Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Free Hulk Minifig Promo

Comments

• monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,157
    I wish I could use my points on the web - I get a message about my "new account" needing 24 hours to update - I haven't opened a new account, my old one appears to be a bit messed up. Furthermore, I so far have only gotten points from 3 of my 6 May 4th orders, and only then because I rang up about them (the other 3 hadn't shipped at that point). I will have about £65 to cash in when it's sorted. Maybe put it towards a Jabba's palace later in the year.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,302
    I too would be interested in a trade for the Darth Maul poly. I still have a bunch of stuff to sell in the Marketplace, so if you anything yo would like for your Darth Maul, Chrome Stormtrooper, Gold C3PO or any other HTF minfigs or sets sealed
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    Well I plumbed for another Funhouse Escape with a Capt America to take me over. Will sell the FH and CA. Let see if the Hulk was worth it :)
    Really want a shirtless DM so will see if somewhere is doing it online FREE at some point rather than paying silly Ebay prices :(
    Still couldn't use my 5 pound Lego points though .. weird.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,526
    ^ The shirtless Darth Maul is about to be very common in the UK. It is being given away with any SW purchase in one toy chain.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Saw that. Glad I didn't pay big bucks for one.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,722
    So I went to my local LEGO store and they apparently have been getting grief from those who come in asking for a fig every 50 dollars purchased; that apparently all LEGO stores should be only releasing one for every purchase over 50, not for every 50 spent... And that the stores that are giving out multiple figures for each transaction are actually doing it wrong. Whether that will change toward the end of the promotion to get rid of spares or not that remains to be seen.
    So anyone that managed to get multiple figures for one transaction be thankful.

• MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard UtahMember Posts: 320
    It depends on the employee/store but I never go in expecting additional promotion items for every $50 dollars spent. If they throw an extra in I'll take it. I've found it's best to go when the store is not busy.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Can you get the hulk on PAB orders as well?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    Can you get the hulk on PAB orders as well?
    Yes.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Has anyone opened a Hulk promo minifig? Did you notice the sides of the legs aren't painted? I haven't opened ours, so I haven't seen thre back, but from the front and side he appears to be wearing a loin cloth!
    ^ Yes, this is also fairly clear from the pictures of him. It is a shame, especially since we know Lego can paint the sides too (eg Roman CMF).
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 800
    ^ I will be opening mine as soon as he arrives, i will be sure to check.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,512
    Yeah it looks like a loin cloth. Still like him better than the giant sized one though
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    A local friend says the back isn't painted either! Talk about chintzy, how cheap is that?!
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 630
    ^ The shirtless Darth Maul is about to be very common in the UK. It is being given away with any SW purchase in one toy chain.
    which toy store is that please?
    Smyths
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,302
    Are any friends going to try and get some for us lowly US people? :) Do we know the minimum amount of the set price for the freebie? I would like to get 2 please. I would be willing to PayPal someone the cost of the set plus extra for the Darth Maul & gas/time. Anyone? PM me if you would :)
    I'm hoping to start seeing some cheap Maul's out there now..
    Have a feeling with as many available as there are, coupled with the complaints of the quality, that the Hulk won't be big down the road.
  • zjygkmattzjygkmatt Member Posts: 75
    ^ Time will tell.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Heads up for anyone planning on going to the Mission Viejo store. They are out of Hulks :/
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,191
    ^ I hope you got one....
    Not at that store "today" -- wasted trip.
    I guess I'll call this afternoon before I go.
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    Most stores are going to start running out of Hulks because all of the new sets came in yesterday or today.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    Tysons Corner is already into their last box of Hulks. I hemmed and hawed before finally choosing to pick up the Monster Fighter Castle.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    Vancouver store already ran out.
    Good choice in the MF castle. Love it.
    Maybe there are less Hulks than people imagined. I'm glad I got one now.
    Went to South Coast after. They had 17 left when I left.
    ^^ I'm sure they have plenty available for online orders.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,543
    Have a feeling with as many available as there are, coupled with the complaints of the quality, that the Hulk won't be big down the road.
    I certainly wouldn't trade or spend more than a few quid for one, that's for sure. Yes get it to complete a collection by all means - if you're a collector - but otherwise you're missing absolutely nothing if you choose to skip this fig.

I can confirm the quality issue. I opened mine the day i received it, and gotta' say I was hugely disappointed with the even worse than CMF grade plastic.
    It's so thin I actually held it up to the light to see if the torso was transparent. Also, one arm on mine is far too loose for a new fig, and I felt the head piece was of a poor standard (you know how a LEGO head normally looks like a little solid brick, this looks like the plastic is not fully-compressed, and so has left 'rivers' of colour, like a balled up piece of playdoh/plasticene when you can't put enough pressure on it to blend fully).

I'm glad that the Funhouse escape set I ordered is so pleasing, cos' I actually felt the hulk poly was not even worth the cost of the £3.95 postage.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 481
    ^ Well that certainly is disappointing. I have two hulks on the way, and was planning a PAB order before the end of the month for a third. I was hoping that the resale value a little while down the road will pay for half the PAB order ultimately making it a great deal. I suppose it still could if people just want to collect it to have it as part of their collection. Tis a shame though as the Shadow ARF was superb and I expected something similar.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 819
    I'm happy with my Hulk fig. I think he looks pretty good save for the detailing of his legs. I'm glad to have a minifig scale Hulk fog in my collection and even happier that it was free and I didn't have to buy anything extra to get him. It's not like I had to buy an expensive set that was the only set the Hulk came in.
    Bring on more free Super Hero fig variant freebies!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    The LEGO Store I went to today had half a box left, and they expected to run out in the next day or so. I got one to add to my collection.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I chose to pass on this mini fig since I ordered a lot for the TC-14 promotion. I'm okay with it though since I can't get past the leg printing. He really looks like he is wearing a thong which is just odd. I really do like the big one though as the Hulk should tower over the other figures, even in Lego form :)
    I've got two now, opened one. I'm happy with it. I think I'd be annoyed later if I hadn't got one for me now and ended up having to pay more down the road.
  • ereiamjhereiamjh Member Posts: 182
    He really looks like he is wearing a thong which is just odd.
    Maybe that's why he never changes back to Bruce Banner - the itchy bum keeps him constantly angry.

I just received my 3 avengers orders for 3 x hulk minifigs. Was hoping they'd offset my purchases by £20 each - don't feel confident that will happen. I might just send them all back unopened. Still haven't had my UCS R2 from May 4th yet! Spoke to a local AFOL last night who ordered his UCS R2 at the end of the 4th (I ordered mine first thing on the 4th) and he's had his a week. There seems no logic to Lego order statuses.
    Lego Store San Diego are out of hulks. :(
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 141
    Just spoke to my amazing brother-in-law over FaceTime, and he got me two Hulk Minifigs by buying the Quinjet; Wolverine Chopper; Loki's Escape; and Capt America's Cycle from the Cardiff store - I live in Hong Kong. I won't be back in the UK until November though - so will have to wait until then to open them all!
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    My store limited Hulks to one per person, no matter what you spent.
    ^ Same with mine. If fact that was what all LEGO stores should have done, but the Schaumburg store was telling me that the Downtown Chicago store was handling them out per every 50.. of course with the tax that you see in the city I guess they need to do that.
    you have to wonder if the stores that are running out of them are the same that do not limit one per.... Im tempted to go to the LEGO store by me and see if they have any more Hulks, or if they are sold out.
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    I will be taking a walk to the Michigan Ave Chicago store this weekend and will find out!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,461
    edited May 2012
    It all depends upon if he decides to get angry. ;-)

On a separate note, would anyone be interested in selling/trading a few hulks to me?
    Price is dropping for these on EBay. Picked up another for 15 bucks and free shipping.
    Went ahead and grabbed a sealed one for $12.50 shipped. Cheaper than making another order.
    ^ well again the market will be flooded with these for a while, plus who knows if these will not be re-released for some other promo in the future (same with TC-14)
    I'm fine with the market being flooded. I'd like to pick up a couple sealed ones to tuck away, since I already have one for display.

I've given up on trying to sell my TC-14s for now. There are too many out there and you're lucky if you net $15 on them after fees.
    I'm sending back my 3 eligible orders. I have been parting out some Cosmic cube escapes, and the price of the Iron man figure has taken a real dive as the film's hype has died down. I was pleasantly surprised that you can return stuff to Lego in the UK with a prepaid label they send you and they'll refund the original shipping. Was fully expecting to pay postage back and forego the original shipping costs as I have simply "changed my mind". As always the Lego rep was a perfect gent, he did "remind" me to return the free Hulk also, which I was going to do anyway as i'm not that impressed with it.