Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Where to Buy Replacement LEGO Boxes

ncbncb Member Posts: 5
edited May 2012 in Buying & Selling Topics
Good morning. Unfortunately our cold water storage tank sprung a leak last week and while we were pretty lucky that no serious damage was caused my sons boxes were. He is devastated by it. For a 6 year old he has kept his vast collection Lego city boxes safe and well organised. I have emailed Lego customer service but although I got an almost instant reply they cannot help.
Can anybody on here give me any advice on where I can purchase boxes. Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you in advance.
Ncb

Comments

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,764
    May be telling you the obvious, but the best place is likely: http://www.bricklink.com/
  • ncbncb Member Posts: 5
    Thanks princedraven. Its not obvious at all to me. I just buy him the Lego he (we) build it. That's as much as I get involved.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,764
    ^ Glad I could help then :)
    Depending on the age (and rarity) of the kits you may find some of the boxes are actually quite expensive, but good luck and hope you get what you are after.
  • DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    Besides Bricklink, there might also be some people here who can help you out. Post your location and what boxes you need, and who knows? :)
    Will do duchessa, when he gets home school I'll get him to create a list. There's dozens of them.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Hello ncb. I have some boxes in City, Pharoah's Quest and others. But its best to post your requirement here and we all will be willing to help you out as best as we can :)
  • AnseltheCatAnseltheCat Member Posts: 141
    The above comments are why I adore this forum. Although I don't have any City boxes I may be able to send a small care package of poly bags to lessen the blow a little if you are in the UK?
    Wow thanks everybody you are a friendly bunch. I've had a look on bricklink and while there is a lot of the boxes we need they're not from one supplier also I think I'd have to use every currency known and quite simply I could not warrant spending a hell of a lot of money on a box to sit empty. All his Lego is set up he just insists on keeping his boxes. Between us we have got a list of the wet and ruined boxes. Here go's. 7741,7942,7248,7286,7245,7632,7746,3178,7891,7899 and 7900 his favourite. Thanks for reading and thanks.
    Ncb
  • DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    @ncb - where do you live? There are people from all over the world here, but my guess is that it would be easier and cheaper to ship boxes in the same country (or at least same part of the world).
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    edited April 2012
    Well you have to respect a 6 year old that keeps the boxes. I maybe started keeping them when I was 8. To my amazement, Mum still had them stored away when I was 40! - sadly many eaten by white ants, but most were salvaged. I know how he feels!

I don't collect City but did pick up 7741 on sale (cos helicopters are cool), I hope I kept the box, will check.
    I'm in Nottingham england duchessa.
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    I am overseas, but I wanted to send you good wishes.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,572
    Im still looking for a way to replicate the LEGO Box trays that are missing from some of my late 80's, and 90's boxes.