Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your Top Five Sets Collection Valuation Growth?

12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,099
Looking at my sets' collection valuation, I filtered by growth percentage of the sets I own.  Here's my top five:

 
AstrobricksKungFuKenny

Comments

  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,228
    edited April 3
    Thanks for pointing out that we can do this. Very illuminating!
    However, it’s a little confusing. Notice in mine, the Snowglobe GWP is shown with two RRPs, $9.99 and $29.97 (because I have 3), and the BL price is apparently multiplied by 3. 🤔 But of course I got my three of them for free as GWPs, so the increase is actually infinite! :D

    KungFuKenny
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 789
    edited April 3
    Is this a feature on Brickset? Would need to keep such info away from the wife otherwise she'll be wanting me to sell some of my favourite sets!
    MaffyDKungFuKennygelksterlegomental
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,017
    Yes. Go to https://brickset.com/profile/listpreferences/ to enable the additional imput fields, then the page https://brickset.com/mycollection/sets/valuation/ will be linked to on the My Sets page.

    You can view the valuation report without enabling the fields but it will assume everything you own is new.
    KungFuKennyLegoDad42monstblitz
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,606
    wow, I have a bunch of bat lords, but they are all used
    1265
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,463
    Wow.  My collection is - assuming those figures are ballpark-correct - worth 50% more than I paid for them.  Wish my savings had done the same over the last 10 years.
    KungFuKenny1265legomental
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 789
    Huw said:
    Yes. Go to https://brickset.com/profile/listpreferences/ to enable the additional imput fields, then the page https://brickset.com/mycollection/sets/valuation/ will be linked to on the My Sets page.

    You can view the valuation report without enabling the fields but it will assume everything you own is new.
    Well a lot of my collection is still in sealed boxes! Might have to pop the seals on some, like Brick Bank, before the wife finds out their value!!
    1265
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,228
    Too bad Darth Revan doesn’t show up in my list; presumably because it has no RRP in the database.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,099
    Thanks for pointing out that we can do this. Very illuminating!
    However, it’s a little confusing. Notice in mine, the Snowglobe GWP is shown with two RRPs, $9.99 and $29.97 (because I have 3), and the BL price is apparently multiplied by 3. 🤔 But of course I got my three of them for free as GWPs, so the increase is actually infinite! :D

    I can see it being confusing if owning a set received as a GWP or buying at a lower RRP can skew the numbers.  This can be true for even buying a set over RRP.  Nonetheless, many GWP sets are assigned a RRP so I should of stated growth over set RRP.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,099
    PJ76uk said:
    Huw said:
    Yes. Go to https://brickset.com/profile/listpreferences/ to enable the additional imput fields, then the page https://brickset.com/mycollection/sets/valuation/ will be linked to on the My Sets page.

    You can view the valuation report without enabling the fields but it will assume everything you own is new.
    Well a lot of my collection is still in sealed boxes! Might have to pop the seals on some, like Brick Bank, before the wife finds out their value!!
    I've been collecting for around 25 years, with several dark years, but collect sealed sets. It's amazing how the costs of sealed sets have gone up much like other older toys.

    Off topic.......my personal best toy purchase was back in 2001 when I purchased a sealed 1976 electronic Tin Can Alley rifle and target set with original store purchased receipt.  This set is special to me since I received this set as a child during Christmas 1976.  Of course I don't have my original set, but was happy to pick up a MISB set.  It was my favorite set along with the Mattel Vertibird. 
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,099
    Too bad Darth Revan doesn’t show up in my list; presumably because it has no RRP in the database.
    Wow....I had no idea what it was selling for.  I have one set, but that's nuts.
    Astrobricks
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 942
    I had no idea this existed. Thanks for sharing. But I guess it depends on NEW vs OLD...is new only regarding sealed? I mean, I bought everything new, so it was new when I said I owned it on Brickset, but to value it, technically should everything be considered used if it is open/sorted? So that's tricky.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,364
    Sethro3 said:
    I had no idea this existed. Thanks for sharing. But I guess it depends on NEW vs OLD...is new only regarding sealed? I mean, I bought everything new, so it was new when I said I owned it on Brickset, but to value it, technically should everything be considered used if it is open/sorted? So that's tricky.
    The higher “new” prices will be for sets that are still sealed and preferably have good box condition as well. If the set has been opened then the best you can hope for is a “used” price. Like everything there is a continuum meaning there’s a gray area between the two.  I see this a lot with Classic Space, Pirates, and Castle sets. If the set is used but the box, packaging, and pieces (including printed parts) are in excellent condition then you can value the set higher.
    FizyxLegoDad42Marshallmariopxchris
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,606
    all my chrome swords are badly used, so I guess my bat lords aren't worth much
  • LegoDad42LegoDad42 EarthMember Posts: 85
    Here's mine.
    Doesn't include the NYCC figs I have on card. They were free giveaways roughly going for like $800 to $1000 on up?

    1265
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 458
    Where is the data coming from?  The numbers don't seem to reflect actual previous sales.
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 458
    edited April 5
    ^ Ignore, I didn't understand the columns since I don't collect New sets.

    I do wish I had kept my chrome Stormtrooper though, I sold it sealed in 2012 for $14.
    Marshallmariopxchris1265
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 289
    I really struggle to open alot of the sets I have bought over the years. For me it's more of a perfect mint vs. used. I gotta say this thread is not helping me open any sets!!
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 367
    PJ76uk said:
    Is this a feature on Brickset? Would need to keep such info away from the wife otherwise she'll be wanting me to sell some of my favourite sets!
    I agree

    This is a very dangerous feature!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.