Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!

Comments

• HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 223
    ^^Well done. Very good haul
  • Bluefox1966Bluefox1966 UKMember Posts: 360
    ^^Forgot to mention it was £10.00.
    Better than my haul from yesterday. Looks like may be complete or at least getting there.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    ^^ @bluefox1966 that's awesome. You lucky person!

^ @greenmick I agree I went last weekend and paid extra to go in early, it was rubbish the only Lego I saw was a box which was about a kilo and she wanted £25. It was full of other stuff too. Gonna keep hunting charity shops!
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    This cost us a little bit (around $600 but it included delivery) and we got over 120 lbs of Lego. Mostly older Star Wars models including the AT AT 4483 and the MTT 7662 and most of the Indiana Jones sets including Temple Escape (yay!!) and yes, @rocao, I will put together any extras of those sets, and some Batman and older Harry Potter sets.

Here are some of the instructions and sets:
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^ Wow, very nice!
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @littletoki I am jealous!!! LOL I see quite a few I would want out of that lot! :)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited April 2012
    Picked up 5 copies of Ramses Pyramid for $7.92 (+tax)/each at TRU today (clearance price of $16.98, plus 30% off games today, plus a 25% off games coupon via TRU Rewards, plus a $5 off $25 coupon).

EDIT: Correction - $7.92, forgot the other coupon I had
    ^ Great deal! 5 tan baseplates for you.
    @sidersdd WOW Congrats!
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 75
    Tonight, I'm picking up a Cafe Corner that the current owner has disassembled for me. He has been the only owner of the set, and assures that all pieces are there. He is also including original instructions and box. $400.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^Awesome!
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    [Expeletive]! Who on here picked up the Cafe Corner, Grand Emporium, and Green Grocer for $600 on CL?
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    [Expeletive]! Who on here picked up the Cafe Corner, Grand Emporium, and Green Grocer for $600 on CL?
    Well those three and like 15 other sets. That was me. :D
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    These CL posts make me jealous. All I ever see locally is SW sets with no figures listed at complete set prices. Either that or it's DUPLO/knock-offs listed as LEGO.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,309
    What I think is funny is people selling a bucket of mixed "Lego" parts and pieces for $50 ( 5 lb tub) and half of it is clearly Mega crud!
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    I get lucky sometimes. Thing I hate is when I work a deal and others are offering more money to steal the sale. Thankfully most the CL folks have heard true to the deal. Someone was offering $200 over on the lot I just got. Thankfully the lady was super nice about it.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    edited May 2012
    I just finalized the ebay purchase of

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6277-1

I've been waiting almost 2 years to get this set and have never found it at a good price. Finally purchased it (shipped) for about $130 which is what I was hoping to pay almost 2 years ago so never thought I'd get it at this price again. The seller said some of the bricks are yellow so it's not the best of conditions, but its complete, has instructions, and mainly I want it for the little merchant sailing ship.

I have all 12 officially released min figure scale Lego pirate ships, and I've been needing this little guy to be able to say my pirate ship collection is complete. Can't wait till it comes in the mail!

I had to post this here even though its not a huge steel, but my girl friend would never understand and I'm sure many of you on here can relate to my excitement :)

**EDIT**
    http://brickset.com/brickLists/?5954
    Here's a list of the pirate ships in case anyone's interested...
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Made another great deal on Dutch Marktplaats and just received it by mail. From the the Castle Fantasy Era the 7048 Troll Warship for €43,00 including shipment !!

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7048-1
    wow that's a nice set.
    Just to complete my perivious brag. I finally sorted out all the lego in the 2 boxes and came up with this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6993259624/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6993259906/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7139346177/

Well pleased for 20quid.
    Just gotta try and id the set the HP stuff belong to found some printed brick.
    Also have some parts of the ATTE set.
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 158
    Just paid $755 for:
    - 257 custom Spartans and Chinese, Vikings - soldiers, archers, and cavalry
    - 1423 custom helmets (crusader helms, dwarf, viking, spartan, Arabian, Elvin)
    - 762 custom weapons (hatchets, falcatas, spears, phasors, Khopesh, trident, scourges)
    - 493 shields (I was able to identify as Knights Shield from Brickforge)
    - 6 Chariots
    - 6 Trees (from set 10193)

+ The guy sent me nearly two full sandwich bags of custom figures, weapons, and accessories for free.

If you do much dealing with customs, that's around $2,500 - $3,500 value.

By the way, they were purchased on BL under custom items. Apparently not many go there since this guy kept lowering the price for me until he finally offered to sell the store out ;)

For photos, just visit my store on eBay.
  • tommyboatommyboa Member Posts: 36
    ^^Where you find that @Hob?
    local goodwill.
    Someone facebooked me as they knew i was looking for Lego and said there friend had some for sale, so snapped it up and there also may be more coming.
  • MarkeyMarkey Member Posts: 69
    I bought someones lego collection this weekend. There were about 70 sets in total.
    Very good quality, all sets were build. All I have to do is take them apart and give it all a good wash, as some sets were quite dusty. Here's a picture of a small selection of instructions. I paid €800 for the lot, it's a lot of money, but also a lot of sets!

• josecafejosecafe Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2012
    This was my haul yesterday at the Lego Store!
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^ Wow, you got the TC-14 for just buying 3 CMFs? That's a really good deal. Which store were you at?
    Bought a NISB Green Grocer for $500 shipped. :)
    ^ :O Jealous. Jealous. Jealous. Congrats and enjoy the build!
    edited May 2012
    ^ lol, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I cannot afford a set that price at the moment. Maybe sometime soon... Haha, so for now I will be jealous that you own a GG.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Gotta brag about this one I got today off Craigs list for $635.

10030 - USC SD. Assembled once. Box is stuffed up but all parts are present inside.
    10152 - Maersk Container Ship. NIB. Box has one "crushing" crease on the back. Appears to be the 2004 edition.
    10040 - Black Sea Barracuda. Box opened but all parts are in the origional bags.
    7664 - TIE Crawler. Box opened but all parts are in the origional bags.
    4184 - Black Pearl - Assembled once without the sails.

Woo-hoo!
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    Just picked up an used 10190 Market Street thru Craigslist for US$80.

Missed a few parts and no box. But I m glad I just caught the ad while shopping with my wife.
  • zjygkmattzjygkmatt Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2012
    Im a sucker for polybags, found these in a toy store on Friday. These are from 2010, which is weird because it was the first time seeing them there before. Oh, they were also buy one get one %50 off
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 866

Missed a few parts and no box. But I m glad I just caught the ad while shopping with my wife.
    That's amazing. I'm pretty sure that's what I paid for it when it was released. Hopefully the replacement parts won't be too expensive.

• bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    The major one is the light pole. And then. A few 1x2 and small part after the initially check

Plan to take it apart totally and rebuild and see any additional parts need.

That's amazing. I'm pretty sure that's what I paid for it when it was released. Hopefully the replacement parts won't be too expensive.

Lego robot 8547 for £4 not sure if it's all there, but can't complain about the price.

Does any one know where I can get some instructions for the robot featured on the Lego website there is some on the site but It doesn't appear to be the same one.
    001.JPG 293.2K
  • PepperPepper Wisconsin, USAMember Posts: 91
    Nice finds latley!

@Bluefox1966, you can find many instructions here: http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/BuildingInstructions/default.aspx
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Craigslist 45 bucks. F430 spider sealed, ferrari victory opened but sealed bags complete.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    @jocappy WOW!! Gratz!! LMK if you don't need anything in lot lol
    @pepper thanks for the info but I still can't find instructions for this model
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263

I almost called on it but had spent a lot on 4th at Lego Store. If you are re-selling it pm me.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    We picked up http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6243-1 put together, missing 1 minifig, and a few minor parts we had in bulk, and http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=6455-1 misb, plus http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=40017-1 misb at a toy store for what we thought was a fair price.
  • PepperPepper Wisconsin, USAMember Posts: 91
    @Blufox1966, did you search for mindstorms in the theme selection place?
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    @Blufox1966: The Alpha Rex instructions are available through the nxt software. If you have the CD, install the software and there's a panel on the right called "Robo Center" which has building and programming instructions.
    You can find a download link from Lego, here: http://service.lego.com/en-us/HelpTopics/default.aspx?questionID=2655
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Small brag today, got 2 sets today delivered home which are according to Bricklink together some €90,00. I paid €55,00 so kind of pleased with them.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=4886-1
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7079-1
    Yah guess who was waiting for me at my door this morning!

So I guess I missed the topic of the R2D2 posters being limited edition and NUMBERED right?
    @dsdg88 many thanks. Downloading now.
  • muffenmanmuffenman Member Posts: 75
    Just snagged many bargains best has to be: 9494 STAR WARS LEGO SET ANAKIN'S JEDI INTERCEPTOR - Brand New sealed £27.10 Free P&P :)