Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Secret Santa 2021

Comments

• GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 335
    I can see I will have to do better next year ... will start saving ideas now!
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawaFowlerBricksSumoLego
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,485
    Something arrived today that rattles in an interesting fashion.  No Secret Santa markings on it, and I've not had anything from our friendly local organiser to say that anything's on its way, so maybe it is, and maybe it isn't.

We'll just have to wait and see...
    gratefulnatKungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoSeijiAmasawakiki180703FowlerBricksSumoLego
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,042
    We need a "love" button!
    And a 'who cut onions?!' button, too. Who knew God used our exchange here to bless people!?
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennypanchox1MaffyDFowlerBricksSumoLegosnowhitie
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 452
    Here is a confession from the perspective of Santa: I still have to ship my package. I had to wait a long time for a critical part in a Bricklink order which arrived yesterday. Today I bought nice wrapping paper. Next action: packing / wrapping / shipping.
    Luckily my victim proposed happy recipient is in the same country as me so I expect to be on time anyway.
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawared237Addicted2OxygenSwitchfoot55VgangSumoLegosnowhitie
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 335
    It is getting hard to be patiently waiting for a rattly something but if it had arrived already I would be impatiently waiting for Christmas to get here!
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennyTheOriginalSimonBgratefulnatFowlerBricksred237SumoLego
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,994
    ^You're assuming whatever is in the wrapped gifts is good...
    560HeliportKungFuKennySeijiAmasawaSumoLego
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 138
    That is some fun wrapping paper!
    560HeliportKungFuKennySeijiAmasawagratefulnatSumoLego
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,575
    Received my parcel too. Straight under the tree to wait for the big day.
    KungFuKennyGrannyLEGOSeijiAmasawaGothamConstructionCored237gratefulnatSumoLego
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 452
    @KungFuKenny I want that set desperately! (obviously jealous)
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 300
    @KungFuKenny for people that don’t necessarily need the official set, how much of the set do you think could be put together?
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,368
    edited December 2021
    @KungFuKenny I want that set desperately! (obviously jealous)
    Lo1sJess said:
    @KungFuKenny for people that don’t necessarily need the official set, how much of the set do you think could be put together?
    If you are willing to make a few color substitutions and forgo a couple of rare parts then it’s not too bad at all. I had about 70% of the pieces in my parts collection. The green “splat” gears that make up the Christmas tree in the original set are extremely expensive, so I made my own Christmas tree instead. I changed out a couple of parts to more common colors and that brought my total BrickLink order down to about $60.  If you are willing to take the time to make a wanted list for the set and then go through and eliminate or change out expensive parts then I suspect you could Bricklink the entire set for around $100-$125…

I made a couple of upgrades (i.e. adding tiles around the base to smooth out the appearance).  I also was unable to obtain this part…

so instead I made my own version using some pearl gold parts and a leftover Santa Claus sticker from a different set…
    Brickfan50FowlerBricksSeijiAmasawaSumoLegosnowhitie
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,176
    Thou shalt not like posts with pictures from your Secret Santa recipient. Or should you??
    You have to like every post so your victim Santee can go back and cross reference and work out who you are!
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawashikadiTheOriginalSimonBBrickfan50kiki180703lowleadgratefulnatSumoLego
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 300
    @SumoLego can you please elaborate on what and how a BendyBadger Bonus Ball works for us newbies?
    Mr_CrossSeijiAmasawaSumoLego