sales/clearance and she said that only the Super Centers were clearing out their inventory. I don't know if this is true. Maybe it is store specific.

@ LegoFanTexas What stinks for me is that my mother gets an additional 10% off, but i don't know if that pertains to clearance items. I bet you would clear the shelves for 40% off right...lol?
    ^ he already said he'd clear them at 50% so I would assume 40% would also be a yes =)
    I don't know. He may not go that extra mile for another 10%...lol
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    The 10% would be off the already 30% so it woudlnt be 40% off, it would be 37% off.

/mathnerd
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923

Actually no, after Christmas, at ne Walmart, I found the toy section manager, she was so happy I was cleaning out the "junk" that she went and got me another cart and actually helped me right out the store with it and helped load my truck. She was very helpful, even checking the back to see if there was any left.
    Thanks for the tips.

Overall do you find a lot of sets on "discount" that are unmarked at WM?

Overall do you find a lot of sets on "discount" that are unmarked at WM?
    Yes, I don't even bother looking at the shelf price tags, I just pickup boxes and scan them.

Almost none of the sets I bought yesterday were marked down.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited May 2012
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Predictions on Discontinuing Sets and their Secondary Market Value.
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    I know it's walmart thread but my local Kroger (OH) also have some legos for clearance. I picked up The mill and Hagrid's Hut at $27.99. They also had 4737 at $13.99.

I also stopped two different walmart and only one location had a clearance on legos. The other store was pretty big and seems to have plenty of shelving space. So I'm guessing you will find better luck with smaller walmart.
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    My local super Walmart (San Diego, ca) had Harry potter and POTC for 30%ish off this morning. I didn't see any star wars on sale, but I didn't scan boxes, just went by what was on the shelf tags. I got both hogwarts castles, hagrid's hut, the knight bus, and the forbidden forest for right around $200 after tax. If memory serves, the big castle was $89, little castle $35, hagrid's hut $30, knight bus $25, and forbidden forest was $7. They had several of each, happy to pick up and ship in the US if anyone wants one for their personal collection - not sure it would be worth it with tax (7.75%) and shipping, though.
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    Scored at a Walmart today in Morrisville, NC. 2xQAR for $45! 3xWhitecap for $35. 2xHogwarts at $25. 2xKnightbus at $15. 8xCaptainsCabin at $5.

I left many of the Knight Bus, Captains Cabin, Alien Motherships, Ultimate Build Mater, Hogwarts on the shelf.

Off to see if I can find some more ships!
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    Finally found a 7965 Millenium Falcon for $69 today which I picked up.

At another store there were a bunch of HP and PotC on clearance, QAR $79, BP $69, Hagrid's Hut $35, Knight Bus $25, Mini Hogwarts $35. None of which I bought. Hopefully it'll go down to 50% at some point.
    Went to 2 Walmart stores. They had the Black Pearl, but for $79 and the box seemed light...I feared it was tampered with. Other than that, no Star Wars and not much of anything else on clearance.
    The 10% would be off the already 30% so it woudlnt be 40% off, it would be 37% off.

/mathnerd
    What?

^Her 10% would be off of the already discounted price. So it would work out to be 37% rather than 40%.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    East side Walmart in Madison, WI has clearance up at about 30%. All HP and most PotC (but no BP). QAR at $89. I left most of it there, just picking up a big and little Hogwarts and 2x Forbidden Forest.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    Dammit, wish there was an accessible Walart near me; I really want a HP Hogwarts and a big discount is the push I need. Well, i also need storge space...