Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Free Hulk Minifig Promo

Comments

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    I'm waiting patiently to get off work so that I can visit my Lego Store tonight and see what I can buy to get Hulk.... X-mas in May.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    I picked up Cap's Avenging Cycle, Wolverine's Chopper Showdown, and Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape.

Already have the other Marvel minifigs (Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, and 6869 Iron Man).

I was really hoping that Spider Man set (6873) would be out by now. I wonder where it is?
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 296
    The lego store in va was giving them out for each $50 spent with a max of 5.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ Tysons? Did they have the Summer sets out?
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    I'd be sure to place an order with [email protected] and get a Hulk fig, but not unless they offer free shipping. Here's hoping it happens soon.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 296
    edited May 2012
    ^^ Yes, it was Tysons but I didn't see any of the summer sets. Picked up some avenger sets for someone and had the store order some LOTR sets to get free shipping and the hulk figure. The employees did not know when the LOTR sets would arrive.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Been purposely waiting to get the Hulk Helicarrier set to combine with this promo to have a double Hulk smashing time.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Does anyone think Weathertop by itself (i.e. sans minifigs) will draw any money? I'm thinking about making four separate orders for four Weathertop sets, then selling off the extra Aragorns, Merrys and Frodos... and possibly the monument itself, just to get eight ringwraiths... but I'm not sold on this working out well economically. Now that the sets are more widely available, I'm curious to see if the value of Aragorn and the two hobbits will hold.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ Who knows at first as people buy the available sets, but I would think there's good potential in LOTR from army builders.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Anyone willing to trade one if they have an extra, in the US? I have some of the new Avenger and LOTR sets, among other stuff.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2012
    @y2josh
    Just out of interest, why stop at eight wraiths? There were nine in the book/movie... is there a blackrider in another set? I'll have to go and look...
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,339
    @legomatt- Taking a guess here, but I'm guessing he wants 8 for the original ring wraiths, and then the ninth would be the Witch King. Here's to hoping that LEGO LotR releases a Witch King sometime in the near distant future. I once saw a nice custom online, so I can't imagine what the actual LEGO manufacturer could do.
    Definitely Army Building
    @samiam391 is correct. I'm hoping the Witch King shows up in the future... preferably riding a Hell Hawk (or fell-beast, if you'd prefer) in an Osgiliath set. I'd just rather get the other eight now and not risk missing out on them... but Weathertop is an expensive means of doing that, so I was hoping the extras of Merry, Aragorn and Frodo... and then possibly the monument itself (and the free Hulk, if necessary), would offset the cost of the army building.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    No sales yet on just the bricks and only one listing up so far. Starting bid at 19.99 USD and it does have a bid.

In my limited experience, I tend to break even or lose just a little bit when I part out a set so I can keep just one part of it. At the very least, it means I can get the piece for cheaper than if I bought it alone. Of course, it's far more work to do it that way.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    Has anyone had their Hulk orders shipped from [email protected]?
    Mine still shows as processing...
    @AvengerDr

I placed my order May 16 around 6am EST and got a shipping notification around 5:30pm today (May 17).
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    Mine switched to shipping today as well. Ordered a few minutes after it went active.
    (Just placed my second order, hoping it will get shipped out by tomorrow evening and not next week!)
  • ColtCrazyColtCrazy Member Posts: 28
    Ugh. Of course the LOTR stuff comes out early. Was hoping to pick them all up while I was working in England this summer (more disposable cash from the job I'm doing over there)...rather than trying to buy them while I'm preparing my trip. May have to get the $50 worth so I can get the hulk fig, then wait till England to get the rest. Surely they'll still be available a month from now?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ They'll be around for at least a year would be my guess. The Hobbit movie isnt till the end of the year and that is what these are promoting basically.
  • Legofanatic2414Legofanatic2414 Member Posts: 37
    That Hulk promo figure deal has really messed up my plan. I planned that since the Hulk Helicarrier set is 50$, I could buy it and get the Hulk minifig by default. Then, I could save it, keep it in the bag, and sell it later. I have a feeling this Hulk will fetch a good price in a few years. Either way, apparently, LEGO doesn't consider the Helicarrier set 50$ (the price on it, is 49.99). I didn't really find that fair, but this is the first time I shop on LEGO.com. I'm simply going to get the Helicarrier and buy a bag of minifigures to even it out. Still, 49.99 doesn't equal 50? C'mon.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Go to the Pick A Brick section and buy 1 single piece of anything to put you over the limit.
  • ColtCrazyColtCrazy Member Posts: 28
    ^ Thanks. I just needed a level head so I didn't spend the money I needed to get some things for my job on legos. I'd rather spent my pub money on legos. My wife would appreciate that more anyway.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    The quality of Hulk's legs are questionable - they're translucent in the light. Must be the "new" plastic they're using for minfig body parts.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,804
    ^--or he has glow in the dark legs..
    Please note that the comments regarding buying/returning have been removed. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    My order was shipped yesterday. I made another order, but it hasn't shipped yet.
  • weinnerweinner Banned Posts: 148
    broke down and got one

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    edited May 2012
    This is what happens when you get pulled away in mid comment and then fail to refresh. I blame Lucy. ;o)
    I'm only just reading this thread and to my surprise I find my name being bandied about. Honestly, the stuff I get blamed with around here... it's most unfair. What did I do??

Anyway, I'm still not jumping on this yet. I really really really want the Hulk minifig but shouldn't really be spending fifty squid on non-discounted stuff and then adding insult to injury by paying for shipping. I think I might have to resort to Bricklink or eBay for one...

• robnwccrobnwcc Member Posts: 25
    @LostInTranslation .... think i am in the same boat as you!
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    @rob/Lost: Depends how much you expect to pay for one. If they're up for £20 and you have to spend £50 to get one free, i'd rather have a £50 set for £30 in effect - to part out, resell or keep. TLG have done the right thing in the USA - have this promotion on when the LOTR stuff is just out and people are wanting them early. I wonder whether TLG will bang out an exclusive LOTR fig for when the sets are out in the UK/Europe to encourage us to buy from them rather than Argos/Amazon/TRU etc?
    There's no denying that the TC14 promotion was much better. Maybe TLG don't need to offer free shipping right now while they're still swamped with the backlog from May 4th/5th. I'm just waiting for 1 item of 6 placed orders now - the UCS R2.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,991
    That Hulk promo figure deal has really messed up my plan. I planned that since the Hulk Helicarrier set is 50$, I could buy it and get the Hulk minifig by default. Then, I could save it, keep it in the bag, and sell it later. I have a feeling this Hulk will fetch a good price in a few years. Either way, apparently, LEGO doesn't consider the Helicarrier set 50$ (the price on it, is 49.99). I didn't really find that fair, but this is the first time I shop on LEGO.com. I'm simply going to get the Helicarrier and buy a bag of minifigures to even it out. Still, 49.99 doesn't equal 50? C'mon.
    I don't see the problem. They set a limit at $50. $49.99 is not $50. Add the cheapest thing you can find on pick-a-brick and you are done. They have to set a limit somewhere, and if you are over, you are over. If you are under, you are under. What if they set the limit at $49.99, and someone buys a $39.99 and a $9.99 item. $49.98 is so close, but would not qualify. So they shift it down. Then someone buys 5x$9.99 items, they are a few cents under. 10x$4.99 items, just under. The sell enough cheap stuff on PAB that anyone within a few bucks of the limit can make the total to $50 easily enough. The limit is checked by computer, not a human, so close but under is always under. If they give 5% leeway, then people will know the limit is actually $47.50 and not $50.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    one of my orders has shipped today, but the other 2 are still processing. So annoying as I ordered very early on the 16th.
  • Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
    edited May 2012
    @LostInTranslation and @robnwcc - same here! No free shipping and no LOTR poster in the UK, at least it is not adding to *my* basket.

To top it all I was going to get 10216 Winter Village Bakery @£50.99 but it is not available to buy in the UK at the moment. (It is in the US but appears to have been withdrawn for the Summer in the UK...what is the logic in that for an online retailer?)

End result - no sale for TLG.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,048
    @Cam_n_Stu
    Same here in Germany.
    I bought the VW Camper a couple of weeks ago and got the TC-14 (with free shipping and poster).
    I'd really like the Hulk MF too, but there's no real incentive for me to part with 55EUR again so soon.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    ^ I am torn on this myself. I (and my 4-year old daughter) really want a Hulk to keep. It is so hard to justify paying full price AND shipping though. I cannot help but compare this thread with the TC-14 thread. Everyone was talking about how many orders they were placing and how many copies of the fig they were getting. This promo does not have many people excited or ordering, which makes me wonder if the long-term result is that the aftermarket value of this figure will be higher as they are not unloading all that many in this promotion.
    ^ If you can wait a year, the aftermarket will likely have settled to wherever it needs to be. If you want it now, I would simply justify that you're buying it for whatever the shipping charge comes out to. None of us wants to unnecessarily pay full price with this expensive hobby, but some promotional items (like the TC14) are just too cool to pass up.
    The length of time this promotion is on for would suggest they have plenty to give away, but maybe don't expect them to shift as quickly as the TC-14. Maybe because everyone has skinted themselves on the May 4th promotion and/or Lego is still recovering from the backlog of orders they built up and still hadn't shipped until very recently. I have only just received the last of my May 4th orders today, excluding the backordered R2. Their reluctance to offer free shipping will deter some people and TLG know it. If they offer free shipping halfway into the promotion they'll annoy those who didn't hesitate to place an order, but they've done it before.
  • fyrmedhattfyrmedhatt Member Posts: 128
    edited May 2012
    I mainly agree with the points of @monkeyhanger , I don't necessarily think there are many more Hulk minifigs produced than TC-14's.

Also, we don't know much about how these Super Heroes promotional minifigures will hold up in value either, but if this remains the only minifig-sized Hulk then I have a feeling this could be very attractive in a few years.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Grabbed a chess set and a CMF to get the promotional Hulk MF. Our Lego store was offering free shipping in the store to get any LotR set because they didn't have them in stock. They also threw in free VIP points to boot. Gotta love it...
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    My Lego said that Monster, LOTR, and new Hero Factory will be arriving Monday and Tuesday. Now only if new SW and Spiderman also came, I would be in some serious trouble with my CC company.
    I do think the value of the hulk minifig is strongly linked to a film tie in if they're not a massive rarity later. Sell them now while the avengers film is out or wait for the next film that features the hulk to whip up renewed interest.
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    Anyone wanna swap a Hulk for a Darth Maul polybag?
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    I am about to go for a purchase - anyone know if you can use your VIP points on the web?
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    You can. Just make sure you're signed into your VIP account before placing the order.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,399
    @collect_that - where are you based? UK or US? I am in the UK and might be keen on that trade (I assume you mean the 5000062 maul polybag).
    My hulks haven't arrived yet but have shipped so I expect them in a few days.
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    You can. Just make sure you're signed into your VIP account before placing the order.
    .. OK so where do you add the points ? couldn't see where :(
    ^During checkout. There's a dropdown box on the right.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    I'd trade a Hulk for the Darth Maul as well if no one has taken you up on your offer.