Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mini Figure display board

CaptainBackfireCaptainBackfire WhiteleyMember Posts: 8
Hi, 
I am debating making some of these to sell to those that collect mini figures. Do the sets come in a certain amount of figures per series? I am trying to workout how many spaces I should cut out for the figures. That way I can maximise the size of the display.
Assuming it all goes to plan I might do a competition to win one!
Thanks all for your help. 
Ant

Fizyx

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,484
    Newer collectable series have 12 figures, past have had 16 or more. But this type of frame would not hold their accessories or odd shaped figures.
    CaptainBackfireFizyxAstrobricks
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,047
    It does look cool but as @ccc says there are too many odd shaped figures around and those with accessories, so people are likely to be annoyed if they don't fit!

Pop round sometime and take a look at the variety of figures in S1-S22 to see what I mean :-)
    CaptainBackfiregmonkey76
  • CaptainBackfireCaptainBackfire WhiteleyMember Posts: 8
    Huw said:
    It does look cool but as @ccc says there are too many odd shaped figures around and those with accessories, so people are likely to be annoyed if they don't fit!

Pop round sometime and take a look at the variety of figures in S1-S22 to see what I mean :-)
    Thanks Huw, 
    I will take you up on that sooner rather than later. Perhaps you could help me refine the smaller details. Could go for a simple box or an arch but still within the greater shape of a Lego man.

Ant
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,047
    Sure, drop me a PM. Be good to catch up after so long!
    CaptainBackfire
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,484
    I don't think they would be that good for the CMF anyway. One of these on their own looks good. 20+ of them and they lose their impact and would probably cost a fortune.

However, it would look great as a display for monochrome figures and they are all the same size and no accessories. 
    andheCymbelineCaptainBackfire
  • CaptainBackfireCaptainBackfire WhiteleyMember Posts: 8
    @CCC I need to work out the sizes first and then what material is best. Ply or mdf. I am going to offer the option to personalise them with a persons name or the set name etc.