Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 687
    Just found a small shop in a small village in Portugal with a brand new #42113 Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey, priced at 400€. Not my sort of thing, but I was really surprised to find one, especially there.
    KungFuKennylowleaddpa1WesterBricks
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 284
    Yesterday I finished my Classic Space remake fleet using a bunch of Bricklink orders that came in over the holiday weekend.  Now I've got fully modern versions of the 1978 sets 918, 924, 926, and 928 (two versions of the 918, a single-seater and a two-seater), plus a modern 6894 Blacktron Invader and a modern 6931 FX Star Patroller.
    Switchfoot55pxchrisKungFuKennyWesterBricksBumblepantsJudgeChuckbandit778OnebricktoomanyMr_Cross
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,364
    edited December 2021
    iwybs said:
    Yesterday I finished my Classic Space remake fleet using a bunch of Bricklink orders that came in over the holiday weekend.  Now I've got fully modern versions of the 1978 sets 918, 924, 926, and 928 (two versions of the 918, a single-seater and a two-seater), plus a modern 6894 Blacktron Invader and a modern 6931 FX Star Patroller.
    Photos please!
    pxchrisBumblepantsMr_Cross
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,552
    iwybs said:
    Oooh, I like those a lot! Very nice indeed! :-))
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,141
    Staying away for work is a pain. Staying away so you miss the start of the advent calendars is a bigger pain!
    Loving Christmas jumper Iron Man!
    Switchfoot55dpa1WesterBricksgmonkey76
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 284
    More pictures of my Classic Space builds.  Too many pictures maybe.

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157720209835042
    560HeliportKungFuKennyMaffyDJudgeChuckMr_Cross
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 253
    I have my home being packed tomorrow by movers, loaded Monday, and unloaded Friday. I will be in a hotel for the entire week so of course I get that e-mail! Ordered in July and called customer service to update my shipping address. Thought I had another month! I pray it arrives at new address safely.. And that I get my mail key in time lol.

KungFuKennyWesterBricksCymbelineAddicted2OxygenOnebricktoomanyiwybsSwitchfoot55gratefulnatMarshallmario
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,282
    iwybs said:
    More pictures of my Classic Space builds.  Too many pictures maybe.

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157720209835042
    Love the updated Classic Space ships! Thanks for sharing all those photos!
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 201
    Target today launched their “Lego Collection @ Target.” Not everything is available, yet but I bought a nifty storage container and a winter hat for my infant. There’s a pullover sweater available later this month that I’ll most likely nab for myself 😁

OnebricktoomanyBumblepantsKungFuKennyWesterBricksSeijiAmasawastluxbrickventures
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 215
    I ordered some of the gift wrap, the bricks puzzle, the small snow fight set and reusable bags.  Interested in a few addition things not available yet.
    bpk2300SeijiAmasawa
    very nice 😊 
    KungFuKenny
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 454
    ^ one of my first sets as well. For a long time, I could rebuild it from memory. My original copy is long gone, I went through two dark ages before I truly appreciated the idea of keeping a set in good shape. Maybe someday I’ll be able to pick up a replacement.
    andhepxchris
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,741
    I'm just holding out hope that lego reissue the small feather in black. They still make the part. 
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76pxchris
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,334
    andhe said:
    I'm just holding out hope that lego reissue the small feather in black. They still make the part. 
    Surprised they haven't for a quill or embellishment of some sort in a line like Harry Potter.
    gmonkey76pxchris
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,260
    pxchris said:
    Crappy photo, as per usual from me...

This was another recent acquisition. Set #6066 Camouflage Outpost is a treasured set from my childhood. I played with this one so heavily that my original copy wasn't in great shape, a number of yellowed pieces, but especially sad was that I was missing a number of the minifigures or their pieces. The structure itself is one of the few that remained almost intact all the way up to my adulthood. I used the structure as a base for much imaginative play turning it into a secret hideout for my secret agent and many other adventures.
    Well, I've long wished to buy a new copy of the set but the prices on Forestmen sets are almost as bad as Pirates and I was only willing to buy one that had all of the minifigs 100% complete, especially with the right feathers. I just so happened to come across one on eBay recently with a best offer option and the seller accepted my first offer.
    It's now been restored to it's former glory and I'm so happy to be able to enjoy this beautiful set once again!

Lovely little set! Congrats on getting it and having such good memories!

Now… why didn’t Lego give us a couple Forestmen with the Castle in the Forest?!?!
    pxchris
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,970
    andhe said:
    Surprised they haven't for a quill or embellishment of some sort in a line like Harry Potter.
    Have they made the small feather in any color other than white since they switched to the individual mold for it? I could look on Bricklink, but I'm being lazy at the moment. It really would be nice for them to make it more readily available. Black would definitely make for a great quill.
    andhe
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 232
    pxchris said:
    Have they made the small feather in any color other than white since they switched to the individual mold for it? I could look on Bricklink, but I'm being lazy at the moment. It really would be nice for them to make it more readily available. Black would definitely make for a great quill.
    Well, in diagon alley it appears in blue and red, so there’s that.
    KungFuKennypxchrisandhe
    Status this morning: Disappointed. Santa’s Front Yard is now the GWP through December 24. Reports are coming out that a 2nd GWP was indeed planned but to start today, but has been called off. No word yet on whether the GWP was cancelled altogether or just pushed back. Maybe it will show up for Christmas in July next year?
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,970
    pxchris said:
    And I completely forgot the dark tan one that came with Radagast! That's an expensive little bugger if you lose it.
    andhe
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,741
    pxchris said:
    Yeah, red in Diagon alley (not blue though, might mean the modern fire plume) and a Princess set in 2020 and Nexo Knights in 2017, Green arrow got a lime one in 2018, and tan for Radagast in 2013 and Penelope Cruz's character in 2011.

The Disney CMF genie got close with a black and glod one, but I don't own the figure to see whether that was dual molded or what, but certainly tempting to get one and just sharpie the gold...

pxchrisWesterBricks
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,736
    @autolycus, I wonder if this is because they still seem to have a lot of the Santa's Yard sets sitting around? 

Perhaps it gives me hope that I'll be able to nab the second one at some point in the future? Or maybe even the first?
    autolycusjmeninno
    @autolycus, I wonder if this is because they still seem to have a lot of the Santa's Yard sets sitting around? 

Perhaps it gives me hope that I'll be able to nab the second one at some point in the future? Or maybe even the first?
    Could be. Could also just be shipping delays like they've had for several other promos this year. Santa's Front Yard is definitely still available. I might have ended up with an extra one myself--well, maybe 2 extras, but my wife was going to use at least one as a gift. If it all settles out with me having 2 of it for myself, I can let you know if you're interested in it. I'm sure we can work out a trade of some sort.
    Switchfoot55
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 316
    autolycus said:
    Status this morning: Disappointed. Santa’s Front Yard is now the GWP through December 24. Reports are coming out that a 2nd GWP was indeed planned but to start today, but has been called off. No word yet on whether the GWP was cancelled altogether or just pushed back. Maybe it will show up for Christmas in July next year?
    On the one hand, one less thing to worry about tracking down alongside the sleigh and Santa's Visit, on the other one more thing I have to deal with the Old Crab braying about "why can't you get me what I want when I want it regardless what's happening in the supply chain?!" *rolling eyes*
    autolycusFizyx
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 284
    This weekend I received an invoice from Bricklink for taxes where I have not purchased or sold anything since Jan of 2020. What gives?
    Dropped into the Frankfurt store on the way to a work thing and got some great PaB and series 2 bandmates. No DJ Captain sadly but still some good ones. Also got Santa and goofy Snail polybag free. 
    bandit778KungFuKennyBrickfan50WesterBricks560HeliportOnebricktoomanygratefulnatMynatt
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,364
    Based on the contents of that Pick a Brick cup it looks to me like you’re planning on expanding Ninjago City!
    Brickfan50BumblepantspxchrisOnebricktoomany
    Based on the contents of that Pick a Brick cup it looks to me like you’re planning on expanding Ninjago City!
    Yeah I am, I have about 10k of those trans blue tiles already but I can't help but get more when the occasion presents itself.
    KungFuKennypxchrisOnebricktoomanygratefulnatMaffyD
    Trans blue tiles are also good for frozen ponds and rivers, for anyone considering an elaborate winter scene! I could use some myself! And some of those white studs.
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsSwitchfoot55
    much much better PaB selection than here!  There hasn’t been much turnover on the wall so same thing week after week.

Bumblepants
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,736
    I swear my local stores NEVER get tiles of ANY sort. 

I'd buy 3 large cups of the trans-light blue tiles if they ever show up, however! I have a rather elaborate winter scene that needs building!
    I’d be in for at least 1 cup maybe 2 of trans-light blue tiles.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,226
    "Job security? I could do with a little less job security, thank you very much!"
    I had a devil of a time finding that set until I realized some people spell snow plow as snowplough :)
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 511
    ^^ It's those alu-min-eee-um people...
    560Heliport
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,158
    lowlead said:
    ^^ It's those alu-min-eee-um people...
    The real reason for the American Revolution: they were tired of using extra letters to spell words! :)
    lowleadCharmiefcb
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,226
    ^ Try a previously built Tower of Orthanc from one big bag. Ugh.
    560HeliportKungFuKennypxchrisAddicted2Oxygenandhe
    ^ ^^ I recently built a secondhand 1989 Batmobile that was broken down into two large bags in no particular order. It took 3x as long to build as it should have.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportpxchrisAstrobricksandhe
    Phoenixio said:
    Just finished building Ninjago City, Ninjago City Docks, and Ninjago City Gardens.  What a display it forms with all 3 together.  I have them at family's, so they'll be able to see and gaze upon the wonders of bigger city displays.

At the same time, I had those packed into large ziplocks, about 1 per floor, and damn was it tedious to rebuild some parts.  You end up searching for pieces for such long times.  I think I'll learn from that and break them down in smaller bags at a time, but I also don't want to just follow the instructions backwards.  Can't imagine how incredibly tedious it must be for those giant Star Wars builds of light blueish grey only...
    One compromise I have found is to not literally follow the instructions backward, but to figure out the sections that are made by each of the original bags (or sets of bags). Do your best to pull that whole section off in its entirety and then break down that section the easiest and fastest way you can.

It's still incredibly tedious, so I only do it with larger sets I know I'll rebuild. Winter Village stuff is a prime example. Hogwarts Castle took me a big chunk of a weekend to break down, and I did GROUPS of numbered bags together, not even individual bags.
    Brickfan50Phoenixio
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 511
    Phoenixio said:
    ...Can't imagine how incredibly tedious GLORIOUS it must be for those giant Star Wars builds of light blueish grey only...
    =oD
    Sorting and organizing is half the fun!
    JudgeChuckKungFuKennybrickventures
    lowlead said:
    Phoenixio said:
    ...Can't imagine how incredibly tedious GLORIOUS it must be for those giant Star Wars builds of light blueish grey only...
    =oD
    Sorting and organizing is half the fun!
    Who sorts the parts from used sets before building? I just dive right in, not even knowing if everything is there!
    datsunrobbie