Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BrickLink Designer Program

Comments

• ratical30ratical30 Utah, United StatesMember Posts: 19
    Just had my card charged for the Castle in the forest!  Wahooooooiooo!!!!!!  Container ships have landed!!
    Me too!!!! haha yesssssssssssss!
    OnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,260
    My Pursuit of Flight now shows as In Warehouse. My Castle in the Forest and Great Fishing Boat are still listed as Backordered. Glad to see some movement though! I assume I'll get updates on the other two shortly.

Now I just need to clear a shelf for a big surge in castle building and display. I have the blacksmith, 3-in-1 castle, Forestman's Hideout, and soon the BDP set all waiting to build!
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 513
    Just checked my orders and the Castle in the Forest and the Sheriff's Safe are "in Warehouse". The BnP's orders to finish my DYI Castle in the Forest are showing "shipped" though so I think it will win the race. 
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 858
    Starting to see my card get charged and one order has shipped! Ah, finally.
    KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,364
    all 4 of mine have been charged and 2 are shipped! Finally! :-)

Onebricktoomany
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,226
    Got my shipped notice today!
    Onebricktoomany
    Their processing is a little silly on mine. My 3 sets are spread across 2 orders. Pursuit of Flight and Castle in the Forest are in one order. PoF has shipped. CitF is in the warehouse. They really should have waited to ship those together! My other order is Great Fishing Boat. It is still showing backordered.

I will get them eventually. Not upset about it all. Just think they could have been more efficient with shipping and material usage if they had a slightly better process.
    Onebricktoomany
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 359
    And now mine have shipped also!! Just received the email...  So excited!
    autolycus said:
    Their processing is a little silly on mine. My 3 sets are spread across 2 orders. Pursuit of Flight and Castle in the Forest are in one order. PoF has shipped. CitF is in the warehouse. They really should have waited to ship those together! My other order is Great Fishing Boat. It is still showing backordered.

I will get them eventually. Not upset about it all. Just think they could have been more efficient with shipping and material usage if they had a slightly better process.
    For all we know, that was somehow more efficient (or cheaper) for them.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 942
    I just got an email saying my payment info needs to be updated. Even though nothing has changed since it was pre-auth last summer. The same card on file was just used to order other sets recently. Very peculiar.
    Sethro3 said:
    I just got an email saying my payment info needs to be updated. Even though nothing has changed since it was pre-auth last summer. The same card on file was just used to order other sets recently. Very peculiar.
    That happened to me a couple days ago as well. I called customer service and gave them the same payment info again and it was resolved super fast. Got a shipment notification later that day.
    KungFuKenny
    ratical30 said:
    Sethro3 said:
    That happened to me a couple days ago as well. I called customer service and gave them the same payment info again and it was resolved super fast. Got a shipment notification later that day.
    Same. When I've paid with PayPal they always re-verify after a six month window.
    I called them and gave them the same payment info I had (not paypal, just a debit card) and it seemed to go through. Just seemed silly since the card was clearly still active on their own website recently. But whatevs, I guess the set will be on the way soon.
    edited February 25
    Maybe they (or a bank?) treat credit and debit differently for some reason. I never had to resubmit my credit card info. My Pursuit of Flight sets are supposed to arrive today :)
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,280
    My Great Fishing Boat just shipped!
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennyOnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioautolycus
    My Great Fishing Boat just shipped!
    Mine too! Boat and castle will be here next week!
    KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,786
    Got one today
    KungFuKennyAstrobricksCymbelineOnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioautolycuspxchrisFireFox31
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 253
    Lego shipped my Castle in the forest the very day I got put on stand by.. Hope I have time to build it as I ordered it on my birthday as my present to myself, been a long wait but still so worth it! =)
    CymbelineMarshallmarioKungFuKennyautolycus
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,786
    Last set showed up today 
    KungFuKennyCymbelineautolycusMarshallmarioLegoDad42Switchfoot55FireFox31
    So glad to see my Castle in the First arrive! Worth the wait, if seems. I'll find out after building I suppose.

Now to wait for the second round to ship, and round 3 to start... Anyone heard an update on either of those?

KungFuKenny
    So glad to see my Castle in the First arrive! Worth the wait, if seems. I'll find out after building I suppose.

Now to wait for the second round to ship, and round 3 to start... Anyone heard an update on either of those?

No updates since Round 2 orders were opened. Round 3 is still slated for some time in 2022.

I also wonder if they will do a whole new cycle of these for the projects that were rejected in the meantime. There have been a LOT of projects rejected in the meantime!
    KungFuKenny
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,194
     I have waited so long for a good castle set. 

gmonkey76KungFuKennyOnebricktoomanyLegoDad42MarshallmarioSwitchfoot55FireFox31
  • LegoDad42LegoDad42 EarthMember Posts: 85
    Got in Pursuit of Flight...
    Another triumph by JKBrickworks!
    Looking forward to modding some WWII fighters for it (unless JK has instructions already for those?)
    And maybe mod it up per his instructions for a SW trench run.
    So many possibilities...
    Wish these had the more premium packaging and numbered like the Science Tower I got previously.
    No building instruction booklet.
    Uses QR code.
    I really love having the booklets.
    I fear this is gonna' be every set in the near future.

560HeliportEGRobertsCymbelineFizyxKungFuKennyOnebricktoomanyMarshallmariopxchrisFireFox31
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 373
    I received some of my designer sets yesterday: CitF, POF, and the safe. The boat and the bird scheduled for delivery tomorrow. 
    CymbelineOnebricktoomany
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 513
    The CitF and Sheriff's Safe arrived today in perfect condition! Woo hoo!
    OnebricktoomanyMarshallmarioKungFuKenny
    Where on bricklink can you find the instructions? I read that they are available for free to download, but I have yet to see that anywhere.
    Thanks!
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 215
    edited March 5
    Oops
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 788
    Sethro3 said:
    Where on bricklink can you find the instructions? I read that they are available for free to download, but I have yet to see that anywhere.
    Thanks!
    If you go to BrickLink and view the page showing the round 3 offerings just scroll down to view the archived projects. Then just select the one you want, for example Castle in the Forest, then on the right side under the project image it says "Lego Building Instructions" just click on "Learn More" and you can download.

Hope this helps
    Sethro3KungFuKennyMarshallmariostlux
    PJ76uk said:
    Sethro3 said:
    Thanks!
    If you go to BrickLink and view the page showing the round 3 offerings just scroll down to view the archived projects. Then just select the one you want, for example Castle in the Forest, then on the right side under the project image it says "Lego Building Instructions" just click on "Learn More" and you can download.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for that. That helped. I somehow missed that when trying to search for it.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,741
    edited March 13
    Anyone with the Castle in the Forest had issues with their stickers? Seen two people on instagram have misaligned/cut stickers. Which is disappointing considering they're technically the only exclusive part.

I downloaded the instructions out of interest and it gives you a new appreciation for the clarity of official ones. I've used studio to make some custom instructions and it is certainly an art getting them clear and looking good, and I'm sure they have a team of people working on them (and still makes mistakes). 

As much as I was almost caught up in the hype, also glad I've saved my money considering certain castle-themed rumours. 
    Bumblepants
  • Jern92Jern92 New ZealandMember Posts: 884
    My credit card finally got charged today! Hopefully this means the castle and kakapo are on their way.
    AstrobricksKungFuKenny
    I do not want to break the seals on my sealed 910001, so I went the bricklink the pieces route. I found around 1,400 pieces from my collection. The remaining 548 (173 elements) pieces cost me $140 shipped. 

For those that have not purchased from bricklink here are some pointers to get you started

1. Search for the set: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=910001#T=A
    2. Click on the set: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=910001-1
    3. Under My Wanted List click Part Out
    4. Next to Minifigs make sure you check "Part out as individual parts". This saved me $48 on this one purchase.
    5. Name your wanted list and click "Submit For Edit"
    6. Then you have a wanted list that doubles as an inventory. You can remove elements if you already have them.
    7. To purchase go to the main menu click on "Want" -> "Buy"
    8. Select your wanted list on the left and click "Apply" 
    9. Adjust any filters and click "Auto Select" -> "Start"
    10. Then click "Create Carts"
    11. Verify all the Carts before checking out as some times pieces are crazy expensive because of current demand for an element.
    12. Checkout.
    Here are the 1,400 pieces from my collection. This would have costed an additional $210, as currently to bricklink the entire thing (except the sticker) is around $350.

560HeliportOnebricktoomanyericbBrainsluggedKungFuKennyandheMarshallmarioPump
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 216
    Thanks.  I linked to your post in my How to cost effectively shop for parts on BrickLink thread.
    In that thread (or here), let us know how you efficiently removed the parts you had from the parted out want list which contained the entire set.
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 287
    @FollowsClosely Thanks for the tutorial! Nice of you to do that for those of us just starting to use Bricklink.

Dear FollowsClosely,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Parts/stickers replacement service targets mainly quality reasons such as missing or damaged element in a newly open set. So requesting extra parts/stickers is not included in this service. However, I also understand you've tried looking on BrickLink but to no avail. Therefore, Im sending you the stickers in Castle in the Forest 910001 set this once as exception. :)

This order number is 3014035227. They should be reaching you within the next 7 - 10 working days after order is ship out for delivery from our warehouse in Denmark. 

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

LEGO Survey link

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Gladys
    LEGO® Customer Service

Did You Know?
    Although the very first wheel was invented over 5000 years ago, the first LEGO® wheels were made in 1961.

560HeliportCymbelineandheKungFuKennyMaffyD
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,741

However, I also understand you've tried looking on BrickLink but to no avail. Therefore, Im sending you the stickers in Castle in the Forest 910001 set this once as exception. :)

Ha! Alternatively someone could print their own using the bricklink image.

That's nice and all from Customer Service, but also BS when someone else goes to ask and they get rejected. Pretty typical YMMV with LEGO. Everyone praises their CustServ team but it is really hit and miss.
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,098
    Sethro3 said:
    That's nice and all from Customer Service, but also BS when someone else goes to ask and they get rejected. Pretty typical YMMV with LEGO. Everyone praises their CustServ team but it is really hit and miss.
    It's hard to criticise Lego for only sometimes (if not frequently) going above and beyond what can reasonably be expected of them.
    Astrobricks560HeliportKungFuKennyiwybsautolycusMarshallmarioFollowsClosely
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,158
    ^I've never had an unsatisfactory result from Lego CS. And only a few issues over almost 50 years and more than two thousand sets. 
    FollowsCloselyKungFuKennyCymbelineiwybsMarshallmarioAstrobricks
  • PumpPump S.F, CAMember Posts: 2
    You're a life saver @FollowsClosely! Thank you!
    Prices for Round 3 are up!

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/introducing.page

1950's Diner is the cheapest of this round at $130. 5 of them are >=$300! The train station is $400!!

I was leaning this way already, but with the prices, I will just be getting Winter Chalet this round. I really enjoyed building and still enjoy playing with Pursuit of Flight and would love to see some smaller sets like that one again.

I also understand why the big sets keep making the cut. Fans love seeing all the detail crammed into those designs, and the corresponding piece counts require a high price tag.
    gmonkey76pxchrisandheKungFuKennyFireFox31
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,736
    Probably was a good idea to put a lot of the higher dollar amount sets together to even the playing field a bit. 

I would really love the Chalet. But, with a home build underway, disposable income is pretty low right now. Perhaps I can find a bulk lot with some gems to turn around and sell? 

Any idea when round 3 launches?
    KungFuKenny
    When can we buy?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,280

I would really love the Chalet. But, with a home build underway, disposable income is pretty low right now. Perhaps I can find a bulk lot with some gems to turn around and sell?
    Are you accepting donations for your Winter Chalet Fund?
    Switchfoot55autolycusKungFuKennyeMJeeNL
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,970
    I'm glad that the one I'm considering the most also happens to be the cheapest of the bunch.
    KungFuKennyMarshallmario
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 849
    Such a coincidence, today I decided to look at the Bricklink Designer page again since a long time, and saw the prices for the first time! I was expecting prices like these, but my wallet will be very sad if I end up purchasing some of them.

For the first round of Bricklink Designer program sets: Did everyone get their sets already? How much time was there between the ordering and receiving the physical products? 

I was too late for the first round, but managed to order a couple of sets from the second round (modular LEGO store, windmill and Venetian houses)

Which 5 sets will make it through this third round? My bets are on: the diner, modular construction site and the train station for sure. The other two I'm thinking are winter chalet and brickwest studios, just because I feel like the exploratorium, observatory and space trooper sets look too much like MOC's to me and I don't think there will be enough demand for the working waterfall although it's a very cool idea. 
    What a bummer of a round. I don't see anything there that I want.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,736

Donations are always accepted!

Maybe I can do some street performance during the summer to pad the budget!
    CymbelineKungFuKennyRussell844

Donations are always accepted!

Maybe I can do some street performance during the summer to pad the budget!
    I don’t want to speak for Russell, but I would legitimately throw $10 into the Switchfoot Chalet fund. You’ve contributed a lot to my enjoyment of Lego wintertide, and it would feel wrong to me for you to not have that set if you want it.

And no, still no hint as to when this wave will be up for order. It looked like all the designs are still in “test build”.
    Switchfoot55Russell844gmonkey76KungFuKennyeMJeeNLMarshallmario