Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Built first section of Lego-built road yesterday
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited May 2012
    Spent entire weekend disassembling, cleaning, building, and putting up the next round of display sets. It was much more work than I expected.

Disassembled: UCS Obi-wan SF, UCS AT-ST, Slave1, Vader Transformation (7251), Apple Treehouse, Cosmic Cube, Chopper Showdown, Easter sets

Cleaned: Ferrari Enzo (8652), Ferrari F1 (2556), UCS Imperial Shuttle, Darth Vader (8010), TIE Fighter, TIE Defender, Queen Anne's Revenge, Fire Temple, Architecture Whitehouse, VW Camper Van, Modulars (FB, GE, PS, TH)

Assembled: Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (8169), Cool Cruiser 'Medium build' (5767), UCS Batmobile

Pending Builds: Millenium Falcon (7965), Y-wing, X-wing, Quinjet, Cafe Corner =)
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Modified the the 4956 Creator House and gave it a Medieval look. My 6 year old son thought it was boring and wanted to put the Fantasy Era Knights in it. I'm pleased with the result, hope he is too.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    @cyntilina - Right there with you. One due to arrive tomorrow and the other Wednesday.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    My army minifig pieces just came in. Still waiting for a package from Taiwan.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    My LotR sets just shipped from TRU.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    ^That's exciting. I didn't even know they were available yet!
    ^That's exciting. I didn't even know they were available yet!
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/4629/us-2012-summer-sets-on-toysrus-com
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    @sidersdd - what all did you order?
    ^ some of each. I'll post photos of the figs in my flickr feed once I have them. Also ordered the swamp monster set from Monster Fighters.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,030
    Just received my 3222 Limo/Copter set.
    I'm delighted with it - Mrs Legopants is not, however :-(
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^ On my wants list! Have fun with the build.
    ^ On my wants list! Have fun with the build.
    Thanks - looking forward to it. The limo looks really cool :-)
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Got my MBA poster, I ordered 7-9 on the 5th, with titles and photos of kits 10-12 on the back. Is this news? I don't remember seeing it anywhere but the posters have apparently been around since March.
  • muffenmanmuffenman Member Posts: 75
    Today's status!

'When my post rattles, I no it is going to be a good day' :)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ Wow! You get your post at the start of the day? I rarely see mine before 2pm...
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
    Waiting for my package from Lego.com...

Yeah I'm from the UK... And yeah, it hasn't even been dispatched yet. But I'm still checking the order status every 3 minutes for damn near 18 hours a day.

:(
  • muffenmanmuffenman Member Posts: 75
    ^ Wow! You get your post at the start of the day? I rarely see mine before 2pm...
    About 9am like clock work round here. last week on my day off she (postie) woke me up at 8.15am so it can be a curse!

• Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    A thrilling evening reorganinsing all my technics parts.
    Film was good though - watched 'the cat returns'.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    edited May 2012
    @SpaceCake- Haha! Love the "picture"! Whenever I'm expecting a package, it pretty much explains me perfectly. ;-)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    @SpaceCake This is EXACTLY what I do. I even bookmark it just so I can click on it every 5 minutes.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Learned a lesson about the Cafe Corner 2x3x4 windows today... thought those seemed cheap...
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^What was the lesson @dimefield?
    That there are two 2x4x3 windows that look exactly the same but the inner panels are different. 4132 (cafe corner) and 60598. The latter has hollow studs and a slightly larger inner frame. Got 2 in a bricklink order today and the white panels didnt fit.
    Received my Lord of the Ring sets today! Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-Hai Army. Mines of Moria comes tomorrow. Eomer is probably my favorite fig so far. I'm posting photos of the figs on my flickr feed:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sidersdd/sets/72157629659336220/
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    @dimefield: Strange, because all of the windows I have in my Cafe Corner have the same exact windows on it. The only difference is for the middle window it it is inserted into to frame on the left hand side (other 4 on the right). Are you sure the seller sent you the correct window(s)?
    @sidersdd: what no pics of the ring? Is it hollow?
    @sidersdd: what no pics of the ring? Is it hollow?
    Check the feed now (still uploading pics). Yes, it's hollow. Chrome gold. Very nice. You get three of them in the Shelob Attacks set. Two Sting swords too.
    ^Awesome!
    @starfire I was going through the sellers site and saw the windows (before I had them on my wanted list) and saw how cheap they were compared to the other prices I'd seen. Didnt realize they were a different item. My fault... live and learn. At least it was only a .60c mistake!
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @sidersdd LOVE the pics! Thanxs!!! I agree with you, I like Eomer. Also the new horse :)
    STILL waiting for my package to be dispatched from Lego.com... I've refreshed the "order status" page so many times my F5 key is starting to feel fragile.

Going to trawl Brickset forum and try and take my mind off Lego by reading about Lego...

... I smell fail.
    Received my Lord of the Ring sets today! Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-Hai Army. Mines of Moria comes tomorrow. Eomer is probably my favorite fig so far. I'm posting photos of the figs on my flickr feed:
    OH. EM. GEE.

How on earth have you got your hands on these sets?! I thought they weren't being released until summer.

:O
    OH. EM. GEE.

How on earth have you got your hands on these sets?! I thought they weren't being released until summer.

:O
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/4629/us-2012-summer-sets-on-toysrus-com
    Finally got round to buying Pharoah's Quest 7306 while in Winnenden on a completely unrelated errand.
    I'm a compulsive completionist, so obviously it was an absolutely essential purchase :-)
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Just treated myself to some more really useful boxes, I know what I'll be doing later :)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,959
    edited May 2012
    On my lunch time jaunt into town, gutted to find out that not only is the toy shop closing down, but their shelves have been stripped (unsuprisingly) of Lego. Though the 10% discount probably only brought it all down to rrp...
  • ethodaethoda Member Posts: 5
    Trying to finish spaceship moc
    Building Maersk containers. LOTS of maersk containers!
    My daughter officially wants 43 different Lego sets for her fourth birthday. I've asked her to narrow it down to 1 or 2. Not an easy task.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,551
    ^ A girl who knows what she wants. Good for her.
    Pretty much everything on my wanted list won't be out til after my birthday :-(
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Received my Grand Emporium today in mint condition from [email protected] Surprisingly the shipping box did not get beat up by FedEx.
    @lostintraslation: you could ask for LEGO gift cards?!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,551
    ^ I'm such a child. I really like opening presents :-)
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,850
    @sidersdd as long as she didnt want the 43 most expensive sets lego have made :-D
    I got both of my orders today and 2 TC-14's.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,850
    regretting agreeing to break up my sets into parts for easy storage.Way to many parts not enough storage
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Got a great deal on CL, only to find out the seller played me and another member here against one another to bump the price up, so my win isn't quite as sweet. Still I'm jazzed to have all the modular buildings now.
    Creative evening last night, made a beach house Mod and MoCced a 'sketch' of a large house from scratch.
    Still spamming F5 on [email protected] Order Status.

"In Process".