Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego 10213 Shuttle Adventure is sold out at [email protected]

madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,188
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Wow, that was unexpected... But it is listed as sold out on [email protected] in the US:
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10213&cn=348&d=70

Comments

• vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    Interesting that it is marked as 'sold out' and not 'backorders accepted', though I'd wager it's a mistake. I guess you never know, though, huh? Perhaps it's not being sold until they have enough backstock of the revised parts/instructions?
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    From fbtb.net:

"it seems that the set is indeed discontinued but will be re-released under a different number (10231 vs. 10213) with changes to improve stability."

http://www.fbtb.net/2011/05/04/10213-shuttle-adventure-almost-sold-out/
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    edited May 2011
    I think they should have chosen a number with completely different digits so that the two versions would not be easily confused.

Anyhow, the question now is: who among us are the crazed type that will buy both versions to be complete?
    edited May 2011
    "it seems that the set is indeed discontinued but will be re-released under a different number (10231 vs. 10213) with changes to improve stability."
    That is very strange, when it was just posted a few weeks ago in another topic here that
    There has been made a PDF that shows the changes needed and if consumer service is call they will send the needed elements and the PDF. All new sets packed from around week 10 will be with the improved build up. The set number will not change.
    Since I'm getting the parts pack in the mail any day now, I won't feel the need to buy the revised version (not that I would were I not receiving the parts pack...)
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    ^ That was a direct quote from the LEGO QA chap who talks with the Ambassadors. I'll ask him about it ...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I called yesterday to try and get the service pack for my set - which is still sealed. The woman I spoke with said they're not giving out the service pack to just anyone. Only to people who "are having stability problems when building the set." Since I haven't attempted to build my set yet, they weren't giving me the service pack. I asked if the service pack would be available 6 months from now. She assured me it would.
  • mackrelmackrel Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2011
    It's back in Stock. The Green Grocer did the same thing. SO and then back in stock then SO out again 2 or 3 months later and gone for good. I would purchase it sooner than later.
    It's appearing as 'Sold Out' to me, right now.