Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Olympic Minifigures: Team GB

Comments

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,961
    This is part of the reason I posted it is that other shops have this on their systems to. If my mate was the only one then I would be suspious but he is not. Plus I trust the guy and he one wouldnt drop me in it and two I wouldnt lie.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,961
    edited April 2012
    ^^Has that happened before with lego? where is @Istokg when you need him
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    down the pub if he has any sense!
    Ha ha thats where I wish I was have to work tomorrow instead :-(
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^ROFL again for FD jab.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    @Redbullgivesuwind well, just have to say thanks fella, made today a fun day to be a member of BS.
    Some of the comments and commotion have been hilarious!
    Still of the opinion this is real and just a shoddy email of prelim figs, but either way have had quite a few laughs over it today, so all good!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2012
    There is definatly some Olympic Minifigs coming seen them on our systems as well sadly no pics though :(
    Just a reminder. John Lewis? Are those on their systems fake as well?
    @flump6523 makes a good point and as such, gave me an idea. I contacted a friend at one of the US Stores and he sent me a quick snapshot from the UK product screen confirming the validity of this sku as well as the forthcoming price point. I, for one, cannot wait.

zzzu.bmp 325.1K
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ ROFLMAO!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,380
    edited April 2012
    ^^Lol! I for one am dying in anticipation of 8805- The Flying Dutchman vs. The Kraken. ;-)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,831
    edited April 2012
    ^^^ Only surprise there is that you found a UK store open at this time of night!
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 533
    ^^ me too, what's that all about?
    have had quite a few laughs over it today, so all good!
    And they keep coming! :) haha!

edited April 2012
    ^^ Lol, I hadnt seen that!

I actually thought it said 'Off road undersea bikini party command centre' at the bottom, but that's probably because it's friday night.

EDIT ... hang on, I knew something was different - what's that new set 3818?

EDIT .. hang on, there's a set called that already? Weird.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,207
    @flump6523 - I think you misread what I wrote. Please re-read. ;o)
    edited April 2012
    Very good. Don't you just love that Edit function? If only mine lasted more than 6 minutes. One day Rodney! :o)

Am not sure what it is your comment below mine refers to!? :op
    ^ It was a snapshot from the UK Product Screens...
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    @Yellowcastle, coming from a man who plays with Lego and spends way too much time in this forum, I have to tell you, you have wayyyy too much time on your hands ;-) Still, you can have my award for post of the week.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    <3 this thread.
  • StevenAshbyStevenAshby Member Posts: 155
    Doubled Checked the system again today at work to be on the safe side. They have the same description and product code as the pictures above so even if the pic is fake its based on a real product which is coming :)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ Thank you, that man!
  • dmetcalfdmetcalf Member Posts: 10
    For which country does this guy box?image

All I'm saying is the image in question looks like poo.
    And if this is a few minutes of my mediocre-Photoshop-skills, whomever Lego uses to put together it's communications HAS to be better than me!
    @pirncedraven yes its caused a massive stir normally I post and no one reads it :-D.

@yellowcastle nice detective work.

@dmetcalf lol that is a great image. I would say Italy :-D.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    @pirncedraven yes its caused a massive stir normally I post and no one reads it :-D.
    Aha, and your motive becomes clear, it was all an attention seeking exercise! Well it worked, you made the headlines on both Brickset and FBTB, well played sir. What I still don't get is how you persuaded @StevenAshby to quit his job and work undercover at John Lewis for 6 months, posting legitimate inside information all this time just so that we'd believe him when the time came to put your plan into action. Truly outstanding work.

edited April 2012
    What! my cover is blown. How did you know @atkinsar! I am also an amazing custom minifigure painter. I taught @Savage_steel all she knows ;-P. It took months of planning and alot of money. Although FBTB have taken the story down now.
    Although my ex would say this is just what i wanted.
    ^Oooh Lego police have got to FBTB, it must be true! :)
    Im thinking though I should have tried to wrangle some lego from the disbelivers in a bet lol.
    I think so as when I tried to get to the story it had gone
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    I noticed it had been removed, wonder why ;)
    They're probably reading this thread and are getting as confused as we all are.
    ^Ha ha proberbly or maybe they read the comments on the main page and thought not having that.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,128
    Man I am so confused! O_o
    :o)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,460
    I've heard a rumour that TLG will also be placing chromed Queen Elizabeth's in 2,012 random boxes to celebrate the Jubilee as well. Can anyone confirm this?
    ^^ Yes, and I can also confirm that the fig has googly eyes that wobble when you shake it and comes in an ermine-trimmed polybag.

^ Still no other photos then despite 'having it in hand'. Fishy! Some bidders are going to be disappointed in 5 days time when it gets cancelled :o)
    ^^Id heard it was the actual queen in a set.

Wow that was fast. Hope ebay get this down
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,460
    I love that someone has the cheek to put their own watermark across someone else's picture. 6 days left... Seems a bit optimistic for delivery, even if these are legit. Unless they do have them 'in hand', but then why not use a proper photo?
    Lol i know. I really dont think he even has them seeing as they are getting orders just in place. Funny feeling the poor winner will have no money. could just wreck his bidding system if your feeling mean.

as an aside so when we get the offical release for these and or lego takes it down. Will those who dont believe me and the others recant and worship us?
    If we get official release and they look exactly the same as the picture I will eat my shorts. Will you do the same if they don't?
    Of course ha ha. I tell you what if they dont get an offical release or have a resmblance to these. I will give a hundred pounds to a charity of your choice. Or buy you a lego set which ever you prefer.
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 533
    but what about The Flying Dutchman versus the Kracken?
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    ^ forget about it! LOL!
    ^^^and you do the same.
    no way mate, you shifted the rules :)
    edited April 2012
    Okay so the rules for either the hundred pounds to charity of your choice or lego set for you (up to a hundred pounds). are that lego must make an offical anouncement and the figures must look like the photo that has been issued. However accessoary colour changes are okay as long as it is still the same minifigure (so the boxer if changed from blue to orange it is the same figure). Any change in colour of costumes or change of accessories demed to change the nature of the character will mean the figure is not the same (If the boxer has no gloves) and result in @Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK winning. @Huw can make the judgement call if neither party can agree. How does that sound?
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    edited April 2012
    So Si will post a video of himself eating his shorts if when he loses?

EDITED for factual accuracy - bluemoose

Sorry, Im not into gambling.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,380
    @bluemoose- A good and accurate edit above^^ ;-)
    edited April 2012
    ^^thats fair enough.

ha ha @bluemoose genius