Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BrickLink Designer Program

123457»

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,232
    ^ The bowling alley is what you want. The aquarium does not interest you. Move along. (waves hand around) 😜
    pxchris
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 910
    I bet they did that on purpose so there won't be three "winter village" sets in one year.
    Would have been 4 that could fit in a WV scene: Hogsmeade, Home Alone House, Real WV, Chalet.
    vizzitorRussell844
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 201
    EGRoberts said:
    I feel like things like the aquarium are great but don't appeal to the mass due to it is not minifig scale.. Minifigs sell lego as there is a large group who enjoy being able to add it to something of there own collection like town buildings for there cities or that windmill for my medieval village! Events like the designer program are also going to draw crowds who will be willing to spend more money on a single set as it is all collectors who are looking due to Bricklinks fanbase.
    Personally I don’t give a hoot if it’s minifig scale or not. I hope to get the aquarium and maybe the bowling alley.
    Well I don't give a hoot about your not hooting so there =P  But ya I get the bowling alley, it's geared for minifigs =)  As for the aquarium, meh its good but not "funded" good...
    Astrobricks
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,516
    I took a second look at that aquarium... it's kinda fun actually... I mean, it does have a sunken pirate ship option!
    Switchfoot55Fizyx
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,346
    I'm a huge fan of the aquarium. I'll definitely consider funding it. 
    AstrobricksFizyx
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 181
    Well, I really hope you all get what you want but for me:
    1) You pay a premium for the Designer sets
    2) The ordering process is a mess (see round 1)
    3) No printed instruction book
    All adds up to no sale for me.
    560HeliportIan_Sgmonkey76
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 201
    Well, I really hope you all get what you want but for me:
    1) You pay a premium for the Designer sets
    2) The ordering process is a mess (see round 1)
    3) No printed instruction book
    All adds up to no sale for me.
    I remember the day like it was 2 months and 2 days ago... It was July 1st.. Canada Day, my birthday.. I woke up late, made coffee, and loaded up brickset home page and saw Huw's post reminding everyone about the designer program.. Hopped over and the castle in the forest was showing funded.. Ordered 1 right away.. No hassles, just sweet sweet lego ordering.. Now just have to wait 4 to 5 more months to get it =(   Hope the Windmill goes as smoothly for round 2 but who knows..  I also thought the prices where quite reasonable, I was expecting far worse and thought it was more then fair but each of us has different experiences so different for all of us to judge things.
    Jern92YellowcastleFollowsCloselyMarshallmario
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 910
    The lack of printed instructions is very disappointing. I wish they’d at least offer some way to get them printed professionally for a small fee.
    Marshallmario
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,822
    autolycus said:
    The lack of printed instructions is very disappointing. I wish they’d at least offer some way to get them printed professionally for a small fee.
    Printing and binding booklets is not cheap unless you do very large volumes, when the cost per unit drops.
    stluxYellowcastleFizyx
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,232
    The lack of instructions doesn’t greatly bother me, especially if it keeps the prices down and doesn’t otherwise delay the sets any further.
    FollowsCloselycanon03