Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Found Harry Potter Lego sets while cleaning out parents garage

CluelessLegoCluelessLego MDMember Posts: 1
edited January 2 in Marketplace
Hello, 

I know nothing about Lego but I was cleaning out stuff from my parents house and found these in the garage. I know Lego is collectable and so it Harry Potter so I figure they have some worth. What is the best route to offload them? Any experts can tell me rough estimate for worth? Anyone interested? They are in the original boxes. Unopened. Boxes are warped a bit. Some more than others. 

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,438
    You can search the set numbers on bricklink.com and click on price guide and get a feel for new and used listings. 
    CluelessLegomadforLEGO
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,032
    You definitely stumbled on a great find. Here is a quick rundown of what I found on Bricklink looking at the average 6 month selling price for NEW sets: 

#4707 Hagrid's Hut - $156.14 (2 sold in 6 months)
    #4706 Forbidden Corridor - $151.22 (1 sold in 6 months)
    #4702 The Final Challenge - $76.83 (1 sold in 6 months)
    #4701 Sorting hat - $46.05 (5 sold in 6 months)
    #4705 Snape's Class - $74.97 (4 sold in 6 months)
    #4704 The Chamber of the Winged Keys - $60.00 (1 sold in 6 months)
    #4709 Hogwarts Castle - $302.99 (2 sold in 6 months)

As you can see, there hasn't been a high volume of any of these sets selling as NEW in the last six months. Whether that is due to low demand or limited availability of these sets is unknown. I noticed very few new sets listed for sale for each of these, so perhaps it's just limited availability as many of them have higher USED sales. 

Total average is $868.20. 

You certainly could head to Ebay and do some research on average selling prices for these sets. Usually you'll make more selling individually, but may find it takes much longer than selling them all together at a discount. 

Hopefully some of this info helps you on your way!
    DoktorLMarshallmariomadforLEGOFizyxSumoLego