Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sold Out PotC

ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
I just got back from my TRU, picking up the new Creator Lighthouse, and noticed that they had pulled all of the Isla De Muerta PotC sets from the shelf. No other sets were sold out or missing, they had all of the newly released summer sets, but not this one. I thought this was pretty odd, anyone else experience this??

Comments

• TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    Was at multiple TRU's yesterday and each one had every POTC set with the exception of Queen Anne's Revenge. Also my local WalMart was the same way.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    ^^ Which country was this? The TRU I visited earlier today (in the UK) had all of the regular PotC sets on the shelf, including the Isla De Muerta set.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    How do you know if they were pulled vs sold out and not restocked? All sets are stocked in my area.
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    this was in florida. i asked the manager and they were pulled, but he couldnt say why.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Maybe they're opening up each box and replacing the deceiving gold pieces? ;o)
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    i hope so, i contacted lego about the deceiving pieces and they said thats what they intended sorry if box art was misleading. i was asked if they could send they nice gold bars from the bank and transfer set, but no such luck.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    Weird indeed. Finally saw QAR at Target today though for 119.99..$12 cheaper than TRU
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    i hope so, i contacted lego about the deceiving pieces and they said thats what they intended sorry if box art was misleading. i was asked if they could send they nice gold bars from the bank and transfer set, but no such luck.
    Mark it as a complaint on the webform - then they will send you them - like they sent me an extra policeman as the official image for the police boat shows 3.
  • pookiepookie Member Posts: 156
    Funny that the Isla De Muerta PotC set on TRU site shows the gold coins and gold bar
    but all you get is the pearl color coins and bar
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11486139#showReviews
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 46
    Actually, according to this discussion on eurobricks, you can call TLG to send you chrome gold parts. Hopefully the next production run will come with these chrome gold bars
    http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55426
  • pookiepookie Member Posts: 156
    I've emailed them a week ago and have yet to hear from them.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I picked up 4181 - Isla De Muerta today. The bars and coins inside were all of the chrome gold variety.

It would seem either they changed this mid-run, or they just used up all of the one type, before switching to the other.