Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

New Inverted Tile

DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 608
edited May 2012 in Building and Techniques
Lego is introducing a new inverted tile piece. This seems like it will be very useful to MOC builders. Hopefully they extend the part family into other sizes.

This was spotted by a youtube reviewer of a new Ninjago set.

Here are some screen caps.

Comments

• RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    Stupid Ninjago TV show!

I always thought the Ninjago sets were too crazy looking so I was never tempted to buy any sets from the theme. But then my son and I started to watch the TV show, and now I am tempted to buy Samurai X. Thankfully, I still find most of the sets to be fairly ugly (especially most of the vehicles), but I thought I was safe from this theme.

Plus, that inverted tile is cool.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,324
    That would be good for some overhangs in buildings.
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
    I love it! Often I have found myself trying to come up with a similar solution. Particularly great for large plates that are mounted vertically. Now we can tile both sides to achieve a smooth and attractive finish. Hurrah! My SW blast doors shall look terrific from now on!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    That's so funny... with the new bits in the Marvel sets that's exactly what I was thinking they needed to come up with. Now you can have SNOT SNOB models!