Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,859
    ^ Is that #76139?
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 226
    ^ Is that #76139?
    Indeed it is #76139, the 1989 Batmobile. I just paid a princely sum of $75 for it secondhand, so I have no problem solving the giant evil puzzle.
    Astrobricks
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,096

Factory sealed, this set comes in 24 numbered bags, easy peasy.

Secondhand, it came in three big freezer bags.

It’s like a giant evil puzzle.
    I’m planning to disassemble mine maybe next weekend or after Thanksgiving. I doubt I will have the patience to break it down reverse bag at a time, but I was at least planning to keep different sections together, with the entire technic frame in its own bag(s).
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 310
    ryderfan said:
    That turntable will definitely come in handy when you need to move it. I’m always afraid of the integrity of the 32x32 baseplates once they have the weight of a tall structure on them. 
    It definitely does. I finished my rebuild of #76178 Daily Bugle and then moved it across the room using the turntable. Had to then holler for hubby as my third hand so he could pull the turntable out from underneath while I steadied the building. I have had a few spectacular crashes when I relied on the baseplate!
    560HeliportCymbelineKungFuKenny
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,723
    I've had that exact turntable in my wishlist for a while @GrannyLEGO. I'm going to have to click buy on it soon!
    KungFuKenny
    edited November 2021

Well that was a lot more work than it should have been, but it’s the most satisfying set I’ve ever built.
    gratefulnatiwybsKungFuKennyautolycusBumblepantspxchrisSwitchfoot55
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 379
    @WesterBricks Just looking at this picture makes me want to rebuild mine, it really is an awesome set!
    Probably corners like a supertanker though ;-)
    Marshallmario
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,096
    It would be a disaster in San Francisco as well... Or Atlanta. Or really any city with even the slightest bit of hills. Or potholes. Or speed bumps. Well, you get the idea.

But it looks bad-ice, and that's all that really matters.
    Switchfoot55Astrobricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,524
    I'm partial to the Agents sets, but I do like the SP3 minifigures as well.
    KungFuKennydatsunrobbie
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,723
    @pxchris Classic Town sets are only second to Classic Space in my heart…now you need the RV and boat that come with #6388 Holiday Home!

You're a bad influence on me.

And I have to say that Brick Daddy (with his purple suit and gold chain) is one of the coolest villains I have in my collection.
    Undoubtedly one of the coolest SP minifigs!
    FizyxKungFuKenny
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,192
    And I have to say that Brick Daddy (with his purple suit and gold chain) is one of the coolest villains I have in my collection.

Didn't even mention one of the coolest parts of the minifig either!  If you thought that his head looked a little weird color wise, you'd be right... because it glows in the dark!
    KungFuKenny560HeliportMarshallmario
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,565
    also it's a headcrab
    KungFuKenny
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,692
    Now up to step 475. First time I have made progress in a number of weeks,  maybe months!

KungFuKennyAddicted2OxygenPJ76ukMaffyDYellowcastle
    ^ Long enough that I can’t remember what it is ;-)
    WesterBricks
    ^ Long enough that I can’t remember what it is ;-)
    I'm struggling too! 

It's the Rocinante from The Expanse.
    560HeliportKungFuKennyAstrobricksMaffyDAddicted2Oxygen
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 190
    Family build last night:

then I started Trafalgar Square when everyone went to bed. 
    KungFuKenny560Heliport
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    An unusual one maybe - I've been building a Windows 98 PC so I can play Lego Island, Legoland and all sorts of other old games I'd nearly forgotten about from my childhood.

I was inspired by the Bits n Bricks podcast that Lego have been producing for the past year or so which charts the history of Lego video games over the past 25 years. I'm sure it's been discussed elsewhere on the forum but I strongly recommend it. It's a really interesting insight not only into the making of the video games, but also corporate strategy etc at TLG around video games, multimedia products and other non-brick/brick-adjacent products and how Lego was looking to position themselves in the market going into the 21st century. Fascinating stuff.

If I have to give an example of something in real bricks, I tracked down a copy of #7964 a couple of months ago. I lusted over that a decade ago but could never afford it, and I had a blast putting that together. I even pulled all my brother's clone troopers out of my parents' loft to display with it!
    KungFuKennyAstrobricksAddicted2OxygenWesterBricksBrickfan50
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,071
    edited November 2021
    I spent a few hours on Saturday filling in the contents of my latest modular building moc.  I think I am missing the mark a bit, as I think this is not as recognizable as I want it to be. 

Can anyone recognize what type of business is going on here?

PJ76ukpxchrisSumoLego
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 434
    ^ Meth Lab? I’d guess a Brewery or a work shop as the guy in the back is in front of an extractor unit
    KungFuKenny
    ^^ It’s obviously an American all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,267
    The product looks like Heisenberg’s “blue sky” meth, but the lack of safety gear/respirators has me second guessing…
    You are so right, I do need to get the proper minifigs...

KungFuKenny

KungFuKennyMarshallmario
    Is there a guy chained up in the basement?
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 402
    Quick question: when I want to quote someone the cursor in my draft post always stays in the grey area of the quote. How do I get my cursor under the quote??

vizzitor
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 378
    edited November 2021
    Quick question: when I want to quote someone the cursor in my draft post always stays in the grey area of the quote. How do I get my cursor under the quote??

You might have deleted the spacing outside the quote since you can usually click the white space you've highlighted or press the down or right arrows when you're at the end of the quote.
    If you have, then press the "</>" icon above the comment box to Toggle the HTML, then you can type below or after where it says </blockquote>. After that, you can toggle off HTML view again with the same button to view it normally.
    KungFuKennyAstrobricks
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,516
    I put together #40449 Santa's Sleigh last night. A very satisfying build that fits nicely into the Winter Village!

I am already predicting the loss of several of the presents due to my kids. 
    KungFuKennyeMJeeNL

I like @vizzitor’s answer, but I’ve always dealt with it by NEVER clicking in the quote area until after I’m done adding text below it. As long as I always start below the quote I’ve not had a problem getting there.
    gmonkey76KungFuKennyFizyx
    Now on step 578. Minifig for scale.

560HeliportSwitchfoot55AstrobricksautolycusKungFuKennyRedbullgivesuwindPJ76ukBobflipYellowcastle
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,129
    It's a big ship @TheFew - liking all the angles! Trailer for season 6 is out by the way - looks really action-packed!

MaffyD said:
    It's a big ship @TheFew - liking all the angles! Trailer for season 6 is out by the way - looks really action-packed!

Oh thanks for the info, will look for the trailer!
    MaffyD
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,120
    @FollowsClosely the back details are really great. Well done
    gmonkey76
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,053
    Bobflip said:
    Finished this two year long project last night... wanting to build a Lego ED-209 was the instigator for getting out of my dark ages something like 8 years ago, but only really dove in at the end of 2019. Didn't realise how involved I was going to get with it... it's been an epic journey! 

Thats awesome. Watched Robocop last night and I say its a great replica. Are those lipstick missiles?
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 648
    Thats awesome. Watched Robocop last night and I say its a great replica. Are those lipstick missiles?
    Thanks! And well spotted, they are indeed lipstick :-)
    Also used roller skates on the front middle of the guns
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 660
    My builds are boring, but I started on my road MILs last night.  I'm using the new road plates plus some plates built SNOT to make the roads a little wider.  I got 8 started and then realized I don't have the 6x8 plates I need for the sidewalks on each side.  I'm not happy with how the crosswalks look, so gotta play around with them.  I might end up brick building them instead of using the new plates.
    autolycusKungFuKennypxchrisgmonkey76FizyxSwitchfoot55
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,516
    ^I don't think I've seen a photo with the two of those sets side by side yet. Absolutely wonderful!
    FizyxKungFuKennyMarshallmario
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,192
    ^I don't think I've seen a photo with the two of those sets side by side yet. Absolutely wonderful!

They had one on the front page comparing those two sets and the new ISD that was pretty good, but I like this one better because it ALSO has some sense of scale from the set of drawers/picture frames they're sitting on.  It's a good reminder of just how enormous both these sets are.