Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Seagull Swindon Steam 2011 Lego Headland Hotel Newquay.

Bluefox1966Bluefox1966 UKMember Posts: 360
edited May 2012 in Building and Techniques
I was wondering if anyone had a good design for a seagull. I have almost finished my hotel and need to do some detailing.Take a look here http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/322815. I remember at Steam last year talking to I think it was @bluemoose about his train layout collaboration and I this was also @huw display. If I have this wrong please forgive . I remember there were some birds and was wondering if you had a photo. As you can see my attempt looks like a fat white crow.

Comments

• caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    I have to say I adore the ones in the Creator Lighthouse! Too cute.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,470
    I did have seagulls on my part of the layout, I'll see if I can dig out a picture.
  • Bluefox1966Bluefox1966 UKMember Posts: 360
    Thanks @huw that would be great,
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    The hotel is amazing!!! And yes, creator lighthouse seagulls are nice
    ^ @Savage_Steel Thanks for the positive comment. I stayed there last year and thought the building lent itself very well to a Lego build.
    It does! I'd love to see the headland built now, then fistral, a use for all the surfers!!
    Could be a bit ambitious building Fistral as well :-). BTW I just noticed the film the Witches is on Channel 5 now as I type, it features the Hotel.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,945
    I'm glad I'm not the only that goes somewhere nice and the only thought is "I could build this out of lego".
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
    Wow, that is stunning! Great job fella!
    @SpaceCake Thanks for the compliment should finish it in a week or two.
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Awesome MOC. Great work!
  • BillDeenBillDeen Member Posts: 9
    That's amazing. Good job!
    @stagus , @BillDeen Thanks I have some build pictures here if you are interested. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    ^ Superb. The cat really gives the scale! Does it have an interior?
    @CCC No interior, took me nearly 500 hourS for the outside. I may, if time, do a few selected parts.
    Awesome, can't wait to see it in the flesh.
    ^^ It sounds like a hotel I once went to in Spain on a cheap holiday. Lovely outside, unfinished inside!

PS. It's beautiful.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @Bluefox1966 OMG that is absolutely gorgeous!!! LMK if you EVER sell a pattern/design file of that!
    @jadedanc No pattern or design I just copied the real building in Newquay England. Thanks for the positive comment.
  • cakeinmilkcakeinmilk London, UKMember Posts: 33
    That looks fantastic... did you get the design of the seagull from @Huw in the end?
    No, no response from Huw since the 12th May guess he has more important things to do.
    Great news if any one would like to see it in the flesh. I will be displaying it in the Headland Hotel Newquay from the last week in August for one year. The owner of the hotel saw it on my MOC page and asked me to bring it down.
    ^ Ha, I read that as the owner wanting you to take your MOCpage down!! Sat there thinking "why would he do that? He can't own copyright!"

it's been a long day. Beautiful build, congratulations
    aww, are you not taking it to STEAM?
    ^ not sure how you do that. I did start a discussion "How do you Exhibit Your work at exhibitions ie AFOLCON Steam ect (UK)" a couple of days ago but I did not receive a single answer. Still not to worry.
    The owner of the Hotel said he has contacted the local press and they are going to be there. I'm bursting with excitement now. Only another 10 weeks before I go :-)
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    @bluefox1966 pm sent.