Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 532
    edited December 2021
    Today’s status: waiting. I didn’t get anything Lego related for Christmas from my family, but I did get a digital gift card from my employees.

Now I have to wait patiently until the Chinese festival ice rink is released in the US next month, or the red Pickup Truck comes back in stock, whichever comes first.
    CymbelineOnebricktoomanylowlead560HeliportFizyxAddicted2Oxygen
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 711
    I spy Fiestaware canisters, my other vice besides Lego.  @KungFuKenny let me know how that Pinot Noir is.  I've had my eye on it in Costco but keep buying cheaper wines.
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 340
    karrit said:
    I spy Fiestaware canisters, my other vice besides Lego.  @KungFuKenny let me know how that Pinot Noir is.  I've had my eye on it in Costco but keep buying cheaper wines.
    Wasn't Fiestaware the stuff with uranium in it? :P 
    KungFuKennySumoLegogmonkey76
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,367
    karrit said:
    I’m excited to try it - the reviews mention notes of chocolate, blackberry, vanilla, and spices, which sounds pretty good to me.  The 2017 was a good vintage supposedly, so we’ll see…Now I just have to find a Lego set sufficiently sophisticated enough to pair with it!  Maybe I’ll rebuild #10243 while drinking it…
    Wasn't Fiestaware the stuff with uranium in it? :P 
    Maybe I like to live dangerously!  Actually they haven’t used depleted uranium for their glazes in almost 50 years.  Mine are much newer than that, so, alas, I do not glow-in-the-dark… 😀
    SumoLegoAstrobricksgmonkey76
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 215
    @Diamondback_Six yes I think uranium in one of the colors and lead and arsenic in reds in the original fiesta ware.  It was remade in the 90’s without the toxics but colors don’t exactly match.
    SumoLegoSwitchfoot55KungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,271
    The depleted uranium ones can survive a hit from a .50 cal ;-)
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 381
    edited December 2021
    Now I just have to find a Lego set sufficiently sophisticated enough to pair with it!  Maybe I’ll rebuild #10243 while drinking it…
     A perfect reason to open a good bottle wine, cheers to your health!
    ...and that Port wine looks pretty good too... need any help building?

KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,093
    And a Dr. Jones can survive a nuclear blast in a Frigidaire.
    Astrobricksgmonkey76560HeliportKungFuKennygratefulnatSeijiAmasawapxchrisdatsunrobbie
    SumoLego said:
    And a Dr. Jones can survive a nuclear blast in a Frigidaire.
    Put your Fiestaware in a Frigidaire and you’ve basically got your own Fort Knox :)
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76560HeliportKungFuKennySumoLegogratefulnat
    What if I had a depleted-Uranium Frigidaire?
    560Heliport
    @SumoLego you might be classified as a toxic and nuclear waste site🙃
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    Lo1sJess said:
    @SumoLego you might be classified as a toxic and nuclear waste site🙃
    But I would also be INVINCIBLE!
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76Marshallmario
    @SumoLego😁 yes you would!
    SumoLego
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 310
    Today I spent 2-3 hours making a single 49-piece submodel for an upcoming MOC.
    I hope it is somewhat recognizable; after staring at reference images all day I can't even tell anymore.
    BumblepantsAanchiriwybsKungFuKenny
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,353
    @The_Rancor Man I loved #6090! One of the last sets of my childhood. That baseplate was so cool. Loved the secret stair case down the right side. The chrome sword and crown was great too until it inevitably came off.
    The_RancorKungFuKennyGothamConstructionCo
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,233
    ^^ That red knight (on the brown horse) is one of the coolest Castle minifigs!
    KungFuKenny
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 988
    Blessed! God is so good! Casey Jr. hit 100! Maybe it never stands a chance, but if I don't try, I won't know what LEGO would say...
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55Redbullgivesuwind
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 340
    @The_Rancor Man I loved #6090! One of the last sets of my childhood. That baseplate was so cool. Loved the secret stair case down the right side. The chrome sword and crown was great too until it inevitably came off.
    True... if young me had known what adult me knows, I'd have hit every single printed piece with a protective clearcoat as soon as it left the bag.

Stickers... I wish we'd had affordable scanners and DIY waterslide decal printers; again, spraying a clearcoat after decal application.
    560HeliportEGRobertsBumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,353
    @Mr_Cross your photos are lovely, should make a front page retro set review. It deserves a bigger audience!
    Mr_CrossKungFuKennyiwybsandhe
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 451
    Under 4 hours until 5 4 3 2 1 Happy New Year. Refresh Lego.com. Add new sets to cart. Submit details and press confirm order.
    BumblepantsKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    Going through some kind of Lego building fatigue. Never finished the Home Alone house (got to bag 16 and stopped), built 3 sets for the kids over Christmas and haven't even been bothered to open the plain shipper box  containing my UCS AT-AT to look at the box art.
    560Heliport
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 465
    Going through some kind of Lego building fatigue. Never finished the Home Alone house (got to bag 16 and stopped), built 3 sets for the kids over Christmas and haven't even been bothered to open the plain shipper box  containing my UCS AT-AT to look at the box art.
    I can somewhat relate to this, I’ve built all of the Home alone set apart from the last bag, bag 24 (Tree house). Not sure if I can be bothered to build it or just stop and maybe build it at some unknown point in the future. 
    560Heliportmonkeyhanger
    Just a reminder that today is the last day to get your entry into to the Bendybadger BonusBall drawing for a Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber!

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/37648/bendybadgers-brickset-bonusball-bonanza-sumolego-lowlead-edition-drawing-12-31-2021#latest
    Speedman29Mr_CrosslowleadKungFuKenny
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    edited December 2021
    Today I took apart a GBC module which had been in storage. It was a bit broken, but I didn't expect this:

Switchfoot55Fizyxgratefulnatpxchrisandhe
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 465
    ^ looks like they were under quite a bit of stress 
    Fizyx
    Yes they were in storage for a year at my brother in law's house. I suspect he stacked something heavy on top of it.
    Fizyx
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 818
    Yes they were in storage for a year at my brother in law's house. I suspect he stacked something heavy on top of it.
    What were you storing it inside? I've had the majority of my collection in storage since just before we first heard of covid so I hope mine isn't in the same condition! All my built sets are stored in Really Useful Boxes so hopefully are protected sufficiently..
    Fizyx
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 330
    Basty said:
    I can somewhat relate to this, I’ve built all of the Home alone set apart from the last bag, bag 24 (Tree house). Not sure if I can be bothered to build it or just stop and maybe build it at some unknown point in the future. 
    @Basty and @monkeyhanger I've built Home Alone and built it all first time through and then rather promptly dismantled the tree house (Bag 24) and won't be rebuilding it. It is not only stupid but makes displaying the set even more difficult.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,620
    The 80109 Lunar New Year Ice Festival set is very nice surrounded by last years 80105 Chinese New Year Temple Fair market stalls. 
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
    edited December 2021
    Today's status: kicking myself.
    My BrickLink store sold an $80 set today, yay!
    But, I don't frequently sell sets, and for the last set I listed, I made it easier for the buyer by enabling an Instant Checkout with $15 shipping for sets.
    So, today's buyer only paid me $15 for shipping.
    This set is going to cost me $37 to ship, and that's the cheapest rate (FedEx). UPS and USPS were higher.
    560HeliportSumoLegoKingAlanIRedbullgivesuwindFizyxpxchris
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,284
    edited January 1
    Disappointed. Was building #10261 Roller Coaster the last few days, finishing it last night. I was using the digital instructions, so I hadn’t looked at the paper ones. There was a random 1x10 white plate missing from one of the bags. Turns out it had somehow been packed into the instruction bag. The 2nd instruction book has about 20 badly ripped pages because of it. Unfortunately, customer service says they can’t send a replacement book. First time they’ve disappointed me! Not a huge deal in the end, but I do like keeping the instructions and I try to keep them as nice as possible. I’ve even pulled random ones and thumbed through them.

But I’m also mesmerized from watching the coaster go round and round. Such a fun set!
    560HeliportAddicted2Oxygen
    edited January 1
    ^ odd that they can’t send you replacement instructions for a set that is still in production.
    *edited to add: I just checked and it’s retiring any minute. Maybe call back and try another rep?
    For what it’s worth, there is one BrickLink seller with a new instruction set for cheap.
    It’s such a fun build, and indeed mesmerizing, especially if you motorize it.
    autolycus
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,292
    my new years resolutions include actually finishing the #75244 I bought May the 4th 2020 and didn't start til May the 4th 2021.
    also listing more of the crap I bought with intent to part out on BrickLink
    My LEGO status: chuffed! (Thanks, UK Bricksetters, for that word!) I got to the Mall of America LEGO store a half-hour early and was about 60th or 70th in line. I wore my Target x LEGO T-shirt with the Space minifigs. They started letting people in about 10 minutes early. I got #80032, #80035, #40344 (20% off), Xtra Chinatown and Food packs, also 20% off, and four Series 22 minifigs. I just grabbed four, didn't try to feel them out because people were still waiting to get in. Now to start building! (Jack and Emilie had to investigate.)
    WesterBricksAstrobricksBumblepantsMr_CrossiwybsKungFuKennyMarshallmarioveyniacpxchris
    ^ I'm waiting for the orange tabby version of the brick-built feline.
    WesterBricksFizyx
    I felt these out correctly.
    Mr_CrossOnebricktoomanyAddicted2Oxygenpxchris
    ^^ Why is there not a double-like button :D
    560Heliport
  • sipusssipuss PolandMember Posts: 163
    Bard comes with 2 spare feathers? That's nice.
    Bumblepants560HeliportWesterBricks
    Why don’t I hit refresh just before posting? I was referring to the cat in the bag.
    560HeliportbrickedinKungFuKennyAanchirMynatt
    Why don’t I hit refresh just before posting? I was referring to the cat in the bag.
    So far, Emilie has more '"likes" than my LEGO haul. :)
    GrannyLEGOAstrobricksWesterBricksAanchirbrickedinKungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoMynatt
    So far, Emilie has more '"likes" than my LEGO haul. :)
    Think what we could rack up if we started a Pets in Lego Bags thread :)
    560HeliportBrickfan50
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 349
    Plant piece in the bird watcher won't stand up to too much bag feeling.
    560HeliportOnebricktoomanyBumblepants
    PJ76uk said:
    What were you storing it inside? I've had the majority of my collection in storage since just before we first heard of covid so I hope mine isn't in the same condition! All my built sets are stored in Really Useful Boxes so hopefully are protected sufficiently..
    Yours should be fine. This particular GBC module was about 60cm wide x 45cm high, and was mainly a fairly flimsy and light technic frame, so of course it was stored in a plastic bag! 🤣
    560HeliportPJ76uk
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood IndianapolisMember Posts: 125
    truck730 said:
    Plant piece in the bird watcher won't stand up to too much bag feeling.
    That element is in desperate need of a redesign. Can’t believe Lego hasn’t stiffened the stems on those leaves. 
    gmonkey76BumblepantsLyichir