Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you buying right now ?

Comments

• WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 453
    edited February 20
    In the past few days I got great deals on eBay for two of my Wish List sets, now I will impatiently wait for them to arrive.
    #71741 Ninjago City Gardens
    #10275 Elf Clubhouse
    560HeliportBastyMarshallmarioKungFuKennySwitchfoot55
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,158
    Was it worth a trip to Scheels today? I think so.
    Switchfoot55AstrobricksWesterBrickskarritFizyxbandit778MarshallmarioKungFuKennyBrickdream10
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,736
    I mean, as far as I can tell from that picture, the Redcoats practically walk on water. At least at a rate of 2:1 over those stinky Bluecoats!
    pxchris560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,970
    I mean, as far as I can tell from that picture, the Redcoats practically walk on water. At least at a rate of 2:1 over those stinky Bluecoats!
    Fair observation!
    I think they're dancing a little jig, happy to be free of their glass prison and among friends now.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 881
    Hi, I am currently working on MOCs for a project over on lego World Builder. The project is called Buildovian Adventure, and I have mentioned it here previously.

I am looking for some advice on my project's subject matter.

Now there is a thing on World Builder called Pitch Fest, where world ideas are given the chance to pitch to The Lego Group and the world could become a new Lego theme, or a movie/TV show, game etc. It's sort of like Lego Ideas except you don't need to meet any threshold of supporters and, if selected, you basically do an interview with Lego employees. The applications for Pitch Fest begin in April of this year.

As apart of my Buildovian Adventure, I have three parts to the story. Buildovian Adventure, which introduces the characters and main conflicts/problems of the theme, Buildovian Treasure, which introduces a new location and 'problem' to be solved by the heroes and to beat the antagonists, and The Afolanian Affair, which I am working on now and continues the location of part one but with a new problem, namely the introduction of a neighbouring country to Buildovia called Afolania.

Now a quick run down of the plot for part three. The antagonists from previous adventures (Von Kaltenblock and Zargon), have manipulated General Von Barron (the bricktator of Afolania, although he is only a bricktator in that he's not elected leader, everything else is democratic and there's no violence or control of citizens etc. also yes, he is a cousin of Baron Von Barron) to invade part of Buildovia to gain the areas where Von Kaltenblock lives. The 'invasion annexation' part of the story is purely about Zargon and Von Kaltenblock trying to make personal gains at the expense of others.

In fact I add an Afolanian character who sees through their scheme and tries to maintain peace (which also allows me to further develop one of my main characters Princess Rachel).

Spoiler alert the invasion is foiled, and there is also no violence or military action, aside from a sword and pistol fight on a train between the main good guys and bad guys)

Now the heroes of the story split into two groups, one engaging in diplomacy (where I introduce more characters and some dialogue and humour, including The Legoland League which is obviously loosely inspired by the League of Nations) and the other stops the Afolanian airforce by humorously putting potatoes in the exhausts of the enemy aircraft so they can't start. Later the heroes are on a troop train and after some more dialogue and a sword fight on the roof of the carriages, the heroes just pull the coupling pin and send the bad guys sliding all the way back to Afolania, thereby saving the day.
    There is lots of Marx Brothers/Three Stooges humour throughout and the whole thing is meant to be only the seriousness of a Tintin or Biggles story. (speaking of which, I have characters inspired by both Tintin, and Biggles and his friends)

Now to get to the point, as we are all aware there have been some concerning occurrences between Ukraine and Russia these past few months, and recently Russia invaded Ukraine.

I would hate to go to all the trouble of making this project only for it to be rejected due to the world situation, despite my project never being intended to replicate or comment on current affairs and the Lego countries and characters being entirely fictitious.
    In fact I started this project long before any of the current situation arose, and was in no way inspired by it.

I have put a lot of time and effort into this and therefore I reach out to the Lego community for your opinions.

Do you think the idea is too controversial (which is completely unintended); and is it likely the admins/Lego Group (as this is intended for Pitch Fest) will reject my ideas?

Or is it still worth submitting? (if it is rejected on other grounds well that's rotten luck but there's no point if it will be rejected before I've even had a chance to 'pitch' it)
  • BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 881
    ^ Many apologies for the above post, I misread the title as what are you building right now?

I'm happy to remove the post but I don't know how to delete it.
    Modeltrainman
    After a whirlwind weekend, I had completely forgotten to check in at midnight for the March releases. I realized this morning that March was already here. A quick trip to [email protected] and I was able to pick up the Chip'n'Dale Brickheadz along with Woody & Bo Peep and Wile E & Roadrunner selections from the February release. 

Now to stalk discounts for the new SW helmets. It could be different this time around, but all of the past offerings have stuck around on local buy/trade sites. I feel confident I'll be able to get them all around $40 each if my luck holds out as in previous releases if I'm patient enough. 
    WesterBricksKungFuKennyBumblepants
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,141
    Ordered the Boutique Hotel, so Mrs Speedy can get the Jane Goodall GWP. Does mean I need to retire one of the modulars in my street though!
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 788
    edited March 3
    Ordered the Boutique Hotel, so Mrs Speedy can get the Jane Goodall GWP. Does mean I need to retire one of the modulars in my street though!
    Or start a 2nd street?!

560HeliportKungFuKennyCymbelineMarshallmario
    I didn't realize until after I'd left the store, but instead of $9.99 for the BAM 3-pack (item 6370475), they charged me $14.99 for a Castle Dragon (6370479). I don't even know what that Castle Dragon is! Or was... I did the Store Survey and explained this. I got the last Tumbler on the shelf!
    BrickchapBumblepantspxchrisMarshallmarioBrickdream10KungFuKenny
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 287
    Awesome Lunar Rover!
    560Heliport
    Awesome Lunar Rover!
    I built it last night! I definitely need the #60350 Lunar Research Base also. 
    The LEGO Store Manager emailed this morning that they'll fix the overcharge the next time I'm at the store- just call or email that I'm coming, and they'll take care of it. Well... that might be today! I might as well get another Jane Goodall GWP, right? #60350 is $119.99... I wonder if I can find something else to add... 🤔 😁
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,099
    Awesome Lunar Rover!
    I built it last night! I definitely need the #60350 Lunar Research Base also. 
    The LEGO Store Manager emailed this morning that they'll fix the overcharge the next time I'm at the store- just call or email that I'm coming, and they'll take care of it. Well... that might be today! I might as well get another Jane Goodall GWP, right? #60350 is $119.99... I wonder if I can find something else to add... 🤔 😁
    You don't need to add another item to qualify for the Jane Goodall GWP.  Adding a $119.99 set still qualifies for the GWP.
    Marshallmario560Heliportgmonkey76
    560Heliport said:
    I might as well get another Jane Goodall GWP, right? #60350 is $119.99... I wonder if I can find something else to add... 🤔 😁
    Not sure if this was sarcasm, but there's a "fudge factor" when you buy in store.  I asked the team member about it when I bought my Boutique Hotel, because it said spend $200 to get the taxi and the BH was $199.99, and he said there's a little leeway in the computer to account for that.
    Marshallmariopxchris560HeliportKungFuKenny
    560Heliport said:
    I might as well get another Jane Goodall GWP, right? #60350 is $119.99... I wonder if I can find something else to add... 🤔 😁
    Not sure if this was sarcasm, but there's a "fudge factor" when you buy in store.  I asked the team member about it when I bought my Boutique Hotel, because it said spend $200 to get the taxi and the BH was $199.99, and he said there's a little leeway in the computer to account for that.
    Well, it was sarcasm, in that I know I can find more LEGO I want! 
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,260
    There's a little leeway in the system, but not as much as I'd like. I was going to order 4 sets that totaled 119.96 and that wasn't enough. I had to change out one of my planned purchases for a different set that cost $10 more.
    560Heliportgmonkey76
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,241
    autolycus said:
    There's a little leeway in the system, but not as much as I'd like. I was going to order 4 sets that totaled 119.96 and that wasn't enough. I had to change out one of my planned purchases for a different set that cost $10 more.

There is 1 cent of leeway, in my experience.  xx.99 works, but xx.98 does not.  So basically if you have one set that is on the brink, then you can get the GWP, but if you put two items together, then you're likely going to have to get something else to push you over.
    WesterBricksKungFuKenny
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,141
    Visited Reading Brick Show today to support our friends Mike and Erica that run the show. Didn't manage to fill any gaps in polybag list, but found the only GWP taxi and the hotrod I missed out on for a price I was happy with.
    Few printed pieces to adorn my street and loads of minifigs won on FairyBricks tombola.
    560HeliportPJ76ukBastyKungFuKennyWesterBricksMarshallmarioLegoDad42
    I'm pretty sure you're going to get a ticket for driving with that sticker on your windsheild!
    WesterBrickspxchrisKungFuKennygelkster
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,334
    I love the keypad slope subbed in on the front.
    andheWesterBricks560HeliportKungFuKennyMarshallmario
    The parts are in mint condition, I don't think it has ever been disassembled.  Which means he built it wrong 30 years ago, and never corrected it. (shrug)
    560HeliportKungFuKennyBumblepantspxchris
  • AJRDLawrenceAJRDLawrence UKMember Posts: 46
    edited March 11
    So I cashed in 8000 VIP points for £50 off and ordered #21325 Medieval Blacksmith, my first ideas model and #76908 Lamborghini Countach, my first speed champions model. I also did a pick a brick order to try HylianWolf's rebrickable #75301 moc/mod.

I probably should have waited for the next double points event as there is no real rush, and I was really tempted by #21325 when it was on back order at the February double VIP event, but I figured I'd pick up the Jane Goodall GWP and use it's value as the discount.
    Switchfoot55BumblepantsKungFuKenny
    Logged into Lego at 9:30 this morning to see what was still left with the double points sale starting. I was very surprised at the amount of sets on my wish list that were available and the Jane Goodall GWP was also there to stack! Maybe Lego has figured out how to make enough GWP's to last the length of the promo. Bought the Supra and the Countach Speed Champions, both Star Wars battle pacs and some Duplo construction vehicles for my grand daughter to meet the promo limit. No stress at all!
    BumblepantsCymbelineKungFuKennyempire
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 367
    This should probably be on the great find thread maybe as I bought a bulk lot from Facebook from a desperate parent who was fed up with the amount of room it takes up in the kids bedrooms. 
    The advert showed around 20 boxes and a stack of instructions and container after container of lego and was what I thought a decent price.

Filled the car and got it home to find there are over 60 instruction books, 32 boxes and 60kg of lego in assorted boxes 

However having now started looking at it I take my hat off to people who buy in bulk like this and sort it

Seems an impossible task 🙄 and overwhelming 
    Suspect it will take me all year to do 

Considering sticking the whole lot back on Facebook marketplace and buying a boxed set or 6 instead 🤔 
    WesterBricksBumblepantsKungFuKenny560HeliportandheSwitchfoot55datsunrobbiegelkster
    If the Lego are in good shape and relatively clean it's great fun, an adventure, a treasure hunt. If they are dirty and you find a cat turd then your done, back to Facebook they go.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
    If the Lego are in good shape and relatively clean it's great fun, an adventure, a treasure hunt. If they are dirty and you find a cat turd then your done, back to Facebook they go.
    Lol
    Luckily no cat turds just yet and its clean apart from some dust and an 'I am age 8' badge so far but did another 5kg last night and it's very hard going. I think I've found some castle stuff and some Harry Potter though so ploughing through slowly and seeing what else comes to light. Not entirely sure on storage and whether I am going about it the right way at all though 
    This is about half of it. Just a little overwhelming (I expected a lot less when I collected it)
    WesterBricksMarshallmarioandhegelkster
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 159
    I enjoy digging through mixed lots of sets when I get them.  It adds a mystery/puzzle solving angle to the hobby.  Since you have a good number of instruction books on hand that will make sorting out the individual sets that much easier!
    legomentalgelkster
    That is a huge amount of Lego!!!
    I think that's a fantastic find! I'm one of those odd Bulk-Lot enthusiasts. I find the thrill of the hunt when picking through those bins to be quite the adrenaline rush. 

Maybe I need to get out more?

But seriously, take your time and don't worry about how quickly you get through it (unless your significant other is "encouraging" you to move faster). 

I start with any large pieces potentially still together or instruction booklets that may give an indication of what you have. Fine the one, two, or three sets that are most appealing and then start pulling pieces out for them. 

Depending on how you store your bulk bricks, have a few empty boxes and start your sort with big-picture categories: plates, bricks, vehicles, minifigs, stickered/printed bits, etc.... Then dive even further down the rabbit hole from there!
    WesterBricksKungFuKenny
  • RedronnieRedronnie London Member Posts: 13
    I am in consideration about the bonsai tree, it's £30 here but could I get it cheaper later? 
    I think that's a fantastic find! I'm one of those odd Bulk-Lot enthusiasts. I find the thrill of the hunt when picking through those bins to be quite the adrenaline rush. 

But seriously, take your time and don't worry about how quickly you get through it (unless your significant other is "encouraging" you to move faster). 

I start with any large pieces potentially still together or instruction booklets that may give an indication of what you have. Fine the one, two, or three sets that are most appealing and then start pulling pieces out for them. 

Depending on how you store your bulk bricks, have a few empty boxes and start your sort with big-picture categories: plates, bricks, vehicles, minifigs, stickered/printed bits, etc.... Then dive even further down the rabbit hole from there!
    How I store my bulk bricks? 
    Hmm 🤔 
    First dabble into random.bulk buying
    I don't have bulk bricks which is proving interesting as the significant other wants the coffee table back 
    Switchfoot55
    This is the bulk storage system so far
    On the second of the smallest boxes and think I really need to rethink this before I end up divorced 
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55Marshallmario
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,764

Hmm 🤔 
    I don't have bulk bricks which is proving interesting as the significant other wants the coffee table back 
    I'll suggest that you get a bedsheet and dump the parts on the sheet on the floor. It is a lot easier to find all the parts to a set if you can see all the parts, and it makes it easy to pack things up. 
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55lowleadlegomental

Hmm 🤔 
    I'll suggest that you get a bedsheet and dump the parts on the sheet on the floor. It is a lot easier to find all the parts to a set if you can see all the parts, and it makes it easy to pack things up. 
    This is a very good plan. All tips gratefully welcomed. I am following the advice of removing all chunks first, then all easily identifiable bits eg monifigures, plants, windows and doors, then bricks then plates then got tibs of anything else random but thats as far as ive got. I think I need to appropriate another room for it though as there are now serious mutterings about plastic and hoovers and 'how long exactly is this going to take before we get the lounge back?'  I don't want to admit that at current rate of progress this could be about 2 years 😀 
    I did find 1/4 of the parts for Harry Potter great Hall and the same for the whopping willow set last night. I'm very familiar with those sets so find it easy to spot the pieces. I think the quidditch set is also in there looking at some of the finds, then lots of Disney, friends and I think some castle pieces looking at them. I shall follow your advice and see if it's easier. I've been dumping a load on a tray on my lap in front of Netflix so far and picking through it! (There will be a complaint there's no trays left for dinners tonight as well!)

560HeliportSwitchfoot55
    I consider @datsunrobbie as one of the preeminent authorities on bulk brick purchases, sorting, and storing. The bed sheet may also provide a quick way to clear a space by simply pulling the corners together and relocating!

Looks like you've gotten a good start on things!
    legomental560Heliportdatsunrobbie
    @legomental...Best Bulk Storage System I have seen yet on Brickset! You should consider marketing it! Make sure no containers are the same shape or size! (just trying to be helpful)
    legomental
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 212
    I was hoping for Daily Bugle on my trip to Seattle this week but no luck. I had no problem reaching the GWP again though with a pile from my wantlist.  

560HeliportMarshallmarioKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • LegoDad42LegoDad42 EarthMember Posts: 85
    Working on a set I've let sit in the pile for a bit, the ISS...

autolycusKungFuKennySwitchfoot55
  • LegoDad42LegoDad42 EarthMember Posts: 85
    Cute micro/mini builds in Bag 1...
    KungFuKennyWesterBricksgmonkey76
    Picked up a bulk lot with #9474 Battle of Helm's Deep, and ordered a set of Muppets minifigures from MinifiguresPlus.
    vanvonfullWesterBricksSwitchfoot55KungFuKennyBumblepants560Heliportpxchrisgmonkey76
    Picked up a bulk lot with #9474 Battle of Helm's Deep, and ordered a set of Muppets minifigures from MinifiguresPlus.
    The Muppets defending Helm's Deep? Awesome! ...Or are they attacking? ;)
    pxchriskarritdatsunrobbieCymbelineKungFuKennyWesterBricksMarshallmariogmonkey76
    Well, I was at Walmart last night and finally saw a bin full of the new CMF series. As much as the full series would be fun, I limited myself to just 5. 

I nabbed the Chili Costume Fan, Troubadour, Snow Guardian, Figure Skating Champion, and Racoon Costume Fan. I may still end up going back for the Horse and Groom as well as the Space Creature. But I'm happy with what I got.

The Chili Costume Fan and Racoon Costume Fan both fit into the collection of Costume CMFs that I've been building. The other three will land in my Winter Village. 
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 851
    Lemme know when you tire of Helm's Deep & want to trade for it 👍🏻
    gelkster said:
    Lemme know when you tire of Helm's Deep & want to trade for it 👍🏻
    Will do, as soon as I get it all sorted. This lot is missing minifigures, but I think I have them from a previous lot. 
    Switchfoot55gelkster
    Just arrived from shoplego.com . My first Speed Champions sets. I could not resist the new 8 wide models. Couple of sets for my new grand-daughter and of course Star Wars!

KungFuKennyWesterBricksSwitchfoot55JudgeChuckempire
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,552
    ^Nice!
    I've also just recently got into Speed Champions. They'd never really been on my radar, as I was never taken by the 6-wide models and hadn't looked seriously at the new 8-wide ones, until a few weeks ago. I got the Ferrari 512M, Countach & Aston Martin sets from the local(ish) Lego store and really enjoyed them!
    Subsequently, I have added the Koenigsegg, Ferrari F8 Tributo, Lotus Evija & Mercedes sets. They really are fantastic models, with great builds and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next. I am wishing for a Lotus Esprit of some kind. Selfishly, I'd love an S4s in Azure Blue, as I used to own one in my younger days, before children, but a white S1 will do, I suppose! ;-)
    The only downside: STICKERS! Though I do accept their necessity!
    MarshallmarioKungFuKenny