Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[USA] Summer 2011 sets in the US

paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
edited July 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Hi Guys,
I thought a thread about who is finding what new sets at *brick and mortar* stores might be helpful. In Pennsylvania, I have found 2 new atlantis sets over the weekend at TRU. These were the city 7985 and the deep sea raider 7984.

I'm REALLY looking forward to finding the alien conquest earth defense set, the new city/space crossover sets and the kingdom sets. So what is everyone finding locally?

Comments

• wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Nothing the the St. Louis area.....
  • mkoeselmkoesel USAMember Posts: 97
    edited April 2011
    Now I could just be remembering wrong, but I swear I saw 7187 and 7188 at a TRU last week.
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    @mkoesel: wish I would have seen those during the bogo 50% sale :) I won't be able to check for anything new until the weekend b/c the closest TRU is about an hour away :( The local walmart has been nothing short of abysmal when it comes to lego selection. I understand that TRU has exclusive rights to sell new sets first anyway, so it probably doesn't even matter.
  • LuciusMalfoy7LuciusMalfoy7 Member Posts: 107
    @paul88 - TRU does? Wow, didn't know that... Which is quite a dilemna, of course, because if you don't like getting LEGO online (or don't want to pay shipping) and don't have a LEGO store near you, you have to pay their markup...
    @LuciusMalfoy7: I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that I read that somewhere online. It would make sense, because I always see the new stuff appear at TRU at least a few weeks before other stores such as walmart or target (locally anyway). You're right though, then you have to pay the markup so it's a bittersweet situation.
  • LuciusMalfoy7LuciusMalfoy7 Member Posts: 107
    @paul88 - Yes, that's how they get you. It does make sense; I have noticed the same thing.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,044
    Both new Atlantis sets, the fishing boat, and all the PotC sets at TRU in Sterling, VA. PotC sets also at Target in Leesburg, VA.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    How much was the fishing boat?
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,044
    $16.99 for fishing boat
    $69.99 for Atlantis City
    edited April 2011
    Just to report pricing on what I found so far:

$69.99 on Atlantis city (7985)
    $29.99 for the deep sea raider (7984)

I actually thought the 69.99 might be temporary, I thought this set was supposed to be closer to $100. Maybe I'm just thinking of ebay prices though :)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I have Alien Conquest sets 7050 (Alien Defender), 7051 (Tripod Invader), and 7067 (Tri-Copter Encounter) in-hand. Ordered from TRU.com. Some pics posted here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sidersdd/sets/72157626465691383/

Will try and get a review for at least 7050 done tonight.
    7052 UFO Abduction is now available on TRU.com
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11486128
  • mkoeselmkoesel USAMember Posts: 97
    ^ Yeah, that's great to know but the OP was specifically asking about brick and mortar stores.
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, this thread was to be specifically for brick and mortar as the title says. Some of the alien abduction sets have been on TRU.com for about a week now, we're just trying to keep track of what summer sets are available offline.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Member Posts: 90
    Nothing yet in Hawaii, but we tend to lag behind the mainland US on receiving new product due to shipping :\
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Still waiting for TRU to carry Kingdoms on the shelves, haven't had a chance to go by there in a couple days though. I'll try to make it today, maybe they got it with their Friday shipments.
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 258
    I purchased 5770 Lighthouse Island today at a Toys R Us in the Dallas, TX area. Photo proof is included below.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g405/nicksbricks/lego5770.jpg
    That is not a bad price (just been on xe.com) I wonder what it will translate to over here...
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ No need to wonder, just change the $ sign for a £ sign, seems to be the way of things these days.
    Cool! That's one I forgot about, but definitely want :) Maybe next weekend I'll find this at the local (well, one hour away) TRU.
    ^^ Pity, I could have had 2 if it was a direct conversion...
    Hey Guys,
    I hit the mother lode this morning at TRU! I found all the new kingdom sets, all the city/space crossover sets, the lighthouse creator set and every alien conquest set except the mother ship ..but it may have been there, too, I was only interested in the abduction and earth defense sets. This was in Pennsylvania in the pittsburgh area. The alien conquest sets were up front near the doors with the POTC sets. I spent the mother lode, too LOL. I did control myself though and only bought the ones I really wanted. I'm hoping for another bogo 50% sale in the near future now that the new stuff has hit.
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    Has anyone seen 2521 Lightning Dragon Battle? It's supposed to be out in June, but all I have managed to find online is a single picture, so any information would be appreciated (price, release date, piece count, etc.).
  • fascistfigfascistfig Member Posts: 15
    I went to my local TRU yesterday and was told no central Florida locations had any Alien Conquest or the new Kingdoms. PotC sets were at a different display up front, and over MSRP.
    @fascistfig: sorry to hear that :( I would keep checking every week though. When I checked out, the main employee who handles lego was even surprised that they had gotten them in already.
    I went back today and confirmed that the mothership was there, too. I even saw the city harbour set. Put it this way: I don't think there is a summer set that this tru *didn't* have :) I'm so happy to have found these, especially the earth defense set. It's really a nice homage to the classic space sets.
    'Put it this way: I don't think there is a summer set that this tru *didn't* have :)
    Including Harry Potter?
    You got me there!!! No sign of diagon alley nor the midnight bus, sadly :( I should have specified that this was in regards to non-licensed sets.
    How about Hillside House - 5771? Anyone spot this yet?
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=5771-1
    @sidersdd: sorry, I can't remember if they had that one or not. It won't be until late this week or next weekend when I'm able to return to check.
    Sorry for not clarifying in my original post earlier, but to clear things up: I definitely saw all of the new summer sets for:

1. alien conquest
    2. kingdoms
    3. atlantis
    4. city/space crossovers
    5. creator lighthouse
    6. city including: speed boat, fishing boat, harbor, and power boat transporter
    note: there may have been more new city, but those are ones I remember for sure.
    Lego store in Tysons VA had all Atlantis, AC, Harbor, and Spaceport sets. Also, they had the lighthouse and all Kingdom sets but the blacksmith attack. Nothing so far in NoVa TRUs.
  • indy1973indy1973 Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2011
    And I think this was mentioned, but this seller is saying that the Lightning Dragon Battle (2521) will be released as a Toys R Us Exclusive in "middle to end June"...

http://www.bricklink.co.za/LEGOShop/product.php?id_product=2521

So is that accurate? Either way, I added an e-mail alert onto a "saved search" on my "My E-bay page", which frees me from the rumor mill! Yay!

Thanks for the info!
  • 50missioncap50missioncap Member Posts: 96
    I got the mill attack and the blacksmith shop at my TRU in Kansas City on Friday.
    edited May 2011
    @the_real_indy - Then it looks like I will be visiting TRU in June to check it out.

But I do question the accuracy of that site. I looked at the prices and they seem inconsistent. I know you can't just convert prices because Lego sells for different amounts in different countries, but this works out to being more expensive than any other Ninjago set that is currently out. That is suspicious because the picture I saw on other sites doesn't suggest that the set is that large, unless there is much more to it that is not shown.
    edited May 2011
    I think the LEGO Store calendar announced they are getting in over 20 sets tomorrow, the 10th, but no one there knows exactly which ones.

The [email protected] web site is listing most of the Cars 2 sets now, so that accounts for 12 or 14 of them...

Does anyone know what the rest will be?
    @the_real_indy, I'm guessing the Alien Conquest and Kingdoms sets were part of that "20+" originally, even though some stores are already putting those sets out.
    edited May 2011
    ^Yes, or maybe the rest of them are just the "DUPLO Cars 2" sets.

That would account for exactly 20 new sets.

We'll see tomorrow...
  • wolfgang514wolfgang514 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    Anyone know when the summer star wars sets will be available?
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 594
    edited May 2011
    The end of July is usually the target date. Some stores, like Wal-Mart or Target, may have them out a week early, but in general, Lego stores and [email protected] has them around July 26-28ish. I know for a FACT that I bought Slave I from the Lego store in Northbrook Court Mall on the first day that the employees put them out on the shelves. That was the 7/28/10.
  • wolfgang514wolfgang514 Member Posts: 3
    The end of July is usually the target date. Some stores, like Wal-Mart or Target, may have them out a week early, but in general, Lego stores and [email protected] has them around July 26-28ish. I know for a FACT that I bought Slave I from the Lego store in Northbrook Court Mall on the first day that the employees put them out on the shelves. That was the 7/28/10.
    Thanks, Lego_Lord_Mayorca. I was just wondering if there was any actual release date for the summer SW sets.
    Has anyone seen the Harry Potter knight bus, forbidden forest or hogwarts yet in U.S. retail stores?
  • dmm32552dmm32552 Member Posts: 47
    ^ I saw them as of last weekend at Target and TRU stores.
    ^^ They're in Canada already. I've seen them in a local toy shop and in Walmart. If we have them, then they have to be available already in the US, we never get stuff first.
    Dang, I was at a tru today but didn't check target. I figured tru would have them first but should have known better since target had the city space shuttle first when it came out a few months back. Thanks for the info!
    edited July 2011
    All right, at last, ALL of the dragon sets are now posted on Toys R Us, including 2507 Fire Temple, and the TRU Exclusive 2521 Lightning Dragon Battle!!

Most of the smaller sets like 2254 Mountain Shrine and 2509 Earth Dragon Defense are available for shipping in the USA right now, although the big red and blue dragon sets are still out of stock for the moment...

And I notice that the links that are supposed to alert you when they get back in stock do not seem to work right, since they did not alert me when the Earth Dragon and the Mountain Shrine came back in stock, but I trust that some eagle-eyed AFOL will announce it here as soon as they are available... just as soon as you get the Order Confirmation for your own loot, right?! ;)

Here is a shortcut to the TRU Ninjago page, so you can feed your addiction by "chasing the dragon" every few hours! =D

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11161920&s=A-ProductAge&pg=1

Also, they are still not in stock at LEGO Shop at Home, but here is the link to that page, so you can scope it out too.

http://ninjago.lego.com/en-us/Products/Models/Default.aspx#2521

Happy Hunting!!

Indy
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,111
    Does anyone know if the 3677 Red Cargo train set is appearing in TRU B&M stores yet?