Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• evanceltevancelt Boulder, COMember Posts: 124
    evancelt said:
    I mean, it is Duplo, but 😳
    Do you not modify your pieces? I like cutting them up, taking designs off, putting new designs on, etc
    I still feel deep guilt over scraping the classic space logo off a 3x6 slope back in about 1982.
    This is my favorite destructive custom creation so far: "interchangeable hat wig"

pxchrisiwybsKungFuKenny560HeliportSwitchfoot55gmonkey76LegoDad42
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,361
    edited December 2021
    evancelt said:
    I mean, it is Duplo, but 😳
    Do you not modify your pieces? I like cutting them up, taking designs off, putting new designs on, etc
    Just like everything else with this hobby, there are people at both ends of that extreme! There are some who feel that ABS plastic is sacrosanct and should never be violated… 🙂 While others believe that once you have bought Lego you should be able to use it in whatever way you see fit…There are threads on the forum of people who have tried melting and modifying Lego with various interesting results.

I think part of the reason that cutting and modifying Lego pieces bothers some folks is that Lego is a much more permanent/re-usable type of toy, and that you never know what you might need that one specific piece (unmodified) for in the future… (Although the answer to that could always just be “Bricklink!” )

560Heliportevanceltiwybsgmonkey76
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 500
    I also find that the limitations imposed by unmodified elements forces me to think harder and find alternate and sometimes even better solutions.
    BumblepantsevanceltiwybsKungFuKenny

I think part of the reason that cutting and modifying Lego pieces bothers some folks is that Lego is a much more permanent/re-usable type of toy, and that you never know what you might need that one specific piece (unmodified) for in the future… (Although the answer to that could always just be “Bricklink!” )

Good point! I definitely only modify pieces when I feel like I have an excess of them (see wigs above!)
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    "19 Redcoats"
    A variety of official TLG and third party redcoats.

cozypxchrisKungFuKenny
    "Military Academy at Fort Stockton, Wullham"

With the recent success of recruiting drives on the island, the Corrington high command has commissioned a military academy at Fort Stockton near Wullham. Candidates for admission must apply directly to the academy and receive a nomination, usually from a member of standing within the colonial armed forces.

Lieutenant Bollford rides a horse along the beach as a training officer leads a contingent of cadets back to the academy barracks after a day spent running drills.

--------

Built on DUPLO

560HeliportKungFuKennyGrannyLEGOarathemispxchrisPJ76ukSwitchfoot55GothamConstructionCoandhe
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio Canada/FranceMember Posts: 144
    evancelt said: I definitely only modify pieces when I feel like I have an excess of them (see wigs above!)
    But... But...  There are only a finite amount of those wigs that have ever been produced!  And you're destroying some!

Admittedly, that was a beautiful end result, but it's also heresy to cut pieces.  What a tough line to walk.
    evancelt
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,295
    @arathemis have you seen Galactic Empire? 
    JudgeChuckarathemisYo_dAKungFuKennybandit778
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 308
    My first MOC in quite a while, the Lush Cave!
    You can get the building instructions for free at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-95811/veyniac/the-lush-cave/#details
    Let me know what you think!
    PJ76ukericbKungFuKennyJudgeChuckAddicted2OxygenSwitchfoot55bandit778Mynatt
    "Corporal Hardy's Recurring Dream"

Hardy was haunted by a dream of a charge that had never happened.

In the dream, an Oleonese heavy lancer was charging at him and he was kneeling ready to fire his musket at the oncoming horse. He strategized that once the horse was downed, he would charge the cavalryman with his bayonet. He would wait until the horse was a cart's length from him and then fire.

3.. 2.. 1..

And then he always woke up.

PJ76ukpxchrisGrannyLEGOcozyKungFuKennySaminolegobricking_
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,166
    Are those kneeling legs actually Lego?
    Are those kneeling legs actually Lego?
    No way! The arms and legs are made by a company called CrazyBricks
    KungFuKenny
    edited December 2021
    Feels like there is always a little “cheat” in these :)

And somehow I completely missed the arms.
    Switchfoot55
  • SaminoSamino SomewhereMember Posts: 9
    A little music band I like to call 'The 5peaker-B0t Brothers!
    ( The two fellas on the sides are definitely Mixels inspired :D )

560HeliportSwitchfoot55AstrobrickspxchrisBumblepantsCymbelineKungFuKennyBrickfan50
    "What Happened Here?"

As Sir Humphrey removed his helm and studied the scene, he wondered to himself: "what happened here?"

PJ76ukGrannyLEGOKungFuKennylegobricking_
    It's a little late, but here is my 2021 MOC compilation. I didn't make quite as many MOCs this last year as I did in 2020, but the decrease in quantity came with an overall increase in size and quality!
    My most popular MOC this year by far was the Los Angeles-class nuclear submarine, but my personal favorite is King Tutankhamun's mask.
    Overall, I am satisfied with the progress I made as a builder last year, and I am looking forward to the projects 2022 will bring!
    BumblepantspxchrisSwitchfoot55AstrobricksgratefulnatJudgeChuckKungFuKennyBrickfan50Redronnie
    "A Malodorous Homecoming"

Lieutenant Ferguson of the 3rd Cavalry was on leave from Fort Caine and headed home to his cabin with his dog Hercules. He was pleased to see the hearth fire burning as he approached from the stream bank - his wife must be preparing dinner. He would surprise her.

However, as he got closer to house, he saw a black form scurry behind the cabin. Hercules made chase.

minifignickveyniacvizzitor560HeliportGrannyLEGOSwitchfoot55datsunrobbieKungFuKenny
    edited January 8

I finally finished my model of classic Doomguy! This was my first action figure-style MOC, and while it was a lot of fun to design, it took forever. I have a whole Stud.io file dedicated to backup versions of his various body parts that were too small or didn't look right, including no less than 5 iterations of the helmet.
       As usual, you can see more of the model and get the building instructions at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-97310/veyniac/classic-doomguy/#details
    560HeliportBumblepantsAddicted2OxygenModeltrainmanKungFuKennyempire
    "Land Ho!"

The call of "Land Ho!" had come from the crow's nest thirty minutes earlier - they were nearing El Oleonda.

As they approached the wild-looking island, Post-Captain Rittenhouse consulted a map and said, "We're just to the west of Fort Arltrees, Sir Jonathan. I'll signal to rest of the fleet to keep farther to sea as we round the next headland."

"Very good! Corporal Yeoman, head belowdecks and let the 26th Foot know our long voyage is nearing its end! Soon enough we'll bring the fight to the Lotii!", Brickleton replied.

560HeliportGrannyLEGOSwitchfoot55pxchrisPJ76ukKungFuKenny
    "Primitive Accommodations, Elizabethville"

The Duke of Hargyll had heard of the lush vegetation and good hunting surrounding Elizabethville on the island of Lacryma, and he endeavored to experience their wildness.

As nobles with quite sufficient means, he and the duchess set out from Belson for the colonies.

Upon arrival in Elizabethville, the Duke hired a carriage and guide to take them to the forest beyond the edge of the settlement. Around dusk they arrived at a small stone hunting shelter nestled among aspen trees. They would spend the night there and then set out away from the road on foot in the morning.

560Heliportrockethead26GrannyLEGOpxchrisFollowsCloselyPJ76ukKungFuKennylegobricking_
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,181
    Nice color palate.
    evancelt
    "Dockmaster's Office, Wullham"

Less than a minute's stroll from the bustling piers and factories that dot the coast of downtown Wullham lies the dockmaster's office.

Here the dockmaster manages the comings and goings of ships in port, and makes sure all goods entering the town are recorded in official manifests.

A personal dock is used when ships' captains want to call on the dockmaster. 

560Heliportrockethead26ericbBumblepantsFollowsCloselyKungFuKennylegobricking_pxchrisSwitchfoot55
  • legobricking_legobricking_ NetherlandsMember Posts: 2
    Hello fellow designers! I hope it's not an issue but I would like to present to you my new MOC that I also decided to post it as a Lego idea project, the "Vikings House" . What do you think?

The set is completely designed and rendered in Studio and for the first time, I used the Part-designer tool in order to add my own decals on some tiles!! Btw, this tool is really cool and easy to use!!
    I would really appreciate your support and feedback!Thank you!!  You can find the link and few pics below:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/3be15b2b-5679-46aa-a354-aaca8fb936b1

BumblepantsKungFuKennypxchrisPJ76ukbandit778empire
    "Fix Bayonets!"

Sergeant Kilherby eyed Private Upperton, who was lock-kneed and apparently daydreaming.

"Private, I said 'Fix Bayonets!'"

-----------------------

An outtake shot while testing out a new lightbox - thought it was salvageable
    560HeliportGrannyLEGO
    "A Game of Fetch, Altonia"

On patrol in the snowy mountains near the Altonian capital of Ulric, a grenadier plays catch with a lighthearted dog that ran down to the path from a cabin.

A group of dragoners (dragoons) draw their sabers in salute for grenadiere Major Steiner as they attempt to weave their way through the game of fetch.

---------------

Wanted to use the new hotel bellhop torso and dark orange horse for some cavalry. It's been snowing a bunch here in Colorado so I also wanted to take a stab at a snowy landscape. Ayrlego's recent Altonia figbarf inspired me to try my hand at some NPC troops!

Thought it'd be fun to play around with the legs on the cavalry to make a brick-built "saddle"

PJ76uk560HeliportJudgeChuckSwitchfoot55pxchriscozyGrannyLEGOKungFuKenny
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 345
    Saddles are impressive ,so simple but dismantling the legs could render them ineffective after. Motorbikes are similar but no stirrup to offer realistic stance, great trees too
    evancelt
    truck730 said:
    Saddles are impressive ,so simple but dismantling the legs could render them ineffective after. Motorbikes are similar but no stirrup to offer realistic stance, great trees too
    Thanks! I've never had issues removing / replacing legs on hips, but I'm sure they'd wear out eventually
    edited February 6
    How can I post an Instagram photo link without the image showing here? Spoiler reasons
    'The Choice' from The Book Of Boba Fett (spoilers)

link
    pxchris
    "Seawatch Reconnaissance, El Oleonda"

Newly promoted Major Brickleton had arrived just days earlier at Fort Arltrees on the island of El Oleonda. With him were multiple companies of 26th Foot and 18th Hussars.

After conferring with Colonel Wolf, Brickleton sets out with a company of 18th Hussars toward the Carno settlement of Seawatch. Reports suggest the town is under siege by Lotii forces and Brickleton has orders to confirm the veracity of those reports.

While the territory between Fort Arltrees and Seawatch is wild and mostly unexplored, the 18th Hussars, known as "The Lightfoot", are expert horsemen and navigate the terrain with deftness.

The group rides silently toward Seawatch, listening for telltale sounds of the enemy but thus far only hearing the occasional monkey in the underbrush.

Brickleton wonders to himself what they will find as they approach Seawatch.

GrannyLEGO560HeliportSaminogmonkey76PJ76uk
    Mini Redcoats

Switchfoot55Cymbeline560HeliportAstrobrickspxchrisPJ76ukvanvonfulleMJeeNL
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 345
    A great landscape ,the hands for horses is a stretch for me ,but everything else works to counter it
    evancelt
    "Arrival on Arlintina"

After being tasked by Brigadier Howe to establish a new settlement on Arlintina, Colonel Allcock headed east. Upon arrival at the southwest tip of the island, they spotted numerous coral reefs and the captain of the ship cautioned Allcock that moving closer to shore could be treacherous. So Allock and a small group of soldiers rowed basic supplies to shore and established a camp for the night. One of the first courses of action was flying the red banner of Corrington.

560HeliportCymbelinevanvonfullpxchrisJudgeChucktruck730Mynatt
    "3741"

"Standing For Portraits, Spudkirk"

Private Neville noticed Captain Hardy approaching the spot where he stood. Neville had been standing there for the past two hours while a local Spudkirk artist sketched his portrait.

"I say, old chap", the captain said to Neville, "You've found the best light in camp! Mind if I set up right here next to you for my portrait?".

The captain's portraitist began setting up his easel.

----------------

Trying out some 8x8 round tiles as MOC bases. Also trying some partially-erased TLG red arms for use on infantry and officers.

pxchrisSwitchfoot55
    "About Face!"

A study on coattails.

Stickers, UV printing, and cloth provide different effects.

GrannyLEGOPJ76uk560HeliportLo1sJesspxchrisSwitchfoot55
    ^ Love the tree and cacti!
    evanceltvanvonfullMynatt
    "Seawatch Comes Into View"

After two days of travel, Major Brickleton and his party of cavalrymen approached the Carnite settlement of Seawatch. Reports suggested the town was under siege by Lotii forces and Brickleton had orders to confirm the veracity of those reports.

Brickleton had the company of 18th Hussars dismount as they approached a low hill. Not far off they could hear the sounds of men at arms. Removing his bicorn hat, Brickleton approached the top of the hill and peered toward Seawatch with his spyglass.

Switchfoot55CymbelinePJ76ukGrannyLEGOpxchrisKungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,704
    @evancelt, another beautiful model! 

I've been assuming you are in a constant state of building and dismantling. But I figured I'd ask if all of these models end up staying together for longer than just a few days?

I love the palm tree on this one in particular. 
    evancelt
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 206
    @evancelt. I hope you are building book(s) as you go for your children and/or grandchildren.
    Switchfoot55evancelt
    @evancelt, another beautiful model! 

I've been assuming you are in a constant state of building and dismantling. But I figured I'd ask if all of these models end up staying together for longer than just a few days?

I love the palm tree on this one in particular. 
    Thanks @Switchfoot55

Yes I try to build at least one MOC a week. I used to take each MOC apart immediately to free up the pieces to make more, but now I've joined a local LUG and occasionally keep them around to show people in person. Also now that my brick collection has grown considerably I have the ability/disability to leave MOCs around so I can work on my next idea. This has led to a bit of a backlog in MOCs I need to dismantle... 7 at the moment! >.<

Lo1sJess said:
    @evancelt. I hope you are building book(s) as you go for your children and/or grandchildren.
    Great idea! I do have 3 little kids and I occasionally make them little Shutterfly books with the images. We have a calendar up with some as well.

However, most of the stories are being built for "Brethren of the Brick Seas" over on EuroBricks, where different builders all make MOCs to contribute to an ongoing story about pirates. It's open to everyone if you are interested in joining in!
    Switchfoot55pxchrisMaffyD
    evancelt said:
    This has led to a bit of a backlog in MOCs I need to dismantle... 7 at the moment! >.<
    A few scenes from the current backlog of partially-dismantled MOCs >.<

560HeliportCymbelineSwitchfoot55pxchris
    "Another Regiment Arrives, Spudkirk"

Soldiers from across the Brick Seas were converging on Spudkirk as Corrington prepared to bring the fight to the Lotii. From Spudkirk, Corlander forces would head to the island of El Oleonda.

As Private Turlington returned to his tent with a bucket of water from the stream, he paused to watch a column of newly arrived soldiers pass by.

Based on their green epaulettes, he knew the regiment joining camp in Spudkirk was the 47th Regiment of Foot.

560HeliportCymbelineGrannyLEGOpxchrisPJ76ukempireSwitchfoot55vanvonfull
  • empireempire BC, CanadaMember Posts: 69

Decided to whip up a MOC of the parts leftover from the Barracuda Bay set. The island that comes a part of the set is a mess, so I made a shack with a cannon tower. Theres a secret floor stash inside, and a skeleton getting drunk under the tower. 
    CymbelinePJ76ukBumblepantsSwitchfoot55vanvonfull560HeliportpxchrisiwybsYo_dA