Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The "May the Fourth" Promotional Item 2012: Chrome TC-14 Minifigure

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,976
    I put my two up for sale on Bricklink, I used their sale value to convince myself to spend more than I should...
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&itemID=109282&advOpt=Y&sz=25&searchSort=P

Can I assume that is the proper listing on Bricklink for the TC-14?
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    I picked up quite a few of the TC-14's and will be selling them for $50 when the time is right.....thinking end of this year.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,976
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,012
    Just had an email from TLG to tell me that my R2 (ordered 12:10am on the 4th!) is out of stock and my card will be authorised shortly, but not charged until it is sent. How could the TLG get it so wrong on the quantities, especially when it was showing as in stock at the point of ordering for me, then take 4 days to tell you it's running late and then not provide an anticipated date for it to be sent? Not too bothered as long as I get my TC-14, but for some this could have been a birthday present.
    ^ Thanks for the info...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,764
    Bricklink is crazy some times. Having two listings for the same thing, calling it both a set and a minifigure is stupid. If they insist on having two categories for the same thing, then they need to have the equivalent of symbolic links so if you list or look in one place it appears in another.

It's good to see UK sellers are pricing them at twice the price of the cheapest US sellers!
    I'll be selling mine when the glut of them have been resold, at least 6 months down the line, will make most of my orders placed very heavily subsidised. Does anyone think we'll get our TC-14s attached to out of stock orders sent out now, or with the item when it is back in stock? On my R2 order, it is awaiting stock, but the TC-14 and Tie/Poster are still "in-process"
  • pantboypantboy EnglandMember Posts: 211
    @monkeyhanger my R2-D2 ordered at a similar time to yours and also now out of stock the TC-14 and mini tie/poster are showing as shipped on the 7th, so yes i think they are shipping the freebies straight away, no tracking number though, but i suspect they will be sending them via normal mail rather than courier.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    We were at our Lego Store on the 5th to make a return and were told they sold out on Friday evening. They were not sure if there were any in the order for Monday and were swamped with customers so had no chance to check while we were there. We bought ours on the 4th.
  • DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    Hm. My VIP-account has been updated... to the same status as it had before my order. Totally incorrect. I'll give them a day or two to correct it before I call the customer service.

My order has been shipped yesterday morning (with my Imperial Shuttle + freebies), so everything seems to be in order there.
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    I ordered R2-D2 on May 3rd, after people reported getting the promo stuff added in. I also bought a few CMF7. I am getting a partial shipment, but I can't really figure out what it is. When I look at my order status, it says that R2-D2 and the CMF have shipped, but not TC-14 and the poster. My credit card was authorized, but hasn't been charged. The package doesn't weigh much, so I am thinking that my R2-D2 is backordered too.
    So for those who are getting a backorder R2 but the freebies seem to be getting posted straight away - would TLG insist on their return if you cancelled the order after receipt of your TC-14 only to reorder R2 to get a free Hulk after May 16th? Seems sly, but tempting, considering something that was in stock when ordered is now out of stock I feel I have been messed about a bit. Did they not have any R2 stock for online orders? Was demand really exceptional for this relatively small UCS product?

Nochange on my VIP points yet either.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    One of my orders included an in stock item and a back stock item. In stock item shipped. TC 14 will ship with back stock item.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    Still in process for me....
    and my brother who ordered his Imperial shuttle on saturday afternoon is on backorder....
    They also told me when I talked to them yesterday that they would not make the same mistakes as last year with both minifigures and sets quantity...well...will see about that ;)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Both my orders are showing as shipped now - apart from the pick a brick bits.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Imperial Shuttle and VW Van both shipped now with TC 14 with each. Originally it said May 24th for IS. Happy!
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Not a big deal but 3 of my orders were shipped by FedEx while the last one is shipped by usps. Didn't realize Lego used both, perhaps whichever best suits a specific packages weight and dimensions?
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    Also it probably depends on where you live, being in the Midwest all my [email protected] orders ship via FedEx and originate in Mississippi.
    My UK orders are being posted by the home delivery network. They are awful, claim attempted delivery all the time when they haven't even tried, even at my place of work which is open 24/7.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,150
    Sorry, I doubt TC-14s will hit 50 anytime soon. Im pretty sure the ARF trooper has not come near than since it was released last year after the market was saturated with them... maybe ARF will hit 50 this year, IF LEGO does not release more.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    Is the ARF trooper chrome as well? Or is that "regular" plastic?
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Sorry, I doubt TC-14s will hit 50 anytime soon. Im pretty sure the ARF trooper has not come near than since it was released last year after the market was saturated with them... maybe ARF will hit 50 this year, IF LEGO does not release more.
    Already have a few buyers lined up overseas for $50. God bless the weak USD.

• DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    2 of my orders shipped with the TC 14 on back order. Weird.
  • LovaqueroLovaquero Member Posts: 23
    The big different between the ARF and TC-14, being the Chromo, may drive TC-14 higher in price as quantities thin out.

I give it another 5-7 days before eBay and BL both are swamped with TC-14's.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,379
    @AvengerDR- ARF trooper is not chrome, but rather "shadow"... in other words, just your regular plastic, but the all black look makes it a little shiny.
  • LovaqueroLovaquero Member Posts: 23
    @ALL - regarding your orders - don't stress! LEGO takes good care of you, even if the online system is junk. All you ever have to do is call 'em up and ask and they will give you the most current info on your orders.

BTW - want to see something fun for online status? Order the MBA2-6 or MBA7-9 'kits' and see what the system does to your online order status:

• GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 259
    My NL order of one 10212 IS + poster, mini TIE, and TC-14 is also still 'In Process'. It's almost as if they use a global ordering system.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    My TC-14 was cancelled. Any idea on when they'll be getting more?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Received my "May the 4th" shipment today. It included the SW MF, poster and TC-14. Ironically, the only thing that arrived in good condition was the TC-14 (it's hard to crush a polybag). The MF was completely smashed on one end due to Fedex mishandling. It's the first time I've ever received a Lego [email protected] box in bad condition. Lego uses a thicker cardboard shipping box than Amazon, so Lego items tend to arrive in better condition. I contacted Lego and they are having me return the MF and sending me a new one. I was told the posters are gone, so I am out of luck there. Oh well...I was really wanting the MF and TC-14 and I will be getting those eventually...
    edited May 2012
    I think the TC-14 minifig has far more desirability than the ARF, that's got to help prices. It has the chrome finish, it has some OT crossover (other silver finish *PO series protocol droids are in the OT), and currently there's probably fewer of them been handed out. Who really cares that much about ARF as a SW character? You probably won't see $60/£40 this side of Christmas domestically, but if TLG dont dump any more on the general population then I think it has far more potential than the ARF to appreciate in price.
    Brickbuilder: Cancelled? Did you cancel the order that would've got you one, or did Lego, rather than back order (if whatever it was you ordered was out of stock).
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    First order arrived at my office this afternoon. TC-14 in there and the R2 poster.

Poster is stamped as "Limited Edition - 15,979 of 48,480"

I wonder if that give us a production run on TC-14 as well ;)
    48,480 seems like such an odd number to print on there...
    edited May 2012
    Seeing as you got a poster with every SW order (according to the postcard "rules" of the promotion that weren't followed to the letter), having 48480 posters in circulation doesn't necessarily mean there are that many TC-14s in circulation (as you had to spend £50/$75to get one), but still makes me wonder how many there actually are.
  • fyrmedhattfyrmedhatt Member Posts: 128
    My second order made on the evening of the fifth has shipped, but it appears the TC-14 minifigure is not being shipped with the order, even though it was on the order. It seems that Lego has completely sold out of the figure.

I don't really care as I just got my first order with TC-14 included, but I'll call Lego to make sure that it wasn't as error tomorrow. If they wont give me one and still do more promotions with the TC-14 figure (like with the Shadow ARF last year) I'll be very upset though...
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    ^Any promotion could likely be tied to how many get sent back from LEGO Stores. They may just be out of them in warehouse locations.
  • wRuBwRuB Member Posts: 86
    Unlike most of you, my PaB was sent out first. Bank holiday in the UK, but I guess it's coming from Germany or somewhere in Europe. Rest of my order was sent out today. No news of my 2nd order yet, which was made late on the 5th!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,150
    People are also assuming this is it for the TC-14. I doubt it, Anything is possible but I am going from the experience of the ARF trooper, yes I understand it is not chrome but it still was an ' exclusive' figure but was constantly re-released by LEGO for promotions..
    Also it should be interesting as Im guessing right about now, maybe yesterday, people are getting the majority of their TC-14 figures and most likely are going to start listing them on eBay and BL.

Time will tell I guess.
  • ptericpteric Member Posts: 156
    My r2-d2 and IS arrived today each with poster and tc-14 very cool!
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    I've never seen this promo before, says 2012. How do you get it?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=160795808678
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    ^ that's just some crummy custom fig.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Ah, my bad. I noticed he is also selling the Hulk promo minifig(which isnt out yet, right?), so I thought maybe this was something that also had yet to come out.
    I should be getting 3 of my 6 orders today it seems. The parcels have tracked to a local depot and are on a van at 7:37am this morning. Fyrmedhatt - have Lego cancelled your TC-14, or do you think they just didn't want to delay your order by waiting for it and it will follow later?
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    I got it I got it I got it! Yay! Yodel came to my door literally JUST now. I opened the box just to confirm everything was in there and it was! The poster's a bit bentish but everything else looks just peachy.

(just for reference I got two small HP sets, a Marvel set, a SW planet, a series 7 CMF, the poster, tie fighter and chrome TC 14).

Now all I have to do is resist opening the actual Lego to build until tomorrow evening... have an exam this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon! But the Lego is calling me...
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    ^ Also for some reason my poster is in French? Maybe because I have a Canadian billing address? Strange though 'cause everything else came in English... Anyway, my poster number is 18,874 "sur" 20,398.
    LegofanTexas: The freebies attached to my R2 order (which is delayed due to stock issues) have shipped according to a Lego email notification (I know they're attached to this order as the invoice has £149.99 against it).
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    I just received all my order, except the TC-14 that should have come with the PAB order. Anyone in a similar situation? It appears to have been shipped separetedly (if at all).
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    @AvengerDr My TC-14 has definitely been shipped separately to my Pick-a-brick order (which is yet to ship).
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,764
    ^ & ^^ PAB orders are send from a separate place, they never (hardly ever) come with anything else ordered from lego.com. I've had must be 12 PAB orders now, they have always come by themself.