Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I built #75220 Sandcrawler, filled it with the Jawas and droid from #75198 Tattooine Battle Pack and the Jawa from #75271 Luke's Landspeeder. I also added Artoo and Threepio from #75228 Escape Pod into the windowed area, flanked by a pair of Jawas. The photo doesn't really do it justice, but it does look quite ominous up close and the different heights and shapes of the characters really plays out well.
I also built the Dewback from #75228, which was complete, but the escape pod had two pieces missing - a light grey cone piece for the rear engine, which I substituted with a dark grey one from my parts bin. I'm surprised I didn't have a spare in light grey considering I've bought 64 sets since January but it will do for now. And the nose cone was missing too, so I substituted that with the cockpit from the #75295 Millenium Falcon microfighter which I never assembled because I only got it for the Han Solo minifugure.
I truly underestimated just how many sorting containers I would need (I did know it would be more than five, but it just got ludicrous):
But finally I managed to finish it:
It's a great castle considering the instructions were free. There's a fair amount of detail, but it doesn't open up. I bought extra minifigs to make it look more alive.
Now to tidy up all the extra pieces, and find somewhere to display it!
My #75259 Snowspeeder is MIA, it was posted Monday and should have arrived by Thursday, but now it's Friday and I'm still empty handed, so I revisited #75301 Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Starfighter, reverted it back to stock (again!) and applied a few subtle tweaks.
I had inverted the guns to push the dishes out before, and the inlet T and red manifold cover tweaks as well as a spare sticker sheet, but I really wanted to try and fix the fragile nose from bending or breaking off, and improve the appearance of the cockpit. I took inspiration from #75218 X-Wing Starfighter for the 2 Dark grey triangular vents for the dash, which was easy, but dropping the computer panel needed a modified plate which went up, not down, to avoid catching the legs. I think it is probably due to this model being a bit smaller. I also swopped out the little 1x1 plates at the front of the cockpit for 1/4 Circle tiles to have more room to manoeuvre the hands. It's really simple but effective in giving more space. One other thing I did to improve colour accuracy and robustness is to swop out the white 1x6 tiles on the sides to 1x6 tiles, allowing a bit of red to bleed in.
I went through a number of renditions on improving the strength of the nose to stop it bending or breaking, and after much trial and error, the simplest option is usually the best! But as I had inverted the bendy plate to move the pivot internally, instead of externally, it meant replacing one of the brown technic 1x1 hole bricks with a spacer so they don't collide.
Once that was done, the fix for the weak nose was really simple - I removed the green 1x1 round plate from the nose, the 3x2 tile and a jumper, and used a 1x4 tile to bridge the gap and reinforce the nose and it really does make quite a lot of difference. I finished off by capping the red bricks with 1x2 tiles to give the illusion of everything being normal when reassembled. It meant altering the spacing of the jumpers slightly as I had to make room for the computer display bracket too, but everything lines up fine and it's much, much sturdier than stock!
I've tried adding in a fire extinguisher, but there really isn't the space without removing some bricks from the rear of the cockpit assembly unfortunately.
I'm still hoping my #72529 Snowspeeder will turn up today, but if it was going to arrive late, it would have done so on Wednesday or Thursday already, doh! Fingers crossed!
I built mine last night too. It was fun. Only problem was trying to figure out the best spot to put the flame stickers on the flaps because of the raise printing in the plastic. I do want to change the dark azur angular plate that holds the curtain piece to a white one because it just looks bad from the outside of the build, makes the window frame look wonky.
Gooseberry Falls State Park, in northeast Minnesota, on Lake Superior.
I want to visit every Minnesota state park. 50+ so far, only a dozen or so left!
Last but not least, I had completely forgotten about the Speeder bike and scout trooper from #75320 Hoth Battle pack which was never assembled and had been parted out into various freezer bags. I would have preferred it in brown for Endor colours, and I'm not sure why it's a different design to the one that was recently released and included with the #75288 AT-AT, but nevertheless it's here now.
Owen says, "Forget this: I'm outta here!"
"Look, bub, I got a mutant healing ability. I don't need no flippin' shot."
"Sir, it's company policy; everybody gets the vaccine."
"I said I don't need no shot!!"
"...I hate my job."
I bought this set specifically for this trip because I wanted to build it outdoors in the sun. Luckily, the weather cooperated!
The water cannon on the truck has a range of just over 5 feet/1.5 meters.
Sail construction this weekend.
On the catapult I switched out the silver wheels; mine are currently on a really cool Tiny Turbos cop car, & I subbed in am odd tan wheel to make it look like orcs scrabbled it together.