Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] BaM Bar Contents

Comments

• OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 65
    FireFox31 said:
    Sorry @Yellowcastle for always making you merge my threads.  I'm still learning my way around here.  This is a great thread.
    I'm surprised to see the Columbus, OH Lego store displaying all the BAM parts.  I've been to about 12 different Lego stores in the US and have never seen this.
    It's a COVID thing--all five stores in the DC region are doing it. 
    Yellowcastle
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 637
    The two stores in the DFW area are doing it as well.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 688
    ive seen stores to specific BAM builds pre packed in the little bubble thing and others fill them up with random unassembled parts. enough to make 3 figs w accessories.
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 305
    Two additions today from my previous pic

Infinitymangmonkey76
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,506
    Seeing the exclusive (?) torso on that H figure just makes me more annoyed that they couldn't print one (or even use that one!) in the creator 3-in-1 castle :D
    CymbelineOnebricktoomany
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 456
    Has anyone been to the Disney Springs Store in Florida recently?  I'm heading to Disney World next week & curious how they are doing the BAM & Pick a Brick there.
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 120
    Thanks for the tip @Onebricktoomany! We'll be in Columbus next week and I always need more Christmas elves.
    Onebricktoomany
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 41
    karrit said:
    Has anyone been to the Disney Springs Store in Florida recently?  I'm heading to Disney World next week & curious how they are doing the BAM & Pick a Brick there.
    Pick a Brick is parts on plates and you choose pieces by writing them down on a form.  Unfortunately BAM has been mostly random pieces to build 5 minifigures for the price of 3 preselected.  I talked to a cast member at Springs Sunday who said the pieces really don't build coherent figures.  Every now and then they will get the newest figure parts and put them out as 3 packs for sale, but they seem to busy to do this often.  Have a great trip!
    karrit said:

Report back with what you find. I'll be headed back that way in July!
    MachONE said:
    karrit said:
    Pick a Brick is parts on plates and you choose pieces by writing them down on a form.  Unfortunately BAM has been mostly random pieces to build 5 minifigures for the price of 3 preselected.  I talked to a cast member at Springs Sunday who said the pieces really don't build coherent figures.  Every now and then they will get the newest figure parts and put them out as 3 packs for sale, but they seem to busy to do this often.  Have a great trip!

Thanks for the info.  Guess it hasn't changed any from the reports I read last year after they reopened.  I was curious if there had been any change since then because some have reported that some other stores were allowing people a certain short amount of time at the PAB wall with some other restrictions and also some reports elsewhere of the BAM towers being readied to be used again in some stores.  I'm glad they are still doing things this way because that place is usually a zoo so I couldn't imagine them easing the restrictions there yet.
    panchox1 said:
    karrit said:

Report back with what you find. I'll be headed back that way in July!

I will.
    panchox1
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 182
    I'm probably going to Disney Springs tomorrow. I start my vacation, one that got delayed a month, but it's been worth the wait.
    panchox1
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,223
    edited May 7
    LEGO store in Woodfield mall (Schaumburg IL) has the new figures and parts in the BaM blister packs now.
    Onebricktoomany
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 183
    I'm going to be in Denver next week, anyone been to the Denver West store recently?  Just curious if they have the same setup.
    Rakul said:
    I'm going to be in Denver next week, anyone been to the Denver West store recently?  Just curious if they have the same setup.

Curious to know this too. Gonna be passing through there in about 3 week. planning to stop off at the Colorado Mills store for the AFOL shopping day. it will be the first one that I finally get to go to.

So I made my first visit this trip to the Disney Springs Lego store.  As reported by several others the BAM is pretty poor since they are pre-packaging random parts to create 5 figs.  I did manage to find a pack that had all the main parts for the Bear Suit Minifig.  Don't know If I got the correct head but it's covered by the Bear mask anyway.  The accessory choices in the packs are mostly lame like Swords & magic wands although there were a few packs that had the white bunny and one with the chicken.  There was one pack that had the fruit tart tile but the body parts in that one weren't anything I was interested in.  Lots of the dual molded white ball cap with Blonde ponytail, some packs had two of those.  Also saw a few that had either the legs or the head covering for the Blue Pug.  Will be going back probably on Friday to see if they have anything new to choose from. 
    The PAB is mostly the same old with lots of plates in different sizes & colors.  But I did see a number of parts in the wall that they don't have on the boards that show you most of the available parts so It's definitely a good idea to try to see what you can of the wall before choosing your parts off the board.  They weren't showing the Yellow Door, Green basket thing they use a lot in friends sets, the tiny black wheels and the small grey 2x2 mount for them, the grey mini antenna piece, white console with steering wheel and a few others I can't recall at the moment.  I didn't pick anything yet but I plan to get some of the Black 1x4  roof tile and a few other things I saw. 
    Did manage to get the three Looney Tunes figs I still needed after the first six I got in Target last week.  I wasn't going for the full set so I did really good considering I hadn't checked out any of the feel guides for this series.  They don't have them sorted but they are letting people feel the packs. 
    I was hoping to find the tulips or the Tuk Tuk but no luck there.  They did have the Bonsai & the Bouquet but I don't want to have to cart those home with me.  I did pick up the Road Tape set as I never got that one online.  They had the Water one too.
    panchox1madforLEGO
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    @Rakul and @Panchox1 I went to the Mills store tonight and they don't have near the minifigures in the pictures above. I know they don't have the brown bunny, male elf, pink elephant, ice girl, tiger girl mr or mrs santa, butterfly or pumpkin head skeleton. They do get their deliveries on Tuesdays though. The pick a brick was ok, but you have to use the scoop if you do it yourself. Plenty of everything. It looks like they have a lot of parts to build a water fountain in teal and light blue. The employee at the counter was building the new Friends apartment. 
    madforLEGOpanchox1Rakul
    So going off the picture of Minifigs above Disney Springs had the following in the Parts packs I saw.  Purple Fairy Torso & wand from H. Trident from J.  Torso & Legs from R as well as a black laptop.  Everything from S except the Hat.  Torso, Hair & Pretzel from T.  Hair with Beard & Legs from Toolbox gut but not the tool box.  Everything from the one next to toolbox guy.  Everything from the denim girl below P including the bunny.  Hat Legs & Sausage from Blue Pug.  Chicken, Purple Turban, Sax, Tennis Racket, White Legs, Short Dk , green Legs.  Legs from the fig with the turban.  They also had lots of Red Legs with knee patches, Dual molded Earth Blue & Red and White & Black legs.  Purple Legs with pink polka dots.  Dk Grey, Black & Earth Green legs with printing on them.  Yellow Construction Torso with Blue arms.  Conductor Torso from Disney Train.  Tan Safari Torso.  Green & Red Torsos that may be Ninjago.  Chef Torso.  Light Blue with Silver Queen or Fairy Torso.  White Torso with Bright Orange & Lt aqua sleeves.  Green Backpack with bright green sleeping bag, Guitar, Surf Board, Grey Cat, Baseball Bat, Swords, Pizza & Tart Tiles, Lobster, Black Boombox.  Headpiece, Torso & Legs for Bear Costume.  Saw a few of the Sick dual sided light blue Head as well as the white Harlequin Head.  Lots of common heads.  Also basic hats & the Female ball cap with blonde ponytail. 
    There are lots more parts for the custom create a minifig so I guess they randomly throw some of the better accessories into the BAM packs.
    The Long Bones are in the PAB wall as well as the light colored Baguettes. 

madforLEGO
    So I ended up visiting the Disney Springs store 5 times over the course of my visit.  Purchased too many of the BAM packs because I kept finding ones with a part or two I had to have.  On two days they had some with the pink duck pool float accessory so I needed a few of those.  As I reported previously Bear Suit Guy and the head & legs for the Blue Pug but I never found the Blue Pug torso.  One visit they had the lavender skirt bottom to go with the purple Fairy Torso so I needed to grab one of those and I was also gifted the pie piece with sprinkles from the person running the create a figure station.  She was going to gift me the duck float but when I saw the pie piece I requested that instead.  Did the covid style PAB 3 times.  First was the most generous with the "extra scoop" because I ended up with enough extras to fill at least another half of a large cup because she kept adding more of some of my requested pieces.  Second time they emptied out what was left in the bin so got quite a bit more than an extra scoop full including a few different size plates in the same color that were mixed in the bin.  Last time I asked to split the extra scoop between two different colors of the 2x6 plate so it didn't end up being anywhere near a full extra scoop and the cup fill wasn't done too well either.  They did add the black spiders to the PAB wall on my final visit but I didn't ask for any.  They still have some random items that you can see if you look at the wall but aren't shown on the boards.  I hope this helps anyone who is visiting soon.
    panchox1madforLEGOYellowcastle
    Tempted to make a run up to the LEGO store tomorrow with the GF as she has not been to the store or mall recently (that she has told me anyway). I will be glad when the BaM bins are back to normal (hopefully by the summer or fall at latest..hoping anyway)
    gmonkey76Yellowcastle
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 183
    panchox1 said:
    Rakul said:

Curious to know this too. Gonna be passing through there in about 3 week. planning to stop off at the Colorado Mills store for the AFOL shopping day. it will be the first one that I finally get to go to.

Just so you know they had the same setup but different figs, I failed to take a pic but got the blue dog and flower one for my kid while there.  I was hoping for the elephant or butterfly for her though.
    madforLEGOoldtodd33panchox1
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,142
    Pick these up, are the princess and hippie exclusive?
    Mr_Cross
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,506
    Annoyingly the princess does seem to be exclusive. Why they can do a print for BAM and not the 3-in-1 creator castle is beyond me. 

The hippy's torso looks like the cmf snake charmer but haven't looked it up to see if it's an exact copy.
    SMCMr_Cross
    ^ Thanks you right about the hippy, don't think any of him is exclusive then.
    SMC said:

I think the hairband si/was.. maybe iut was the torso that they had for him at one point.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,057
    SMC said:

I think the hairband si/was.. maybe iut was the torso that they had for him at one point.
    The torso belonged to the snake charmer way back iirc
    madforLEGO
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,718
    No new parts to report, but I went to the Woodfield LEGO Store and they had the BAM parts back in the bins. So you could build your own now. Funny thing is you still can't touch the pick a brick parts. @madforLEGO  
    madforLEGO
    yeah, weird that paB is still off limits to touching whereas the more likely place for germs, BaM bins, are now open.. Good to know. I almost went up this weekend, but opted not too as it will likely be another 1-2 weeks before the new parts are out.
    gmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,664
    At the Mall of America store, the PAB wall has been open for at least a couple of weeks, but the BAM bar only opened between last Friday and the previous Friday. (I was there both Fridays 😃).
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 103
    My wife picked these up a week or so ago from the Lego Store in Natick, Massachusetts.

I tried searching for the set number wondering what would come up...but nothing on Brickset.

madforLEGO
    edited July 20
    My wife picked these up a week or so ago from the Lego Store in Natick, Massachusetts.

I tried searching for the set number wondering what would come up...but nothing on Brickset.

That's a number for what essentially is a generic pack, the Build a minifigure 'bar' allows you to build three figures for 9.99 and you put the figures in the packs for purchase (so you cannot like just buy 1 figure.. well you can, but LEGO will charge you 9.99 for the pack anyway). The Choc bunny, Dog and Bear pack is nice as it has two fairly sought after costumes from the BaM (bunny and bear suit).. I think if you search 'BaM' on Bricklink it should show all the exclusive parts that are in the BaM bars so far.
    gmonkey76Yellowcastle
    Anyone seen any new figures out yet for BaM? It has to be getting real close (I believe it should be August but wondering if any have been in the wild earlier).
    Went over to the Woodfield Mall LEGO store and they had no new BaM parts, which I expected, but did manage to get a bunch of parts I wanted when the pandemic hit, but could not get, like decorated pie (with sprinkles) pieces, Pink Afros, Inflatable pink duck piece, Green Sombreros. Sadly it sounds like you cannot get the Teddy bear costume or Blue pug costume's completed any more. (you can maybe find the torso for the Bear costume, but the head and legs are missing, and the blue head for the bear suit is missing (easy to spot if they were in a bin of all mostly yellow heads. Also did have the torso for the choc bunny suit but again seem to be missing the other parts... I did notice that they went back to sorting the parts in the bins by component again (so heads in one bin, accessories in another, legs in another).
    The new BaM pieces should be coming soon, has anyone seen them at a store yet?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,057
    The UK thread recently showed some updated BaM parts including a teal 2*3 brick character and a dia de Los Muertos guitar player which looked pretty rad.
    Weepy_Donuts
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,602
    I've been seeing that teal brick suit pop up on my feed in a number of places and now I have to have one.
    PJ76uk560Heliportravendragonwing
    Ok, So visited the LEGO store in Schaumburg IL (LEGO store in the mall, not LDC) and they have the accessories for many of the new figures, but not the new figures themselves (can be seen here: https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/new-build-a-minifigure-exclusives-for-q3-and-q4-2021-revealed/)
    So the LEGO store had pigs, the balloon animals, the snowboard (but did not recall seeing the toque/snow hat') flask, blue ice cream pop. The LEGO LDC had some of the new figure parts (like the day of the Dead mariahci/sombrero/torso and head, but the legs were not out. Brick torso, and lets, but heads and hair were missing) but missing many if not all of the accessories.
    So hopefully LEGO store gets all of the parts in soon, but the LEGO Store (not in LDC)  also had the complete pug outfit now (costume head torso and legs)
    The Store also had more of the dachshund, black scotty dogs (black 'toto' dog), Coral colored inflatable ducky parts as well.

gmonkey76thedingman5SirBen
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,195
    No Mariachi or Brick torso yet, but I picked these up at the Barton Creek store…

560HeliportmadforLEGOgmonkey76
    No Mariachi or Brick torso yet, but I picked these up at the Barton Creek store…

It looks like the pig is getting a bit friendly...
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    The Northpark store in Dallas doesn't have any of the new BaM parts yet.  They thought maybe they would come in on Friday.  Stonebriar may have them, they thought, but that's too long a drive for me to put up with at rush hour, so I did not go check.  As an aside, 16 of their PaB bins were empty.  At my last visit about two weeks ago (maybe less time than that), they had 14 empty bins on the PaB wall.  Have you guys seen this at other Lego stores?  I was super disappointed.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,664
    The Mall of America store has left the bottom row empty since they started letting us access the PAB wall. But lately there have been a few other bins empty as well, and some bins are duplicates of others- so I'd say there's around 1/3 fewer types of parts available.
  • ryderfanryderfan Member Posts: 25

daewoo said:
    The Northpark store in Dallas doesn't have any of the new BaM parts yet.  They thought maybe they would come in on Friday.  Stonebriar may have them, they thought, but that's too long a drive for me to put up with at rush hour, so I did not go check.  As an aside, 16 of their PaB bins were empty.  At my last visit about two weeks ago (maybe less time than that), they had 14 empty bins on the PaB wall.  Have you guys seen this at other Lego stores?  I was super disappointed.
    Stonebriar did get their shipment Friday and had them separated by boxes for those that wanted multiples of the teal brick/ pig farmer/ mariachi minifigs
    daewooKungFuKenny560Heliport
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,173

I just heard this from a LUG member.

"At Valley Faire they just have premade Halloween minifigures but nothing else…Was totally bummed. They said Lego is phasing out BAM and will just have premade three packs in the future. They said LEGO wants the build your own minifig to be a Discovery Center activity."

I just heard this from a LUG member.

"At Valley Faire they just have premade Halloween minifigures but nothing else…Was totally bummed. They said Lego is phasing out BAM and will just have premade three packs in the future. They said LEGO wants the build your own minifig to be a Discovery Center activity."

If true, that would suck and it would be one less reason to go to a LEGO store for me. I mean I have an LDC, but they force you to make figures there, and more often than naught I just want many of the accessories. I think LEGO stores will lose a lot of money if they removed the BaM 'bar'
    gmonkey76daewooBumblepantsOnebricktoomany
    Indeed, I'll sometimes fill a pack with 15 of the exact same part.  I plan on doing that with the pigs.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,602
    If true, that would certainly be disappointing!
    The introduction of totally new coloring or prints of parts in the BAM bars was definitely an enticement to actually go into a LEGO Store...
    Onebricktoomany
    I will be happy if they stop with the exclusive BAM parts they were too hit and miss to find but some I really wanted. When they did them in packs they were easy to find and know what to look for. Saying that its sad to loss the normal BAM parts.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 845
    edited October 14
    IMO, exclusive BaM parts are literally one of the only reasons to use a 'standard' Lego store now with the other being Pick-a-Brick.

The problem with BaM is when people abuse it and buy 15 accessories or whatever other desirable part. Basically limits need to be enforced and that probably goes for Pick-a-Brick too.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    The Lego store close to me won't let you buy 15 accessories so there is no abuse.  
    560Heliportdavetheoxygenman
  • sipusssipuss PolandMember Posts: 56
    I know it's certainly nice to get 15 accessories / parts one might want, but it kinda goes against the whole Build-a-Minifig, doesn't it? Then again they are pre-packed at my store, so there's no temptation. Maybe I'd cave in and pick 15 of something, or 3 of the same fig...
    560Heliport