Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New "Beach" Set

JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
edited May 2012 in Collecting
I don't know if our store is particularly favored but here's another set I hadn't heard about that we bought yesterday. It was $15 which seems a little expensive but it's a cute set. People who missed out on these CMFs should be happy.

Sorry for the atrocious photo, there's limits to phone cameras.

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    This set tells me a couple of things:

A) They're going to have to remove the "C" from CMF
    2) We're getting a space marine theme soon
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271
    Should just rename CMF to TMMF (Test mold mini figures). Seems like they're just making them to get more use out of figures they're planning on using.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,014
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Jenni. Does it have any numbers on the back?
  • LeelaLeela Member Posts: 53
    Is it just minifigures or does it come with the bricks pictures? It's a really cute set.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ I agree, cute but would be cool if it came with some bricks too.
    I WANT one :-)
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @hue yes will get them to you in a few hours when I'm home
    @huw 850449 and Item: 6010813
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Very cool set!
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2012
    I've gone on record before about the whole collectable series thing being devalued as a collectable series, so i'll not repeat that argument.
    BUT what i do notice is THIS set actually has something closer to the hula skirt that the collectable minifig was promo'd as having - (but then became that horrid starchy paper thing, like the bagpiper's kilt).

She should still have a little brown ukelele though...
    @lostintranslation and @leela It does come with bricks, 63 pieces altogether, it has the bricks for the barbecue, bench and rock pile thing. Though I try not to interfere with how my daughter spends VIP points if it was nothing more than the CMFs I probably would have.
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    This from a Lego store?
    @romdam yes, in Nashville
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,307
    So is this because they have too many unsold figures, or are they newly made for this set?

They could do white spaceman (S1), pink spacewoman (S6) and a blue ADU soldier as a kit. I wouldn't buy as I already have them ...
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    One guy, two gals. Blondes clearly do have more fun! Or is it just the whole surfer dude thing?
    There seems to be just two chicken legs. Is one a veggie, or does the parrot get eaten too?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271
    ^ It's dinner and a show. The surfers eat the chicken legs and watch the hula dancer.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2012
    Seems a bit off to have not even bothered to change the faces or hair colour! Though should drop s2 surfer prices, similar to the s1 skater and cheerleader in the brick calendar.
    So is this because they have too many unsold figures, or are they newly made for this set?

They could do white spaceman (S1), pink spacewoman (S6) and a blue ADU soldier as a kit. I wouldn't buy as I already have them ...
    Surely it would be the s1 spaceman, the s3 space villain and the s6 spacegirl!

Seems odd that they've released this but no sign of the 'CMF All stars' VIP set yet.
    This set tells me a couple of things:

A) They're going to have to remove the "C" from CMF
    2) We're getting a space marine theme soon
    2. In the sense that all new moulds are beginning to be reused in main themes?

^ It's dinner and a show. The surfers eat the chicken legs and watch the hula dancer.
    OK. I'm in. What does the hula girl do with the parrot?

Surely it would be the s1 spaceman, the s3 space villain and the s6 spacegirl!
    That would work too. My spacemen are all off battling S6 aliens at the moment. Although due to price differences it's 4 against 16.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    My spacemen are all off battling S6 aliens at the moment. Although due to price differences it's 4 against 16.
    That is classic. Even in space, it's the flippin' economy!
    Do you think we can expect to see other CMFs end up in packs like this? Imagine a gladiator, roman and spartan pack... it would sell like hot cakes. Or elf, dwarf and err gnome? :P (unlikely due to LOTR goings on).
    I'd like a roman, roman and roman one. With the licensed SW sets they can do 4 figures for £12 plus some bricks. They could easily knock out 5 romans for a tenner (similar numbers and price to the unlicensed AC battle pack), or maybe two highlanders, two romans and a peasant.
    This would be an easy way to judge potential interest in future themes. Using existing figures/moulds and just mixing and matching the accessories with some minor brick builds (catapult, usual rock and leaf combo). Or dress it up as a 'tic-tac-toe' set, romans vs highlanders, spartans vs minotaurs, dance instructors vs racing drivers :P
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    @Jenni would you be willing to get these for us Brickset users as I need all 3 minifigs for my beach MOC ??
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited May 2012
    @bricksan - they should be available in the UK in Lego stores (and presumably [email protected]) imminently according to the flumpmeister's intelligence (posted elsewhere it seems).

Edit - it's in here: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/4734/kingdoms-chess-set
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ...according to the flumpmeister's intelligence...
    Intelligence? I think you mean cruelty to animals...
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    I saw the title and thought you'd be talking about the new 7346 - Seaside House. Came across this on May 16 at TRU, and looks to be a very nice new Creator set. I didn't get it, but I shall.

Would go well with the original item @Jenni posted about.
    ^ Seaside House is just really expensive, I like it but I'm not sure I can pay RRP for it, let alone TRU prices.

@bricksan of course I will if you can't find it but I think you will.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    I live in the UK so will keep an eye at my local store when I go :)
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    ^^ Yes, definitely not at TRU prices!
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    I had to do a forum search to learn about this set after seeing it referenced in another thread. It looks great!

Has is been spotted at any other LEGO stores? What about [email protected]? I tried searching for it there but couldn't find it. I guess I'll have to call my local store and see if they have received any.

I would be totally happy to pick up several of these themed minifigure CMF sets, especially if they come with extra brick builds (like the rock, table, and BBQ).
    ^ Blame @Yellowcastle I put it in Collecting as I thought I was letting people know there was a new set to collect, rather than complaining that it wasn't in the database :)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    ^ Hey! ;o)
    ^ :)
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    I found this today in the Milton Keynes (UK) store, priced up at £9.99. ONly have one of both the surfer guy and hula girl from CMF so bought this one too, now it's BBQs all round! :)
  • retrieverfalconretrieverfalcon Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2012
    I picked up two sets at my local (Arundel Mills, MD) store yesterday but I can't find either in the database. These are the "Beach Set" (Numbers on back - 850449 & 6010813) and the "VIP Collectible Minifigure Set" (Numbers on back - 850458 & 6015171). Both were $14.99. Are these not listed because they are considered "gear" given their numbering (though both contain minifigs and bricks/parts) or are they just too new to be listed? I was surprised to not see these since the database is normally ahead of even the most recent new releases (such as with the new Kingdoms Chess set). Let me know if I can provide any other useful info to get these two sets added. Thanks!
    ^ We'll get the loaded shortly, though we probably need pics of each.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    I don't know. $15 sounds about right for this set. Three minifigs at the make a minifig station would cost $10, or $9 if you bought the minifig packages. That leaves $5-$6 for the mini build, which includes chicken legs and bananas. I think my girls will gravitate to this set. It is rare to see any set that has more females than males in it, plus with the grill and the food...I think they would enjoy it, despite us already having these minifigs.