Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Series 7 CMF found at Toys R Us

crosseyedpiratecrosseyedpirate Member Posts: 44
edited April 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I went to TRU on a lark today not expecting to buy anything but they had a box of the new minifigures on sale. They are $3.49 unfortunately. Bought 4 and got the Evil Knight, Computer Programmer, Tarzan and Daredevil. Anybody else finding them at any other stores yet?

Comments

• DonovansDadDonovansDad Member Posts: 19
    Nope, but ill be there in the morning with my kid to see if we can pick up a few
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    Fred Meyer in the Pacific Northwest has them as well. Starting tomorrow 10% off and they are $2.99
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    @crosseyedpirate where are you located? I have not seen any yet but if i get a chance i'll check this week
  • crosseyedpiratecrosseyedpirate Member Posts: 44
    This was the Danvers, MA TRU. They only had one box - the news on the front page reports finding lots more in Portland, ME.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Fred Meyer in the Pacific Northwest has them as well. Starting tomorrow 10% off and they are $2.99
    Are you serious? I went yesterday and got 12 for myself and no coupon to be found. Should of have waited. Oh well.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Got them to bring out a box for me to search at Rego Park, Queens, NYC TRU today... they were closing so it's all there except for a space marine/hippy/bagpiper... i hope =-) @legodad @bmwlego (who else is here?)
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    I picked up 4 (computer programmer, bagpiper, evil knight, and red riding hood) at the Caesers Bay TRU. They had about 10 fresh boxes there
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 762
    Thanks for the heads up @murphquake! Looks like I'll be stopping at TRU on the way home tomorrow!
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    edited April 2012
    @murphquake...you da' man! I'll be there tomorrow fighting off the hordes!
    Thx for the head's up.
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    Ugh, $3.50 each? I might just hold off until Wally-World gets 'em...
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Fred Mayer in University Place, WA has them now :). I picked up 10 packs, didn't try to figure out what was what, and got 9 different figures :)
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 269
    TRU in Robinson, PA got series 7 in today. About four cases were put out this morning.
    Thanks to @murphquake...I found them at my local TRU (Rego Park Mall, Queens).
    Hey Murph, did you hide them...'cause I looked around, saw some Series 6 still on the shelf and then looked around again and hiding behind some Duplo kits was the Series 7 box. Sneaky...;)

I have to admit, I feel it's my favorite series of the whole line. Great parts for customizing and just overall great characters! Series 6 and 7 really stepped up the creativity IMHO.

Got lucky with 16 blind picks (I suck at feelin' out the bags) and got 14 unique...

- The Valkyrie (great look from warrior face to opera singer plus love the helm and nice details on the body and skirt)
    - Bunny Suit Guy (Great headgear w/ears and love the little touch on the back showing that puffy tail graphic...;)
    - The Bride (I'm guessing her body and skirt are different than the table setting/cake topper Bride figure?)
    - Office Dork (love the mug and goofy smile)
    - Tennis Pro (always liked the 'Sleepy Boy's' wig. Works real well with this fig. Plus the headband a nice touch and cobalt blue racket).
    - 80's Rocker Chick (Hairpiece is great and love the white flying V. Pink lightning bolt on face a nice touch).
    - Swim Champ (Great new medal and ribbon piece. Even though simple enough, has a great look plus duel faced).
    - Tarzan (You get 2 knives and his trusty chimp sidekick Cheeta).
    - The Black Knight (Awesome fig.! Great detailing everywhere. From the Boar Clan I assume...love that shield graphic and his ebony blade!).
    - Aztec Warrior (The best head gear of any fig I've seen. Fabulous detailing. Another winner!)
    - Space Marine (The hits keep coming. Another great figure. Great dueled face with one having the visor down. Just in love with the armor. This is what's needed for Iron Man. Detailing on the whole figure is fabulous. If they ever do another ADU or Space Police...this is the prototype!)
    - Evil Kineval (Patriotic jump suit and helmet are excellent plus duel faced)
    - Little Red Riding Hood (the cutest figure and love the new basket).
    - Scottish Bagpiper (Another excellent figure with detail and great accessories. Well detailed bagpipe!)

Just missing King Neptune and the Hippie. Not bad for a blind pull (pattin' my self on the back). I had a little help from my boy...;)

Great series 7!

^ Forgot to add also got a free Creator mini Fire Truck set (when you spend over $30).
    oops totally forgot that I hid them and I completely didn't take the free set, though my buy was mostly games stuff with the sale and free Sun Block game...so i might not have qualified...I'll live. Grabbed the Ramses Pyramid for the tan baseplate and Race 3000 for the phone handles.
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 207
    Anyone know the target DPCI code for series 7 yet?
    edited April 2012
    ^^^^Oops, spelled Evel Knievel wrong.
    @murphquake...yeah, those games are great for parts. Was wondering, did you get a full set of figs. from Series 7. If you have an extra King Neptune and Hippie, I'd be up for a trade.
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 168
    Found Series 7 at Kmart in Redwood City, Calif. $2.99
    @legoDad I didn't, couldn't see spending almost 70 bucks for the set when they'll probably be 2 for $5 down the line, or regular price at the lego store. If I go by tomorrow and they have those I can scoop them up for you if you want, i'll be making an open and a sealed set anyway and didn't get the king yet.
  • byobubyobu Member Posts: 3
    Toys R Us in southern California has started selling them.
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    Series 7 is at TRU in Hawaii, but there's 3.99 USD, so I'll either wait for a sale or at least wait until the LEGO store gets them in store so I can at least earn VIP points.
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 279
    Dpci 204-00-0541
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Still haven't seen these in the Chicago burbs... I'm itchin to buy some! Refuse to pay $4 each at ToysRUs though...
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,297
    I found one picked through case of Series 7 in the electronics section at TRU in Phoenix AZ near Arrowhead mall. I love the employees. They are always awesome. I got 12 packs,
    I got 1 ocean king, 1 bunny suit guy, 2 evil knights, 1 bag piper, 2 hippies, 1 dare devil, 1 tarzan, 1 aztec warrior, 1 computer programmer, 1 galaxy patrol. I need a red riding hood. I can trade either 1 of the hippies, tarzan or dare devil for it. PM me if you want to trade.
  • waterclockerwaterclocker Member Posts: 3
    Found some at a Walmart and K-Mart last night. Two other Walmart did not have them though. They are starting to get out there now. Though some stores didn't ever have series 6 to my knowledge, so maybe they just don't carry the minifigs.
    according to target inventory checker I can't find them anywhere in the midwest yet. Anyone have any luck with a store near them showing anything other than "out of stock"?

http://sd.site88.net/t.html
    Dpci# 204-00-0541
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,376
    ^ I'm in TN, I checked yesterday and every store around me was "not available". Most of the stores here didn't get series 6 though so I'm not holding my breath.
  • evilempire22evilempire22 Member Posts: 31
    Found them at TRU in Minnetonka and Bloomington in MN.
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 279
    Target dose not set them tell next week 4-29
  • vedder1029vedder1029 Member Posts: 78
    Found them at Walmart last night.... Nice surprise! $2.97 USD
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    Ah ha! a local rival for buying stuff... makes a note...
    Now to decide to run out and look thru them or wait for ones priced at RRP......
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    For what it's worth, I've found that Target inventory checker to be largely unreliable. Obviously we all have our own experiences, but I'm at the point now where I don't even bother checking it. On several occasions it would say a particular store has the item, but no luck when I get there and ask. And also the other way around - it would say it doesn't have the item, but I go there anyway for other stuff and I'm surprised to see tons of it.
    Guy at the Lego Store pulled a new version C3PO out of his apron and handed it to me when I bought 3 of the Captain America sets explaining I was excited to get a gold head for my monochrome miniquin/minifigure project... Went to TRU to get Batski polybags but got a pair of Evil Knights and gave one to him... they finally got the boxes of S7 in stock the day before but aren't allowed to put them out or open them til next month, so he's the first on the staff to have any =-)

I had them get a box from the back and had first pick at it a week or so back, when I went Monday all they had left were only about 11 or 12 left, mostly Tarzan, Viking, Little Red Riding Hood and I think one was a Swim Champ. I ordered a full box from Amazon.fr (think it came to $121 shipped) so I'm not going to be getting any more at TRU prices til they have a sale.

Haven't seen them yet at Target.
  • evilempire22evilempire22 Member Posts: 31
    Ah ha! a local rival for buying stuff... makes a note...
    Now to decide to run out and look thru them or wait for ones priced at RRP......

I've already got my complete set and returned the extras to the store...

• DonovansDadDonovansDad Member Posts: 19
    Toys r us @ glen burnie mall in maryland has them out now
    I would've waited for the lego store to sell them, but I had my son with me and he guilted me into buying 5.... tarzan, little red riding hood,bag piper,and tennis player and tge aztec warrior
  • KernelPanicKernelPanic Member Posts: 12
    Stopped in Kennesaw, GA yesturday, hoping to find batman polys. No luck. However, they had 6 boxes of series 7 almost untouched. Picked up 15 of 16 plus some duplicates. Missed out on the bride as I didn't realize the viking had a slope for legs as well. They also had > 3boxes of series 6 and 1 box of 5. Got them at RRP as I had a coupon for 5 off and the check out woman found another coupon for me(I think she is in to the figs too).
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Got the Viking instead of the Bride as well... You're not the only one KernelPanic.
    Here here, shes not on the front of the package so I forgot about her!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,253
    I gave up running around like a crazy person trying to beat out others for Minifigs at a TRU for Lent.
    Since I usually want three sets I just buy a box from a seller on eBay. I can wait until the 2nd week in May for mine.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    I got the bride instead of the hippie... I felt the flower piece, looked at the box and saw the hippie, completely forgot about the bride until I opened her, but I wanted her more anyway so it was a win. Evil knight is my favorite so far, but that's only because I didn't get a space marine yet.
    I'm 4 for 4 including an intentional double pick of the Evil Knight to give one to a friend. I did feel through everything and here's my tips:

Hippie: The hair is the only one that goes down the back and has 2 prongs in front of the shoulders, plus the smooth headband is distinctive... feel for the flower stem but the flowers end up in the pamphlet in most.

Space Marine: The gun is the quickest and easiest way to find it, it has double barrels so it's not hard to distinguish. The Armor and Helmet aren't the dead giveaways you'd hope, the Evil Knight and Daredevil have similar pieces.

Evil Knight: The Shield is the easiest part, plus he has a roundish armor sandwich board. The shield is very thin compared to the Aztec or Viking, and is totally flat on the front. Also has a sword.

Bagpiper: A lot of stuff in here... the Hat has a little bump on top and is faceted in a few spots, but the Bagpipes are the easy one... once you find them feel the side with the chanters (the 3 sticks) they're quite obvious.

Swim Champ: a smooth round hat and the medal piece which is small... otherwise it's the least filled bag in the set, which makes it easy.

Nerd: look for the cup and the laptop which can be open or closed, feels like a big flat rectangle.

Bride: Slope brick and flower stem, plus the little tiara is noticeable.

Viking: Slope brick and sword and shield

Aztec Warrior: Big bulky helmet is very easy to feel.

Little Red Riding Hood: The basket is soft and rubbery. Her hood is also easy because it has a slightly triangular shape and fully enclosed opening on the front and bottom (That's my main way to distinguish headgear, are the openings full-circle or are they U or C shaped or otherwise)

Daredevil: Don't just grab the first helmet you feel, make sure there's also a hairpiece and you've got him!

Tarzan: The monkey is a little almost cylindrical guy but the arm sticking out on top is the giveaway similar to Sleepyhead's teddy bear. Also easy to spot the 2 knives on the sprue.

Tennis Player: Tennis Racket is very distinctive, plus has hair with a lot of texture.

Rocker Girl: The guitar feels more like a long stick with a pointy end and two prongs than anything else. Shake it to the bottom and you're ready to rock.

Bunny Suit Dude: Find the ears or even easier the Carrot and Stalk (feels like a long ridged cone and a rod with a forked end, respectively)

King Neptune: The tail is super easy to feel, but if you doubt it the beard and trident will easy your mind.

I had the opportunity to go through a fresh box and was only going to get a few so I was careful and figured out everyone in the case before making my picks. Went back and found it was down to about 11 packets and got 2 more without any mistakes so far.

Ok I'm done... FedEx just came with the 7680 Twilight I won on Ebay =-D
    -bill
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 613
    S7 is available now on US [email protected] Interestingly, they set the limit at 32 this time. That means you can order enough to qualify for free shipping!
    Yeah but it doesn't gaurantee a full set or 2. Nothing beats feeling up mini's!
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I've found that the current $10 of $50 works well enough, getting 15 figures to put it over $50. I think after the discount it was $2.82 plus tax each.
  • jlpythonjlpython ILLINOIS, USAMember Posts: 77
    I was at my local TRU yesterday, and they had 6 boxes of Series 7 in the aisle. I asked how much they were, and the guy told me $3.49. Long story short, the guy I asked happened to be the manager; I said that if I bought 15, and got the $10 off, they'd be like $2.82 each. He said that because they weren't considered a 'construction set', the $10 off $50 wouldn't apply. So we chatted some more, and I told him Target and Wal-Mart had them priced at $2.99 - so he sold them to me for $2.99! How 'bout that - TRU price matched for me! Never thought I'd see it happen - and I guarantee, that location will be my TRU of choice from now on!
    ^ Yeah but he's full of it, because the $10 off $50 does work on the CMF's.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    That's correct. Before taking my 15 to the register, I scanned on and it said "promo". The register took the $10 off automatically. A manager doesn't necessarily know ALL the inner workings of EVERY aspect of the store, he or she needs to be able to manage those that do.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,402
    It worked for me also. I bought 20 for $70 and the check out girl said they were included in the sale and she gave me a 10% discount card for rewards members and they came out to $52 and change after tax. I also noticed they RAISED the prices on their remaining series 6 to 3.99. Which seems a little silly.
  • jlpythonjlpython ILLINOIS, USAMember Posts: 77
    ^ Yeah but he's full of it, because the $10 off $50 does work on the CMF's.
    Interesting; here I thought the guy was being truly helpful and giving me a deal - in actuality, he got a better deal for the store with me paying $2.99/figure instead of buying 15 with the $10 off, which would have been a net of about $2.82 each! Crap. Oh well, either way, I still got my first Series 7 CMFs!