Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Customized Mini figure ideas as Mascot/Representation

CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
edited May 2012 in Building and Techniques
I been thinking about a project in which I want to make a customized mini figure representing my county Pakistan. Not exactly represent, but I am thinking a mini figure with the right color scheme, holding a small flag in his/her hand. Hope it makes sense. Attaching a picture of my country's flag just to help get some suggestions from my brethren here.

Comments

• Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    edited May 2012
    The colour scheme would be green and white, right? In order to reflect the colours of the flag? What flesh tone are you thinking of using (i.e. are you happy with standard Lego yellow or are you after a more authentic skin tone)

Are you looking for pre-printed bricks or are you planning on painting bricks/printing on them yourself?
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Green and white yes and I will be happy with the standard Lego yellow skin tone.
    For pre-printing could be cheaper as to paint myself. Or I can go for Decal. I need suggestions.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    I'd suggest decals to make it look more realistic. :)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    White trousers, green shirt. Print a custom decal star and crescent using waterslide decal paper (check ebay) and you are done.
    Wow, great idea @CCC and I did save a link for the decal thingy. How about making the mini figure holding up a flag of the country? Or some other accessory? Any ideas??
    A brown/black bar and a clip on white flag, again with a decal on it.
    Sounds good @CCC. Hope I am able to find some nice decal instructions.
  • Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
    This made me think of the Olympic opening ceremony where each country's team walks around the track behind their team captain/flag bearer.

Now if we could just get a full set together and and then we would just need a MOC of the stadium...it would look great. I've seen a stadium MOC somewhere recently we could use ;)
    I agree with you @Cam_n_Stu, also saw the stadium MOC somewhere but can't remember it right now. Thought the scale of that stadium was huge. Like 100's of mini figures could sit in the stand :)
    Mmhmm, saw the same thing :) Lovely isn't it @Cam_n_Stu.

And I cannot find instructions or information on how to create decals for the minifigures. Any suggestions??

Google lego waterslide decal. There is loads of information on doing it.