Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Replacing minifig arms

CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 444
What is the best way of replacing minifig arms to minimize damage? I'm trying to customize a minifig torso and would like to know how best to remove and reinsert the arms.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,229
    I have found you need to move them as you are trying to dislodge them, it seems like less damage is done (as I have pulled them out and it seems like it loosens them up when I put them into another torso). I guess another way would be to maybe put them under really hot water and try to twist/pop them off?
    Cymbeline
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,926
    I raise the arms so they are at 90 degrees to the torso, then pop them out. I've never had a problem with cracks.
    oldtodd33PJ76ukCymbelinedatsunrobbie
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 617
    I do the same as CCC, never had a torso crack or other damage.
    Cymbeline
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 444
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will try them out on some less desirable (and unfortunate) minifig torsos until I feel confident that I know what I'm doing.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    The only thing I can add is that when you do swap arms, some arms can be a little smaller at the joint than others. If you find the new arm is loose in the joint find a different arm a try it instead. 
    Cymbeline
  • evanceltevancelt Boulder, COMember Posts: 55
    I find it works better to put the arms at 90 degrees with the elbow pointing up (arms are "behind" the torso) before cranking outward to pop the arms off
    Cymbeline