Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,020
    ^ Can you find out what prompted Captain Redbeard to wear a belt around the outside of his topcoat?
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,080
    ^ Maybe it's hard to button when one of your hands is a hook? The belt would be tricky, too, but one belt vs. several buttons.
    AstrobricksSumoLegopxchrisandhegmonkey76
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,121
    Mr_Cross said:
    My Christmas present arrived :-) Checked it, sadly it's missing all the spacemen's utensils, which are mostly easy and inexpensive replacements, except for a black pickaxe and a black paddle... now ordered, but ouch!
    Hope that wasn't on your wanted list, otherwise your Secret Santa might be getting annoyed!
    Its an awesome set and one I wanted as a child. The rear of the CS boxes with the alt builds was always a joy to look at.
    560HeliportMr_CrosspxchrisKungFuKennyandheGothamConstructionCogratefulnat
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,923
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Can you find out what prompted Captain Redbeard to wear a belt around the outside of his topcoat?
    Convenient spot to shove your pistol?

KungFuKenny560HeliportAddicted2Oxygenandhegmonkey76gratefulnat
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 467
    It stops his coat flapping around in battle and getting snagged on anything. He clearly is a clever and well experienced pirate.  
    560HeliportAstrobrickspxchrisFizyxWesterBricksandhegmonkey76
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,152
    Found a set today I was convinced I had.but haven't seen in the last 3 years - I'd convinced myself I'd ebayed it...Spiderman Ghost rider team up #76058

Perfect accompaniment to my Daily Bugle set. I just wish some of the other minifigs I was after from the Brooklyn Bridge set weren't quite so extortionate - Kraven Scorpion.
    SumoLegoandhe
    pxchris said:
    Convenient spot to shove your pistol?

If his other hand is a hook, that gun is pretty useless.  Or the handle should be pointing the other way.

(This is probably why I don't enjoy many movies.  Too much focus on continuity errors.)
    pxchrisAddicted2Oxygenmonkeyhanger560Heliportgmonkey76Switchfoot55
    monkeyhanger said:
    ...I just wish some of the other minifigs I was after from the Brooklyn Bridge set weren't quite so extortionate - Kraven Scorpion...
    Just wait for the aftermarket prices for Daredevil and Punisher once the Bugle is retired!
    monkeyhangersipussgmonkey76
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,330
    We’re now at US$999,438,836 worth of Lego on Brickset as a whole. I wonder if it’ll get to the big 1 Billion before Christmas Day or not?
    560HeliportBumblepantsGothamConstructionCoKungFuKennyeMJeeNLSwitchfoot55
    I guess it depends on how many of us open presents Christmas Eve and will immediately log the sets we receive! :)
    andhegmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 295
    edited December 2021
    Status: Still waiting for restocks on Santa's Visit and Carnotaurus Chase. Carno can wait since I can get it brick and mortar, but Santa's Visit is obnoxious because it's exclusive, it's out of stock and my mother's incessant harping about "if you were any kind of a son you'd do this one simple thing and GET IT for me already" is getting almost as old as her nonstop bingewatching either Home Alone or Hallmark Channel 24-7. :(

Relevant quote re a fictional character of similar personality:
    "I'm sorry. Sometimes she forgets there are other people. In... the WORLD."
    --Asst. Chief Will Pope (JK Simmons) re Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (Kyra Sedgwick), The Closer
    karritBumblepants560Heliport
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 432
    Just about to go out and get one of the Chinese New Year sets a week early.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 403
    edited December 2021
    Those puzzles are evil.
    “Oh it’s just minifigures, that won’t be too difficult.”
    “Oh it’s just ice cream, that won’t be too difficult.”
    “Oh it’s just 400 similar looking minifig heads, that won’t be too difficult.”
    Bumblepants560Heliportgmonkey76KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 432
    Got the Lunar New Year traditions but left the ice skating one as it was too big for my liking and I also picked up the new Creator Tiger. I love the brick built stripes.
    Now we wait for the new modular to drop and the rest of the Jan 1st sets.
    Addicted2Oxygen560Heliport
    The total Lego we own has now reached US$999,862,364 - looks like we will get to $1 Billion before Christmas Day for most of the world!
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 345
    Picking a present for my Wife and Daughter to give me, I hope it's big ....city airport big , nice choosing if I do say so myself!
    GothamConstructionCoKungFuKennyBumblepantsgmonkey76WesterBricksCymbelineOnebricktoomanyAstrobricks
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 206
    @SumoLego hope you made great progress last night
    SumoLego
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 467
    The total Lego we own has now reached US$999,862,364 - looks like we will get to $1 Billion before Christmas Day for most of the world!
    I'm gonna make a pot of coffee and put a dent in this number - I never got around to using the Collection buttons....
    Mr_CrossWesterBricksgratefulnat560HeliportOnebricktoomanyKungFuKennyMarshallmario
    Lo1sJess said:
    @SumoLego hope you made great progress last night
    Finished it up at 1:30am this morning!
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76jmeninnoOnebricktoomanyKungFuKenny
  • sipusssipuss PolandMember Posts: 144
    Added #21325 I just got for Christmas <insert the Starship Troopers "doing my part" meme here>.
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 441

I just added some more big sets to my owned collection to help it get over the finish line!
    560Heliport
    So...I went through the SW sets and added 478 'owned' sets...yet the counter remains at $999,862,364...does this only update daily, or?
    SumoLego560Heliportgmonkey76
    I think so.  I updated a few sets as well.
    lowlead560Heliportgmonkey76
    Wearing this T-shirt I got at Target....
    Did you pick that up recently??  That's ba-DASS!!
    560Heliport
    edited December 2021
    lowlead said:
    Wearing this T-shirt I got at Target....
    Did you pick that up recently??  That's ba-DASS!!
    I got it yesterday. I had seen them a few days before, but not in my size. $15. I wonder how many washings before the gold fades from the logo? ;)
    lowleadCymbelineKungFuKennypxchrisgmonkey76Marshallmario
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 206
    @560Heliport cold water was and hang dry
    gratefulnat
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 295
    Basty said:

I just added some more big sets to my owned collection to help it get over the finish line!
    Someday I really gotta feed my collection in...
    Lo1sJess said:
    @560Heliport cold water was and hang dry
    That's too much work!
    gratefulnat
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,294
    Enjoying Christmas building with the kids. Sisu Dragon and the Raya Heart Palace are both better than expected with a lot of great parts in them. Same for the Punk Pirate Ship. The shark head on the mast is fantastic as are the figures. Now to take a nap.
    bandit778KungFuKennyLobotlowleadpxchrisMr_CrossTheOriginalSimonBAddicted2Oxygen
    Santa brought me the Armourer’s Mandalorian Forge, Boba Fett’s Definitely Not Called Slave I Starship, and the Imperial Light Cruiser - so I will be fully in the Mandalorian zone with those and Book of Boba Fett over the next few days!

One of my much younger cousins is super into cars and Technic so I’m looking forward to seeing him find a certain ‘F&F’ car from Santa later when more of the family get together.

I also bought a couple of presents for myself just before Christmas that I hadn’t shared yet but I’ll leave those for another post ;)
    LobotlowleadgratefulnatKungFuKennyMr_CrossAddicted2Oxygenbpk2300
    Lobot said:
    Our cat is delighted with her present - a #75192 from my lovely wife!

Merry Christmas to you all :-)
    That is a kingly gift!  And a most sinister looking box =oD
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    LobotOnebricktoomanygratefulnatAstrobricksKungFuKennyMr_Crossbandit778Addicted2OxygenMarshallmario
  • scottdd2scottdd2 ADELAIDEMember Posts: 141
    My Christmas builds are done, just waiting to get my daughter back to watch her get a start on her #41684. I hope everyone had a great day and enjoys the gift of bricks.
    dpa1SumoLegoAddicted2OxygenOnebricktoomanylowleadMarshallmario
    I'm not deliberately spamming all of the topics that have been recently active.

However, if you're interested in winning a genuine LEGO Luke Skywalker Lightsaber - the raffle is up - follow the link below!

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/37648/bendybadgers-brickset-bonusball-bonanza-sumolego-lowlead-edition-drawing-12-31-2021#latest
    Mr_CrossAddicted2OxygenOnebricktoomanyKungFuKennylowleadpxchris
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,163
    SumoLego said:
    I'm not deliberately spamming all of the topics that have been recently active.

However, if you're interested in winning a genuine LEGO Luke Skywalker Lightsaber - the raffle is up - follow the link below!

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/37648/bendybadgers-brickset-bonusball-bonanza-sumolego-lowlead-edition-drawing-12-31-2021#latest
    So you’re accidentally spamming all recently active topics? ;-)
    Onebricktoomany560HeliportWesterBrickslowleadFollowsCloselyMarshallmario
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 693
    edited December 2021
    Yay!
    Addicted2OxygenOnebricktoomany560HeliportlowleadSwitchfoot55MaffyD
  • arathemisarathemis RomaniaMember Posts: 459
    Started looking for bricks in my loose collection to make up the Winter village vottage and post office sets. Created the BL lists for missing pieces and  I am only missing about 430 pieces from yhe cottage set and 250 from yhe post office set. So it should not take long to have them in my inventory for a decent price.

The only caveeat is that i replaced the green window frames with reddish brown ones as they are a looooot cheaper. I hope i can live with this inconvenience. 
    Addicted2OxygenOnebricktoomany560Heliport
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,052
    i got surprised by my Mother in a law who bought me the Mos Eisley Cantina. Although due to family visits that is on hold. Also got Dr Strange Sanctum Santorum and a Shang Chi set as well.  
    Speedman29Onebricktoomany560HeliportautolycusAstrobricksCymbeline
    So you’re accidentally spamming all recently active topics? ;-)
    ...incidentially.... coincidentally...
    560HeliportAstrobricksMr_CrosslowleadFizyxMarshallmario
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,241
    Today's Lego status: Waiting, mostly patiently. My in-laws are visiting through Monday morning, so I can't get to building anything. I have off all of next week though, so I know the building will happen.

Lego status #2: Spoiled. My wife bought too much for Christmas. I got the AT-AT (plus Luke's Lightsaber and Santa's Front Yard), Police Station, and R2-D2. TOO MUCH!

Lego status #3: Deciding... between Roller Coaster, Disney Train and Station, or one of my SW UCS sets (Y-Wing, A-Wing, R2D2, AT-AT) for the build I start tomorrow. I'm kind of leaning toward Roller Coaster first and then something else. But maybe I dive right in with AT-AT, since I've got a bunch of time off.
    560HeliportSpeedman29KungFuKennyRedbullgivesuwindMr_CrosslowleadFizyx
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,163
    eMJeeNL said:
    Yay!
    😀
    We even have a dedicated thread for it!
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/37645/an-amazing-milestone
    eMJeeNLKungFuKennyMr_Crosslowlead
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,121
    autolycus said:
    Lego status #3: Deciding... between....
    I love problems like that!