Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Review: 75313 AT-AT

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 50,619
edited November 2021 in Brickset.com articles
Review: 75313 AT-AT

The enduring Ultimate Collector Series includes numerous extraordinary subjects, although one revered vehicle has been continually overlooked. The menacing AT-AT was introduced during The Empire Strikes Back and demonstrates amazing battlefield dominance.

75313 AT-AT successfully presents that strength, overshadowing comparable models and capturing fantastic detail from the onscreen vehicle. Additionally, this walker includes an extensive interior which comfortably accommodates the correct number of Snowtroopers, while maintaining absolute balance and ample articulation.

Continue reading »

© 2021 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Comments

• monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    $799? Fair enough  compared with MF and ISD. £750? No chance. This would've been a day 1 purchase for me at £650 if it came with some decent GWPs. 

At that price it's an easy pass until I can get it cheaper.
    BrainsluggedAddicted2OxygenLobot
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 574
    Thank you for yet another fantastic review.
    As for the price, not shocked in the least.  I'm stabbing in the dark, but my guess is the cost of Bricklinking the parts to build this would be a more costly endeavor, not to mention time consuming.  After watching a couple unboxing vids and seeing all the detail and construction techniques, this set still has enormous value to me, despite the $800 price tag.
    One could say: This is my UCS Falcon
    KungFuKenny
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 2,135
    lowlead said:
    As for the price, not shocked in the least.  I'm stabbing in the dark, but my guess is the cost of Bricklinking the parts to build this would be a more costly endeavor, not to mention time consuming.  After watching a couple unboxing vids and seeing all the detail and construction techniques, this set still has enormous value to me, despite the $800 price tag.
    One could say: This is my UCS Falcon
    You're OK with $800 for the AT-AT as it's the same price as the Falcon. I'd bet I'm not alone in my original thinking that despite having several thousand less parts, I'd assumed the AT-AT would probably come in at the same price as the Falcon. Everyone's dismay stems from the fact that the AT-AT costs £100 more. And £100 more than any Lego set ever. I think you'd raise an eyebrow as well if the price of the AT-AT was $930 in the US.

Having said that, once you add tax we in the UK have been getting a better deal on the MilF than the US. So it's all swings and roundabouts (or swings and "those confusing circular things in the middle of roads" for all you on the other side of the pond).
    Addicted2OxygenKungFuKennySumoLego
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 574
    ^^ I'd still buy it at $930...we all covet what we covet.
    The UCS Falcon just didn't get my Nerd blood pumping, ergo, I passed on what many, many others went GAGA over.  Pretty simple from my perspective.
    SumoLegoBrainslugged
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,096
    I'm surprised it's not priced at the same as the Star Destroyer, so as to keep the mystique of the Falcon as the largest and most expensive set.

It's tough for me to pass up a minifigure-scale UCS set.
    KungFuKenny
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,089
    Don't worry.  After retiring the falcon end of the year, they will bring back with a price tag of 1k in like 3 years.
    KungFuKennyBumblepants
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    While it looks nice the head looks kenner like and not menacing like the studio prop. (That view port is just wrong) not a day one purchase thats for sure.
    KungFuKenny
    Brainslugged said:
    I'd bet I'm not alone in my original thinking that despite having several thousand less parts, I'd assumed the AT-AT would probably come in at the same price as the Falcon.
    Somewhere along the line I'd changed the number of pieces to about 4,800 in my head. I was pleasantly surprised (again) when I just read that it's 6,800. I must have got mixed up with the Star Destroyer at some point.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 712
    Brainslugged said:
    So it's all swings and roundabouts (or swings and "those confusing circular things in the middle of roads" for all you on the other side of the pond).
    Just to clear something up, the phrase "swings and roundabouts" refers to the childrens' playground roundabouts, not "those confusing circular things in the middle of roads" 😆
    560Heliport
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,728
    cavegod said:
    While it looks nice the head looks kenner like and not menacing like the studio prop. (That view port is just wrong)....
    Yep, spectacular but by no means perfect. The head (e.g. viewport, width) and neck don't look quite right, and the legs are understandably a bit too chunky.

At 62cm I reckon it's close to being the same height as yours, Pete, but I don't have it assembled in order to check. How tall is your version?

• cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    Ill measure it when i get home but i think its about 29" I did ask for promo copy but alas no luck.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,728
    cavegod said:
    I did ask for promo copy but alas no luck.
    Cheeky!

cavegod said:
    Ill measure it when i get home but i think its about 29"....
    Thanks.

I tried to estimate the height using some old photos and ended up with approx. 26" so it'll be interesting to get an accurate figure.
    KungFuKenny
    ^ And for reference, a minifigure is about 1:45 compared to a 6-foot human. So the new AT-AT is very slightly on the large size if anything. Pretty impressive.
    KungFuKenny
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,347
    I think it's a very good, long overdue version of the AT-AT and wouldn't have minded picking it up if I didn't already have 89% of the recently modified version of Cavegod's behemoth. Too much time and effort gone in already for me to give up just to buy the set. 

KungFuKennygratefulnatLobot
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,431
    bandit778 said:
    I think it's a very good, long overdue version of the AT-AT and wouldn't have minded picking it up if I didn't already have 89% of the recently modified version of Cavegod's behemoth. Too much time and effort gone in already for me to give up just to buy the set. 

@bandit778 - Quite the bricklink wanted lists. Curious what the costs of the parts is for Pete's version? Ironically, seeing LEGOs version is making me have the itch to rebuild Pete's again more than anything. I miss that behemoth. 
    KungFuKennybandit778pxchris
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,367
    edited November 2021
    stlux said:
    StoneWars had a comparison of the new set with some of the major MOCs in their introduction article:

I was pretty happy with the Raskolnikov version (seen here with Inthert’s U-wing)…

but I’m having a hard time talking myself out of the new version.  I do wish #75313 was more tiled and a bit less “stud-sy” though..
    gratefulnatbandit778Brainsluggedpxchris
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,347
    edited November 2021
    @samiam391.
    I couldn't honestly tell how much any of the my individual builds cost (and the AT-AT especially as quite a few parts changed with the update).
    I tend to have 5 or 6 on the go at any one time to maximise Bricklink orders and save on shipping from stores that might only have 1 or 2 parts from one build but have others available from different builds.
    I also try to make good use of Lugbulk and PAB walls in Lego stores when good parts become available which makes keeping track of cost a PITA.

It's also one of the reasons why it takes me so long to complete anything but I've never been in a hurry to complete any of  these. Unfortunatly I'm not in the situation where I can just drop the funds for a complete build as the Wife, life and other stuff all happen so have to spread it over long periods.
    It does give a great sense of satisfaction when the parts have all been collected and it's finally build time.
    Below is the complete list of all my wanted lists apart from #10221 which was my first bungling venture into the world of Bricklink and which also turned out to be a steep and very expensive learning curve.

Brainsluggeddrdavewatford
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,367
    @bandit778
    when are we going to see pics of that blockade runner? :-)
    ^ Ha!  Definitely genuine interest...if I see 100% of parts are sourced, then I want to see the final model! :-)  
    bandit778SumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,351
    @bandit778 - never seen any of your posts as 'over-sharing' - I love every single photo. That blockade runner looks fab.
    bandit778560HeliportKungFuKennyMr_Cross