Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Marvel Spiderman Set

Comments

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Unfortunately, [email protected] shows as the set is not available until August 1st. I like this set, I will probably buy it, weird Doc Ock or not. Spiderman is probably my favorite hero, so it calls to me. Iron Fist is a very nice addition, and a superhero I wouldn't have thought Lego would make.
  • SecretjediSecretjedi Member Posts: 175
    I'm not keen on it. As already mentioned it looks like Hulk Breakout.

I would have gone for it if Daredevil was the other mini figure other than Iron Fist.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,191
    I have to say that I am not a fan of the cartoon Ultimate Spiderman... it is borderline unwatchable for adults, but if it means more Marvel characters will be released in Lego minifig form then I will watch it... ala SW Clone Wars. I would have much rather it was based off of Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Wonderful. Was it ever in stock, or did they just add it to the system?
  • TyrellArcherTyrellArcher Member Posts: 8
    How much would you like to bet that it won't be available in Canada? Maybe at the official Lego store but nowhere else. I couldn't find the Marvel sets anywhere else but Lego store here, and as a Marvel collector you can imagine how frustrated I was!
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    I got my shipping notification and tracking number from Walmart this morning. Supposed to be here on Wednesday!
  • tcleongtcleong Member Posts: 19
    Please PM me if you are willing help to get the 6873 for me and ship to Singapore.
    US [email protected] has bumped up release date to July 23, just in case anyone has been watching for this one.

I check Walmart's site everyday and it's still listed as out of stock.
  • SpiderManSpiderMan Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2012
    I wonder why they decided to move it up by just a week? Seems kind of strange to me?
    Nice! With all the excitement of SDCC, this set has not been on my radar, but I am excited to get as soon as it comes out.
    @SpiderMan - I'm sure they are trying to get it out while there's still some attention being paid to the movie. Why this was not available at the start of the month is still very confusing to me.
    I was able to order one from Walmart on Saturday while it was available for a brief while and it says I should have it by the 18th. Looking at it now I might have rather waited the extra 5 days and got the VIP point.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    ^You don't get a complimentary copy? Times are tough, apparently.
  • Legofanatic2414Legofanatic2414 Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2012
    So the main price will be 30$ then? Whew, I am relieved it won't be the rumored 40$, I felt it was way too much for this dinky little thing, glad too, now I can buy it. Although, it seems Walmart will have it officially when it is released. Remember, Walmart takes a WHILE to put new sets in stock. They've barely added the Avengers sets. I really hope Walmart has this one in stock the day it releases.
    I just checked [email protected], and I was shocked when it said "Hard to find". Oh man, I really hope it isn't going to make me go on a wild goose chase like I did for the Iron Man set.
    Well, I got mine in last Thursday and held it in my hands. It looks to be a good bargain for $30 in my opinion. Don't hate me but I sold it for 4 times what I paid for it. I figured I could wait a couple weeks for myself. I should of bought more than 1, lol.
    Well, I got mine in last Thursday and held it in my hands. It looks to be a good bargain for $30 in my opinion. Don't hate me but I sold it for 4 times what I paid for it. I figured I could wait a couple weeks for myself. I should of bought more than 1, lol.
    Bought it from where exactly?
    I ordered it from Walmart.com on the 6th. It got to me on Thursday the 12th.
    The "hard to find" label usually gets attached to anything that's a retailer exclusive, like the Fun House set.

And I don't judge anyone for flipping the set quickly. I pretty much assume that fate meets most early stock on exclusives.
    The "hard to find" label usually gets attached to anything that's a retailer exclusive, like the Fun House set.

Could this mean that it'll be a Walmart exclusive?
    I'm pretty sure it was confirmed as a Walmart exclusive in the US.
    @tk79 Ya forgot to write that in the contract when I sold them my IP. Gotta add get a better lawyer to the list. Right after getting my license...(;
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    Back in stock on Walmart.com if anyone is interested!
    Thank you for posting! Been continuing to check every day.
    Glad to help :) I can't wait for it to arrive!
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    I see it as out of stock.
    Got mine yesterday! It really is an awesome set!
    They apparently did not last long.
    Mine just arrived today. Very excited! :)
    Has anyone found these at your Lego store or Walmart? They are selling online at Lego. I am planning to check this afternoon.
    vwong19 said:

Has anyone found these at your Lego store or Walmart? They are selling online at Lego. I am planning to check this afternoon.

I'm about to go check at my Walmart. Although, I'm pretty doubtful they'll even have it. My Walmart takes such a LONG time to add new sets. For example, its July 23rd, and they still don't have the Avengers sets. I really hope they have it though....
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,093
    @vwong19 are you going to check Fashion Valley? I'm thinking of going to at some point. Let me know if you find it and I'll do the same, maybe one of us can save the other a trip haha
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 152
    I was at the Troy, MI Lego store yesterday and they did not have any. I just swung over to Walmart at lunch and none over there either.
    This set will probably follow the fate of the Dynamic Duo Funhouse when it was first released. It took almost five months for that one to be readily available at RRP in physical stores.

My Walmart order is due to arrive by Wednesday. I will be building it right away.
    @Tevans333 well I read somewhere further up that they were set to release this set on the 23rd (Today) and the LEGO store down here tents to get their shipments on Monday, or maybe it was sitting in the back tapped shut with a shelf date, so that's why I'm contemplating checking today. I could call I guess but wheres the fun in that.
    yys4u said:

@Tevans333 well I read somewhere further up that they were set to release this set on the 23rd (Today) and the LEGO store down here tents to get their shipments on Monday, or maybe it was sitting in the back tapped shut with a shelf date, so that's why I'm contemplating checking today. I could call I guess but wheres the fun in that.

Post back if they have it, if they do, I may have to swing back into the one here on the way home from work!
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    My store (Indianapolis) made it sound like they were getting "everything" this week - new Star Wars, new Spiderman, new Friends, new City Garage, new MF Zombies, etc. They were expecting multiple shipments. Let us know what you find @yys4u.
    yys4u said:

@vwong19 are you going to check Fashion Valley? I'm thinking of going to at some point. Let me know if you find it and I'll do the same, maybe one of us can save the other a trip haha

I called the Fashion Valley Lego Store and they said tomorrow... :( Maybe they will get a clue and actually overstock this set....

^Yea I called too, they said they'd get it tomorrow. Hopefully they get the Zombies set too.
    vwong19 said:
    Goodness, I've been checking every single day and it still says out of stock! I'm on a tight budget and I really don't want to pay 6.00 more for the LEGO Shop set. I really hope it comes back into stock soon, I regret not buying it last week when it was!

edited July 2012
    I just paid a visit to the Troy, MI Lego store and it was a bit busy for lunch time, oh yeah, and they had the Spiderman set in stock!
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    In Germany it's available trough 'Karstadt'! Unfortunately over here it's 39,99€!
    I picked up 2 Spiderman sets today at my local Lego store. They were joking that they would sell out before the weekend. Not funny.
    ^any sign of the Zombies set? I didn't get a chance to go today but I was hoping to get them both the same visit, but I believe them if they said they'd sell out of spiderman...
    @yys4u - sorry I didn't really look around, but they had many of the new SW sets so there is a strong chance that they have it.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Stopped by the Indianapolis store yesterday. They had all the new Star Wars sets, the Spiderman set, the MF Zombies set, the new technic sets, the new Friends sets, the new garage and hospital sets, the new Hero Factory sets, and probably some others I'm forgetting. The shelves were PACKED. They said they've never had so much inventory.
    My copy arrived in the mail today and I put it together tonight. Did a brief review on my blog here - http://buriedinbricks.blogspot.com/2012/07/spider-mans-doc-ock-ambush-6873-review.html
  • rolvtdrolvtd Member Posts: 52
    Speaking of the set, I loved the build but did anyone else find the resulting play set a bit...... fiddly?

I know its a play set, so not meant to be picked up, but I haven't had a set break apart on me on pick up as easily as this set. Worse yet, getting the set on base plate seems impossible without modification.

You don't want to bolt the right and left side of the lab down as they are supposed to move, but because of the front piece of lab that holds most of the "operating table", you can't really bolt down the center piece. I actually had to put a full extra layer of Light Bluish Grey under the base to get it to stay on a base plate.
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 510
    I watch Spiderman: No way home yesterday.
    Today I check in on Brickset to see which sets Lego made for the movie. There is one. But it assembles nothing like the movie. Not even remotely.
    I know that there is a production time frame and no spoilers consideration. But do anyone agree that this is quite a long way from the movie?

https://brickset.com/sets/76185-1/Spider-Man-at-the-Sanctum-Workshop
    SumoLego
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,575
    edited December 2021
    Lately LEGO cannot make exact sets for the Marvel movies, considering that many would lead to spoilers for the movies they are sets for. It makes it difficult for LEGO to make accurate sets, as the studio does not want leaks. Heck that latest sanctum set had the rumor mill buzzing and if thats not accurate then you can imagine what making a set exact to the movie would do. I think that LEGO may release more accurate sets in a little while for Spidey, but not while the movie has not been seen by many fans yet.
    SumoLegogmonkey76