Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Bricklink store "Bespoke Bricks and Blocks" 5% Discount

PetenatPetenat Member Posts: 13
edited April 2012 in Marketplace
Hi all
I have just recently signed up and been given the OK to offer all Brickset members a discount at our store

Bespoke Bricks and Blocks

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=PeteNat

Send me a message on Bricklink and I will be more than happy to offer you a 5% coupon

Thanks Natalie

Moved to Marketplace: YC 4-19-12

Comments

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,739
    Horray you have the parts I need expect an order soon :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,582
    I don't know if others do something similar, but one of the first things I do when looking at a seller is to look at rough prices for their sets. This is to judge what a seller charges to see whether they use reasonable prices. I normally go for bulk orders of parts, so it is important to know that prices are reasonable before investing time in looking through inventory. There is no point in looking through all their items if their prices are likely to be at the high end.

£9 for a 40028 Mini Hogwarts Express? It's in stock on lego.com for £3.99.

Unless you have some very specific parts that come up in a search, I would not look any further.
  • DaddyWhaleDaddyWhale Member Posts: 130
    I had thought about buying the seller's stock of 2362a, but did not because I live in the US. The price seemed perfectly reasonable to me for that element. The seller seems to focus almost exclusively on parts, not sets, and the parts prices and selection seem pretty good to me.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,739
    ^^No I had not thought of doing that. I will next time gives a good gauge. I was just looking for parts need 1040 white 2x1 which at 4p didnt seem to bad. I think they are more on [email protected]
  • PetenatPetenat Member Posts: 13
    I don't know if others do something similar, but one of the first things I do when looking at a seller is to look at rough prices for their sets. This is to judge what a seller charges to see whether they use reasonable prices. I normally go for bulk orders of parts, so it is important to know that prices are reasonable before investing time in looking through inventory. There is no point in looking through all their items if their prices are likely to be at the high end.

£9 for a 40028 Mini Hogwarts Express? It's in stock on lego.com for £3.99.

Unless you have some very specific parts that come up in a search, I would not look any further.
    It's a fair point - and not good business on my part as I bought them for more than £3.99. If you look at the average selling price on Bricklink I am only a little over but not a huge amount. But I really don't do sets.

Most, but not all of the parts I list are lower than the average 6 months sales average, however one should remember that quality and service are a large part of a good shop not just price.

Natalie

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    @Petenat - Allow me to apologize for the "marketplace editorials" above as they were, at the very least, improper. Since you've already responded, we'll let everything stand as-is. Thanks and good luck with your store.
    ^^yes sorry if it came across that way. I will still be placing an order. :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,582
    ^ I didn't mean to be mean by pointing it out. It is usually the first thing I look at. Common sets are very quick and easy to judge the prices of a seller, since I know the prices off the top of my head and sets are at the top in bricklink. There are usually enough sellers to pass on one if their prices are high.

It is a bit like shopping in the high street and seeing WHSmith. They occasionally have a bargain, but as they inflate the RRP of most of their Lego, I rarely go in.
  • PetenatPetenat Member Posts: 13
    A gentle bump for anyone who missed this last time

Natalie