Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,770
    41682 and 45677.
    AstrobricksFizyxWhyNotSmile
  • WhyNotSmileWhyNotSmile BelfastMember Posts: 6
    Anyone know what this piece is?
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Petaluma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 264
    There should be a number printed on the bottom that you can search for.
    560HeliportandheAstrobricksWhyNotSmile
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,855
    If you look on the back/underside of the part, you should see a small number. In this case, 93604. This is a Wedge 3 x 4 x 2/3 Triple Curved. It's in 7 or 8 sets in Reddish Brown. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93604&idColor=88#T=P&C=88

Best place to start typically is with the part number and then searching it on Brickset or Bricklink. 
    AstrobricksWhyNotSmile
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 685
    Is this anything official?

andhe
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 452
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,263
    Bobflip said:
    Is this anything official?

Yup.  Goes in the samurai headpiece for some of the ninja themed sets from the late '90s. An example set: #1186 Cart.  Part number is x60, Bricklink link can be clicked here.
    Bobflipvizzitor
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 685
    Thanks both! I'd searched 'antlers' and 'horns' but didn't think of using the singular, hahah. Nothing else to do with that theme in the box either.
    vizzitor
  • Knighthawk215Knighthawk215 OrlandoMember Posts: 3
    I’m hoping someone can maybe help me identify what set this is from. It doesn’t really have any unique pieces, but has a little cubby where like a box or something might slide in. It came in a bin of loose bricks, most of which were from sets from the mid 2010s. There’s a second chunk of bricks of similar construction that I’m guessing is from the same set.  Reverse image search hasn’t been of much help. Thanks!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,775
    @Knighthawk215 I think its #70808 Supercycle chase judging by the 1x2 grille brick, the 1x6 light blusih grey tile and the 3x1 curved slope.

Bumblepantslessjunkfood
  • Knighthawk215Knighthawk215 OrlandoMember Posts: 3
    Ah yeah, I think you are right. How did you figure that out? Is there a way to search by multiple parts at once?  

Also sorry, I thought I was in that thread. I hit create new from that thread, but apparently that doesn’t work? 
    andhe
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,271
    Ah yeah, I think you are right. How did you figure that out? Is there a way to search by multiple parts at once?  

Also sorry, I thought I was in that thread. I hit create new from that thread, but apparently that doesn’t work? 

To reply to an existing thread, use the Leave a Comment edit box at the bottom of the thread.
    andhe
    Yes it's in the search function under a 'Appears in' tab. You can search three parts (I couldn't seem to add any more that that) and their specific colour.

I did have a look at the instructions (linked in the Brickset database) but couldn't immediately see that part of the build. 
  • AJRDLawrenceAJRDLawrence UKMember Posts: 62
    So I have worked my way through the entire job lot box and identified pretty much everything apart from one minifigures.

It was in a mixed lot of DC/Marvel sets (the three star Wars sets were missing...) and I can't place it.

Presumably someone will recognise it. I think they also had some Harry Potter sets too so that yellow bolt, if it does indeed belong with the minifigure, could also be magic.

• AJRDLawrenceAJRDLawrence UKMember Posts: 62
    bandit778 said:
    So I was almost right... Both Marvel AND magic haha. Cheers. Unfortunately there was nothing else in the job lot box relating to that set. Thanks again.
    bandit778
  • sonofrich2sonofrich2 NAMember Posts: 17
    As there isn't a design I'd number stamped, is this from sets #6162 / #6163, with element number of #4497482 ? Or is from set released prior to 2007?
    ^ The only other set that came in according to BrickLink was #852676.
    rd1899
  • sonofrich2sonofrich2 NAMember Posts: 17
    Thanks.  I had thought a part this size by 2007 would have the design number on it.  As this does not, I was thinking it was from the 70's or 80's
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 422
    It look likes Body part, right Leg. 
    560HeliportBumblepantsandheAstrobricksSwitchfoot55LegoPosi
    edited July 21
    It look likes Body part, right Leg. 
    Har de har har har ;-)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,352
    One of those custom bits originally made for the Cars theme I think.
    edited July 21

Usually there should be a serial number underneath on these large parts.

rd1899
    One of those custom bits originally made for the Cars theme I think.
    andhe said:

Usually there should be a serial number underneath on these large parts.

Hehe! I almost fell for it too :D
    Sorry didn't realise this had already been answered.

560Heliport
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 873
    not sure of the best keyword to use

Bush? shrub? Monster hair?
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 532
    You have a 15068pb010 - a reindeer back from #10245 Santa’s Workshop.
    gelksterAstrobricksrd1899
    edited July 28
    Thank you! Keyword was "fur" 🙄🙄🙄

Found in a $10 bulk lot. Several sets in there but too much missing from each. However, most of the sleigh is there (partially seen in pic 2) & many dk green parts; I may try to build & see how close I can get on it.
    If you find a couple of those reindeer, their backs and eyes will triple your money.  If you find most/all of the Workshop, that's $$$.  Either way, $10 is a fantastic deal.
    gelksterSwitchfoot55
    edited July 28
    I got hold of it earlier this afternoon & only had a couple hrs to scan thru & see what jumped out- Friends sets, stickered parts from Freeco Speeder & Hulkbuster, ONE orange part from #60036, etc. But fingers crossed for the Workshop!
    560Heliport
    @gelkster If it's complete and you're not intensely interested in the Workshop and maybe want to consider a trade of some sort, I might be in the market. 
    edited August 3
    @gelkster If it's complete and you're not intensely interested in the Workshop and maybe want to consider a trade of some sort, I might be in the market. 
    Unfortunately this was a total mix of at least a dozen sets; none of which were even remotely complete. I got most of the sleigh & about half a reindeer was present. I didnt even bother trying to make the Shop. 

My guess is the original owner sold similar bulk totes & the involved sets sadly got separated & dispersed.
    gelkster said:
    My guess is the original owner sold similar bulk totes & the involved sets sadly got separated & dispersed.
    It breaks my heart when this happens.
    Fizyxrd1899gelkster
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 988

Based on the molding around the “base” I’d say no.
    Modeltrainman
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 988
    Based on the molding around the “base” I’d say no.
    Figured, thanks! it doesn't seem to fit LEGO.
  • LegoDude72LegoDude72 FloridaMember Posts: 4
    This Darth Vader torso has a grey button on top of the red and I cannot seem to find a torso like it.
    This Darth Vader Torso has a small grey button above the red instead of blue or green. Can you help identify what version this is? Thanks
    The only Vader torso I can't fully see is sw0117. So, in theory, it's possible it's that one? Is it possible the blue or green faded a bit on that button?
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,232
    Or maybe the blue or green didn't get printed? (If the blue or green would get printed over grey.)
    Switchfoot55
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,770
    Or maybe the blue or green didn't get printed? (If the blue or green would get printed over grey.)
    I think this is most likely. The blue and red are overprinted on light gray or white, so either the blue has worn away or wasn't printed in the first place.
    560Heliportandhe
    The torso does not look worn at all so I'm guessing its a misprint. Is there any way to tell what set it came from, I bought it in one of those bags from a flea market.
    edited August 17
    There are only a handful of torso prints that match the other design layouts. You can review them here: 

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=973ps7c01&in=S

Looks to be about 11 potential sets it could be from. (Though there are some additional "gear" items that it could also be related to)
    LegoDude72
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,388
    It looks like the original one just missing the blue print.
    Switchfoot55andhe
    Thank you guys for all your help!
    Switchfoot55
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,028
    It's certainly old because they don't have neck prints for head alignment any more.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 796
    Any help identifying these would be appreciated. I searched Bricklink and I have major eye strain.

• vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 219
    5 is the scientist from monster fighters. #9466
    gelkster
  • jason1976jason1976 LondonMember Posts: 287
    1 is https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb2704c01&ccName=6185330#T=I&C=11 from https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=col17-16#T=I

@flord if you haven't already tried, Google may help - I searched for that for ages on bricklink, trying frill, tie, suit etc as key words, then typed "Lego torso with frills" into Google and it was first image!