Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Horizon Forbidden West: Tallneck 76989 - Build Or Not?

BubbaBubba Member Posts: 53
I managed to get one of the Tallneck 76989 sets which were OUT OF STOCK very quickly after release. My question to all of you is should I leave the set alone , unopened and in excellent condition or open and build it? What are the chances that this set will be VERY valuable later on and if so then its best to have never opened it/build it. 

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,441
    If you bought it to build it, you should build it. 
    If you bought it to invest it, you should store it.
    madforLEGOFizyx560HeliportJ0rgenBrainsluggedbandit778vizzitorWesterBricksBubba
  • BubbaBubba Member Posts: 53
    I bought it to own it and now I'm not sure if I should build it or collect it 
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,287
    It's not up for retirement this year, and my take is that it is very likely to come back into stock again. (I've already seen it go in and out of stock several times.)  So I would say don't save it thinking that it's not going to come back into stock and be super rare because of limited sets.
    560HeliportBumblepantsbandit778vizzitorMr_CrossmadforLEGOWesterBricksBubba
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,450
    The fact TLG applied a slight price increase to the RRP is a very strong indicator that it will stick  around, probably for another year. I’m guessing you’re in the US but it’s been readily available in the UK for a while now, even before the price increase.

It’s a great set for display, and doesn’t take up too much room. I generally build every set I buy unless it’s a polybag or GWP I only have one of, so that my rule anyway.
    560HeliportBumblepantsFizyxbandit778vizzitormadforLEGOWesterBricksBubbaJern92
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 460
    I was in the same boat when I saw the price the Fishing Store was going for and asked the same question on here. Everyone's replies just made me think about why I got it in the first place; I like the look of it and it's a great Lego build. So I would say try to ignore the current stock levels, prices people set on Ebay or wherever, or speculating how the "Top Ten Most Expensive Lego List" makers on Youtube will drive up the price.
    Just make the set when you want and enjoy the build, like you probably planned to do when you bought it originally.
    560HeliportFizyxbandit778madforLEGOBubba
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,429
    It's a lovely build and display piece. I am a huge fan of the games so it's my set of the year
    Fizyxbandit778vizzitorBubba
    Thanks to all who took time to comment. Time now to open the box :)
    560HeliportThe_RancorBrainsluggedBumblepants
    So I started on the build and completed te base plate area and I've run into an issue. The vine you wrap around the traffic light keeps turning the light around (unwinding itself).  Thoughts?